Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    justme45 wrote: »
    I think we all have to keep in mind that this is a beta game and this is what happens in beta games. I'm sure that I'm not the only hardcore mmo er here, we have all experienced this and will continue to, it's the nature of the beast!
    On the good side ..... with what little time I have spent in the game, I love it!
    And I'm looking forward to getting back into battle :)

Yup.

Well said, my friend. Well said.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thiefmthiefm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this problem yesterday so I downloaded the new launcher and it worked, most occurred again today and the link to download the launcher does not work.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think we all have to keep in mind that this is a beta game and this is what happens in beta games. I'm sure that I'm not the only hardcore mmo er here, we have all experienced this and will continue to, it's the nature of the beast!
    On the good side ..... with what little time I have spent in the game, I love it!

Yup.

Well said, my friend. Well said.

• Options
    grannygruntgrannygrunt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the links for the new launcher thing and file to replace neverwinter exe file does not load
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wow the forum is jacked up lol

• Options
    kraivemoarkraivemoar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 15: The launcher is currently working correctly, but not displaying any information. Please login normally!

Last edited by sominator; Yesterday at 01:46 PM.

So is this even being looked into since yesterday or they still going with "working correctly" ?
  • Options
    evilspiral1369evilspiral1369 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how people read before posting :p
  • Options
    premier5premier5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jag2000 wrote: »
    Go outside and play?

In the middle of the night? On a weekday?
    What are we? Normal people?
  • Options
    channelupbuttonchannelupbutton Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Exactly. Its a free game and its in testing so i dont know why people are going crazy! Hold your horses people! You're the ones who want to play right? dont go crazy when <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens. Its a small price to pay.
  • Options
    jadedjackalopejadedjackalope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tubaphone wrote: »
    GUYS! Stop relying on one source for feedback. They have a post on Facebook saying they are fully aware of everyone issue concerning the auto-update for the launcher. I am sure they have this issue on their top priority seeing that most people cant play the game.

If we're looking at the same fb post. . . that sucker was thrown up Monday.
  • Options
    muangpimuangpi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher is currently not working like u said man. Fix this
  • Options
    lotusnerolotusnero Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone upload the new Neverwinter.exe somewhere? The site is getting smashed by everyone trying to download the new .exe lol

Thanks.
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is communications problem and not a server issue. In other words, my guess, is that their ISP screwed up. You can tell that even the forums are sluggish. But why are the forums still accessible? Simple, they are going through another pipeline. That is why they are partially affected. The forums require less bandwidth than the game itself.

I just tried STO and it's the same situation. Put your seatbelt on, and seats in the upright position. We are in for a bumpy ride.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kraivemoar wrote: »
    Update 15: The launcher is currently working correctly, but not displaying any information. Please login normally!

So is this even being looked into since yesterday or they still going with "working correctly" ?

it kinda went fuzzy on my at around 9ish.
    I started lagging and then it kicked me out a few times and now it wont let me log in
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is communications problem and not a server issue. In other words, my guess, is that their ISP screwed up. You can tell that even the forums are sluggish. But why are the forums still accessible? Simple, they are going through another pipeline. That is why they are partially affected. The forums require less bandwidth than the game itself.

I just tried STO and it's the same situation. Put your seatbelt on, and seats in the upright position. We are in for a bumpy ride.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kraivemoar wrote: »

it kinda went fuzzy on my at around 9ish.
    I started lagging and then it kicked me out a few times and now it wont let me log in
  • Options
    kilconkilcon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love how as soon as I bought zen the stupid thing crashed on me and now I magically cant get back into the game....... its a conspiracy :P
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was thrown! Held on as long as I could.. the agony...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    xepholusxepholus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, if anyone could upload a new link to the fixed neverwinter.exe file, that would be great... the website will not load for me.
  • Options
    zinszins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there a working fix to the cryptic launcher autoupdate issue yet??? i will be more cautious when i click on the quest giver this time i promise!! lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I was thrown! Held on as long as I could.. the agony...

You CAN do IT! JUST HOLD ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    huhwhawhohuhwhawho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was about to throw $60 at the game. Was playing fine for two days. Stopped an hour ago to put money on the card. Get home. Updating patcher...

Hopes it get fixed before I find something on Steam. :p
  • Options
    evilspiral1369evilspiral1369 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am about to start playing Neverwinter Nights 2 while you guys figure it out :D
  • Options
    suicidesuicide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game was working fine for my boyfriend and I all day yesterday and earlier this evening. Suddenly at around 9pm CST we get the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate error that it cannot connect. Anyone have the .exe out on a different location? the link in the first post is a dead end.
  • Options
    huhwhawhohuhwhawho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was about to throw $60 at the game. Was playing fine for two days. Stopped an hour ago to put money on the card. Get home. Updating patcher...

Hopes it get fixed before I find something on Steam. :p
  • Options
    justme45justme45 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :) thanks :)
    I just made a pot of coffee .... I'm all set to wait it out ! lol
  • Options
    dvshamsterfistdvshamsterfist Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    xepholus wrote: »
    Yeah, if anyone could upload a new link to the fixed neverwinter.exe file, that would be great... the website will not load for me.

Why they don't just put a torrent up is beyond me.
  • Options
    raidenz2588raidenz2588 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just DLed the game, made a character and had to log off to feed the kid.....If only I let the kid starve I would be playing....
  • Options
    adakhiadakhi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not working here too =/
  • Options
    techiebikertechiebiker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Rant...Scream...Yell...Uninstall...Reinstall! Now that I have hidden all the anger that would get me banned from a game I cannot play, it would be nice for an update to suggested work around suggestions instead of blindly pointing to ones that are three days old and have not worked for two of those days. The lack of solid communication is going to kill this game. The same thing happened in DDO. I finally got through to customer service and was informed that the players would have to fend for themselves. Except here we are not even getting that response; we are getting "cryptic" and vague answers that could come from a mystic 8 ball not customer support. Could we have some clear leadership and answers, please?
This discussion has been closed.