What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    zaneztrikerzaneztriker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Logged out for lunch, came back and unable to execute launcher. Am getting an error message that states "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection."

Well clearly I have an internet connection as I am able to come to these forums and post my problem, lol.
  • Options
    xlocustaxlocusta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Logged out for lunch, came back and unable to execute launcher. Am getting an error message that states "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection."

Well clearly I have an internet connection as I am able to come to these forums and post my problem, lol.

same problems goes through 2 login attempts, then says contact tech support... same issue though i am connected to the internet.
  • Options
    kraivemoarkraivemoar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Impressive first impression. If only a real publisher was behind this backing it, ah well but we all can dream.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jabentz wrote: »
    "Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support."

Same for me, too.(From Europe, so it doesn't seem regional, either.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    onetokzonetokz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jphilipg wrote: »
    Yep, I'm having the same issues. Was connected to the game, got booted for " connection lost " although my net never went down, and now getting the " Auto update " problem. Tried the link for the option 7 fix and it doesn't work. Everything on my end is working fine so it's got to be something on the Cryptic side.

Yep im having the same problem.
  • Options
    blazemuffin69blazemuffin69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    patcher server - 208.95.185.29

BGP route server view - you will see there is no route for it, looks like their ip block is no longer advertised to the rest of the internet, probably a provider issue to their colo farms.

--- JUNOS 12.2R3.5 built 2013-01-24 09:22:31 UTC
    rviews@route-server.ip.att.net> show route 208.95.185.29

inet.0: 444486 destinations, 7111379 routes (444486 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
    + = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

0.0.0.0/0 *[Static/5] 1w2d 07:07:36
    > to 12.0.1.1 via fe-0/0/0.0
  • Options
    zordinaryzordinary Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your download link from update #7 seems broken.
  • Options
    meldrothmeldroth Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least it isn't just me!
    "Truth is absolute, so if you truly seek it, you can find only one answer."
  • Options
    darkantaresdarkantares Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server is down?
  • Options
    capnw00tcapnw00t Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still getting stuck at launcher autoupdating.
  • Options
    grimzodgrimzod Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    patcher server - 208.95.185.29

BGP route server view - you will see there is no route for it, looks like their ip block is no longer advertised to the rest of the internet, probably a provider issue to their colo farms.

--- JUNOS 12.2R3.5 built 2013-01-24 09:22:31 UTC
    rviews@route-server.ip.att.net> show route 208.95.185.29

inet.0: 444486 destinations, 7111379 routes (444486 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden)
    + = Active Route, - = Last Active, * = Both

0.0.0.0/0 *[Static/5] 1w2d 07:07:36
    > to 12.0.1.1 via fe-0/0/0.0

Thanks for the info. Saw elsewhere that someone said STO and CO were down too, so looks like their ISP forgot to pay the light bill ;)
  • Options
    envegileenvegile Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're looking into it right now and will resolve it shortly.

Update 1: We know the cause and have a team working on it. Thank you for being patient.
    Update 2: Solution is being worked on. You'll be able to log in soon.
    Update 3: The issues are related to the web server that hosts the Launcher page. We're working on a redirect and it should be fixed soon.
    Update 4: We're going to QA (internally test) another update to the launcher. Hold tight - it's close! And remember, if you're a Founder stuck at login and already have a level 10+ character, check out Gateway! https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    Update 5: Launcher fix in place. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve the issue. Log into Neverwinter NOW!
    Update 6: For players who still cannot get in, we have a fix for you in a few minutes. Stay tuned.
    [Solution] Update 7:

Update 8: 403 errors - Looking into it!
    [Solution] Update 9: For players with 403 error, click on this link: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey. You don't need a key. Just go to the page to fix the 403 error.
    [Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.
    [Solution] Update 11: Error 36 message while trying to patch:
    [Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7.
    Update 13: We're going to take the servers down to address a few issues in around 15 minutes. Maintenance thread here.
    Update 14: Maintenance completed. We'll continue to monitor this thread.
    Update 15: The launcher is currently working correctly, but not displaying any information. Please login normally!

