test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    wow what a silly thing to say. They made 8 million in revenue last year. that's not profit that's revenue look up the difference I don't care to explain it. Of that revenue maybe 20% was profit.

so your statement that they rake in millions is a false statement. Here is a link http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-20-perfect-world-revenue-and-profit-down-year-over-year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_(company)
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • grifting3grifting3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would just like to point out to all those complaining about there being no server status indication, ARE YOU BLIND? top left corner of launcher has a server status light, red is down, green is up.

Thats all well and good except it doesnt work either. Before you log in its red and says its down, but once you log in it goes green saying its up, soo it mgt as well not exist.
  • deadphyredeadphyre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's open beta so this has and always will be expected. No dev team really know's how well things will be handled until it's tested...which is why we are testers. I'm totally patient and know that this is just part of the process...just like everyone else though, I have to agree..this is an awesome game so far. I've not encountered any bugs yet. Aside from the server hardware related stuff.
  • captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I wish 3 and a half hours ago they had given a rough eta of something along the lines of "new few hours" or this problem is going to take a minimum of 5 hours to repair" ... I could be doing many other things but because I don't know I cant stop myself from hitting refresh over and over and trying to login to avoid getting in Que once they do finally go up. I have a few hours each night to play and tonight its all during a server crash :( , no ones fault I know im just really starting to get "into" this game ;)
  • bigredlunchboxbigredlunchbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    randomzane wrote: »
    The fact that you're unable to recover from a hardware failure that effects ALL of your games in under 3 hours is pitiful. Your planning is poor and your disaster recovery testing is poor as well.

Nice english.
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Its getting worse the Alpha Quadrant has called for war on the City of Neverwinter O__O

Can magic missiles get through shields :/

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=651451&page=11

Yes energy shields are fake science fiction stuff and magic is real
  • skervinskervin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gngi wrote: »
    I just wish there was some app that allowed me to train professions while I'm outside of the game.

Well, there is the Gateway, but that was down as well.
  • hollowbody57hollowbody57 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Showing green light on server status, still timing out connecting to the login server once the game opens.
  • gngigngi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact that you're unable to recover from a hardware failure that effects ALL of your games in under 3 hours is pitiful. Your planning is poor and your disaster recovery testing is poor as well.

This isn't a web server, Video games are an entirely different industry. You don't have multiple technicians available 24-7. Your opinions are poor and your lack of judgement needs revising.

Source: I'm a former GM who had to shut down the game servers during a major hack and call in our techs.
  • ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is beta - so if we spent money we get it back right?
  • khondarkhondar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    wow what a silly thing to say. They made 8 million in revenue last year. that's not profit that's revenue look up the difference I don't care to explain it. Of that revenue maybe 20% was profit.

so your statement that they rake in millions is a false statement. Here is a link http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-20-perfect-world-revenue-and-profit-down-year-over-year

Well to be fair, 20% of 8 millions is still millions... so it is indeed "millions" as he said.
  • princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It keeps saying connecting to login server
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Just a notice to all the threads merged in here, please review the first post in this thread. Thanks!

A few posts may seem out of place, this is probably why.
  • jukejointjezebeljukejointjezebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but eventually those people will begin to lose consciousness, and the night-owls will descend upon Neverwintery bliss. I challenge you all to...

AN ALL-NIGHTER!

What, that ISN'T your usual M.O.?! ;)
    300wc45.jpgfa0uv6.jpg
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elkysium wrote: »

and Wikipedia is never wrong right? lol I just posted their financials for 2012. perhaps you should read it before posting a Wikipedia link.. epic fail lol
  • fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    I'm worried about losing celestial coins! Bed soon, then work all day. If I lose coins It'll be all kinds of crud.

Wake up 15 minutes earlier. Sign in Pray SIgn out.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to express my appreciation that you guys are working hard to keep us up to date and get the hardware issues fixed. It is amazing how many people are yelling in the other thread with the "I'm entitled" whine and refusing to believe this is a Beta just because a decision was made (not one I agree with) to let everyone in. But either way there ARE those of us out here who DO appreciate this game and DO appreciate your efforts, and recognize that this is a Beta (and thus provide you with feedback as we TEST this game).

And speaking of feedback . . . I do agree with some of the others here that the web site also needs a server status page like STO has :) Please? It would be awesome to just "refresh" instead of re-launching the launcher to keep checking status :)
  • daddyjackdaddyjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea i think that is a great idea gngi.
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    must . . . invoke . . . gods. cant let . . . coins . . die . .
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • onomatopoeiaiconomatopoeiaic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They moved my reply. :c
  • ex0tr4xex0tr4x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes and server status is red :((

apparently :
    "We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our servers. We are investigating this issue and are working to bring the shard back online. Thank you for your patience!"
  • w0lfpcakfanw0lfpcakfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm, thanks for the post, but the vibe I get from it is you are trying to blame it on testing/beta. Then why did CO and STO also go down? Are all your games that interconnected? Why do problems in one game affect the others? Your systems are poorly set up if this is the case. Start spending money on a better infastructure+hardware. Be completely honest with us, and admit the real problems. This is a really good game, and I hope you actually put money into it to make your service better.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    khondar wrote: »
    Well to be fair, 20% of 8 millions is still millions... so it is indeed "millions" as he said.

True but profit often is reinvested into the company for things like... a new mmorpg called neverwinter :)
  • lord2800lord2800 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm quite confident in saying that you know nothing of actual disaster recovery plans for IT organizations. Even Amazon AWS has had outages lasting longer than 3 hours--the most recent one was 4.5 hours, and that didn't even restore service to everyone involved.
  • stalogstalog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have they fixed the log in issue where it says "Connecting to Log in server." Retriving Character List "Disconnected from Log in Server."?????
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm ok with there being an outage. Stuff happens. The only issue I have is I wont be able to get in and pray, so the coins I earned the past week are going to go away. Not a HUGE deal, but it makes me sad :(
  • vmpkoavmpkoa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nostalg1c wrote: »
    What if the servers are actually fine and this was a way to get more followers on twitter?

lol, I hadn't thought of that, but i'd totally belive it.
  • marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    deadphyre wrote: »
    It's open beta so this has and always will be expected. No dev team really know's how well things will be handled until it's tested...which is why we are testers. I'm totally patient and know that this is just part of the process...just like everyone else though, I have to agree..this is an awesome game so far. I've not encountered any bugs yet. Aside from the server hardware related stuff.

Tell me the events that would allow us to call this a launch not a beta?

- Is it charging for mall items? yes
    -Are all characters permanet? Yes
    -Is it open to everyone that wants to DL and play? Yes
    -Is calling it Beta a convenient scapegoat for when things go south? - Yes

Truth is, with free to play games.. you could go on calling them beta for years as there is no sub fee... wake up.
  • hayes303hayes303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't bother me that the Neverwinter is down, as stated, its in Beta. What is concerning, is this shares servers with 2 games that are not in beta and those have tanked as well.

It just seems awkward and strange to me that Cryptic has designed everything like conjoined triplets.
  • geothstgeothst Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the continued updates (and jokes) on Twitter and the transparency on what the actual issue was. As a player, these things really help to understand what you guys are going through on your end as well. Thank you!