test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5.2.13 - Temporary Open Beta Outage

Comments

• shekienshekien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malchak wrote: »
    Game still isn't working... I count 3 times the devs have said it's fixed. Stop saying it's fixed when it's not.

They never said it was fixed... Only that they're working on it.
  • uideanuidean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol I thought this said "Temporary Open Beta Outrage" at first, good to know though I figured it was just me.
  • malchakmalchak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 hours at work waiting to play all day. Come home and servers are down. Have to go to bed in 45 min to be up for work again. :(. Oh well, Just needed to vent. I feel a little better. Off to bed. Suppose there is always tomorrow night. /end rant
    unless you die, which is totally possible.
  • nightelf34nightelf34 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Devs, how long?
  • taytartaytar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vmpkoa wrote: »
    I wonder what percentage of the posts on this are done by people that work for the company? My guess, and it's a pretty educated guess (years of reading forums on WoW and other places) i'd say 99% on the first 20 or so posts, and maybe more after that...

Just some constructive critisizim, if your going to put up fake posts, put in some a-holes here and there to make it seem more real. Please understand I don't like trolls either, it's unfair to let your game get a bad name because some dude wants to look smart by insulting your game.

Anyway, I just bought the founders pack and am loving the game, hope it comes back up soon.

It's sad that the gaming world has come to this.... People are happy about the game. Let's leave it at that.
  • fearthehydrasfearthehydras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Hyper-v does not even have a vmotion or svmotion ability built into it. its done manually or with 3rd party software. it sucks :) xen server is ok.. not great but not bad either its obviously cheaper than VMware however. With VMware you get disaster recovery as well so even if the entire thing went down, you could not have very little outage ( less than 2-3 min). You must also remember that yes this is f2p, but their datacenter runs SEVERAL other games. If it were me, I would but a datacentre license for windows, invest in the Vsphere 5.1 software and the disaster recovery package and convert the entire datacentre, while the upfront cost is high it would save tons in the long run and they would have the most stable mmo on the market.

Is this yours?

<youtube link removed per the RoC>
  • fishboy1111fishboy1111 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sherook wrote: »
    They have not commented yet on the downtime like nothing is wrong. So I was wondering if the 1 hour maintenance tomorrow was actually maybe suppose to read 13 hours and started on time?

Like I said maybe it was 6PM to 7AM and not 6AM to 7AM?

they have commented a ton on twitter and facebook, and the title of this thread plus its first post explains that it was a hardare issue with the servers
  • dagger711dagger711 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deltas77 wrote: »
    server lightis green but cant log in

goto launcher fix I think that is your issue..not patching correctly
  • pathtoeternitypathtoeternity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys need to pay better attention. Top of the forums...

"We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our servers. We are investigating this issue and are working to bring the shard back online. Thank you for your patience!"

In all fairness, that message up top doesn't have a date/timestamp on it, and if you're like me and don't visit the forums often you have no idea how long that's been up there. I mean, the name of this forum is "Bugs Reports" instead of "Bug Reports" so...

I'm really enjoying playing and will probably get more involved on the forums (as I tend to do), but I've come across a surprising number of typos so far.
  • luke92luke92 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    Oh well it is beta after all.
  • gr0mgr0m Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jalhara wrote: »
    Nah, you usually don't keep extra hardware laying around. I dunno about you buy having $12,000 routers or $20,000 blade servers just sitting doing nothing doesn't sound like a productive use of money.

Umm actually it is. When you're talking about a game that is supposed to bring in hundreds of millions of monies - any 2-3 hour outage during peak hour in the first few days of (soft) launch is a potential multi million dollar loss in the long run.
  • malchakmalchak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shekien wrote: »
    They never said it was fixed... Only that they're working on it.

nah they said it was fixed and "to log on normally".
  • firmomelettesfirmomelettes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been in open beta for 3-ish days, you'd be an honest fool to not see this coming and to even worse, judge the game for it.
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

no way I hate fusion. Why buy a friggin mac if you are forced to use fusion to make it work with most software? :)
  • lumineaislinlumineaislin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As sad as it is to not be able to play, I'm glad for the updates. Gnashing my teeth or *****ing isn't going to help, so I'll watch something on Hulu and wait for things to be less borked.
  • dimtoxdimtox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Cant connect to login server sighs
  • creiticreiti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this happens EVERY new game.. honestly.. get better servers for your open betas..
  • spaz21207spaz21207 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unable to connect to login server..is that part of this issue they are addressing? am i the only one with this issue?

Yep, that's part of the issue, and no, you're not the only one
  • drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    dagger711 wrote: »
    goto launcher fix I think that is your issue..not patching correctly

Whats this launcher fix you speak of
  • netrilusnetrilus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148
    edited May 2013
    same here no connection
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess having a beta launch was a good idea to get things ironed out.....
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World Team

Hope it was secure prior to new hardware:)
  • suricxsuricx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it just gonna get worse with god knows how many people trying to log in and slam the server with requests.
  • tabbeene1371tabbeene1371 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i cant even bring the launcher up. it says trying to update and to be patient. is this happening for anyone else? afterward theres an error saying it cant connect
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    I guess having a beta launch was a good idea to get things ironed out.....

Yes because a HARDWARE malfunction is completely their fault.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luke92 wrote: »
    Oh well it is beta after all.

Both Champions Online and Star Trek Online are down as well and Trek has a MASSIVE player base this is a major mess up :<
  • enigmatatt00enigmatatt00 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok...lol this is one of 3 games i play that has had server issues today.
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting real tired of your **** login server.... J/K hardware failure ><
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg
  • swolfe80swolfe80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep... same here. :/
  • vespirkavespirka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes because a HARDWARE malfunction is completely their fault.

it happens, you know, beta is made for that