Update 16 broken again =P
  • Options
    zogtheimmortalzogtheimmortal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtf reading all these posts and i got the cryptic launcher autoupdate fail like everyone else!! the link that your suposed to use to fix your exe file doesnt work...nothing is fixing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    trocan678trocan678 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    kraivemoar wrote: »
    Impressive first impression. If only a real publisher was behind this backing it, ah well but we all can dream.

If only there were a beta to test for things like this... ah well, we all can dream.
  • Options
    blazemuffin69blazemuffin69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and there is the problem.

ASN Name
    AS174 Cogent Communications
    AS14742 Internap Network Services Corporation

those are their uplinks. :)

http://bgp.he.net/AS46461
  • Options
    kraivemoarkraivemoar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trocan678 wrote: »
    If only there were a beta to test for things like this... ah well, we all can dream.

Agreed! A beta test instead of selling early access might work wonders! Good thinking.
  • Options
    wujoewujoe Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it still wont work for my it says tried connecting 2 times then fail wha do i do?
  • Options
    aprilaiaprilai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get an updated link for the Solution #7? Your servers suck so bad I can't even download the new .exe file.
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wujoe wrote: »
    it still wont work for my it says tried connecting 2 times then fail wha do i do?
    wait 8) like the reast of us
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait 8) like the reast of us
  • Options
    thecommitteethecommittee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And i had to choose today to try out this game.
  • Options
    jag2000jag2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Go outside and play?
  • Options
    lefty8lefty8 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jesus, if for the short time that this game actually works, they do maintenance, maintenance every day, come on, how long have you been making this game for you still can't get it right? Pathetic.
  • Options
    r3pentr3pent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We use Cogent at work and have many issues with routing through their network.
  • Options
    bunk5aucebunk5auce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having an odd issue.
    After first installing the game yesterday, when I tried to run the "\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe" file, a message box sat in the top left corner of my screen explaining it was "Attempting to update launcher. Please be patient". After the second attempt, an error box popped up, I've posted a picture of it below.delete_me.png
    When I came home from work today (5pm) I opened my computer from hibernation, and tried running the game. It worked. I then closed out after a few minutes, and tried running it again - only to be stuck receiving the original error. Things haven't changed since then, and I only found one page on the forum which pointed me to a dead link of some "Neverwinter.exe" I could replace my own with.
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    r3pent wrote: »
    We use Cogent at work and have many issues with routing through their network.

They are based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

I am in Northfield, Minnesota.

It's snowing bad here, maybe the weather has a hand in this?

My ISP is wonky sometimes when it's all icy and snowy.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thelyonheart2thelyonheart2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bunk5auce wrote: »
    I'm having an odd issue.
    After first installing the game yesterday, when I tried to run the "\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter.exe" file, a message box sat in the top left corner of my screen explaining it was "Attempting to update launcher. Please be patient". After the second attempt, an error box popped up, I've posted a picture of it below.delete_me.png
    When I came home from work today (5pm) I opened my computer from hibernation, and tried running the game. It worked. I then closed out after a few minutes, and tried running it again - only to be stuck receiving the original error. Things haven't changed since then, and I only found one page on the forum which pointed me to a dead link of some "Neverwinter.exe" I could replace my own with.

same as above.dead link to fix
  • Options
    akiro78akiro78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bunk5auce wrote: »
    I'm having an odd issue.

Same here. Having a similar difficulty.
  • Options
    justme45justme45 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we all have to keep in mind that this is a beta game and this is what happens in beta games. I'm sure that I'm not the only hardcore mmo er here, we have all experienced this and will continue to, it's the nature of the beast!
    On the good side ..... with what little time I have spent in the game, I love it!
    And I'm looking forward to getting back into battle :)
  • Options
    tubaphonetubaphone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GUYS! Stop relying on one source for feedback. They have a post on Facebook saying they are fully aware of everyone issue concerning the auto-update for the launcher. I am sure they have this issue on their top priority seeing that most people cant play the game.
This discussion has been closed.