What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    lunabagunalunabaguna Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope so, I would sincerely like to keep playing. I was only able to get my first character to 4 before this happened.
  • Options
    norzothnorzoth Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher broken again I spend as much time trying to fix this game as I do playing *loading please wait* *loading please wait*
  • Options
    arriarri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher is in no way fixed, I'm afraid. Still stuck on "Trying to update the launcher"
    Pinnys of all shapes and sizes.

Pinny Foxfang - 60 Guardian Fighter
    Pinny Foxfire - 60 Scourge Warlock (Temptation)
  • Options
    dmbazdmbaz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haxzu0bs wrote: »
    For those who downloaded a new .exe file and can't get in. Here's a copy of the old .exe file.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pjgkpev2zjq2pu4

For the Devs : Good job on the launch so far. Toodles :)

Thanks, saved me re-downloading the whole thing. Shame the official post didn't provide this!
  • Options
    thesneakyllamathesneakyllama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anyone still has the cryptic crash error upon logging in I know having DisplayFusion running causes this along with Mumble and Teamviewer. Make sure you stop these from running in the background and it will launch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If anyone still has the cryptic crash error upon logging in I know having DisplayFusion running causes this along with Mumble and Teamviewer. Make sure you stop these from running in the background and it will launch.

I dont have any of these programs on my computer. Still not working patching past the last 174 mb.
  • Options
    ezikeyalezikeyal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I replaced my .exe as listed in solution 7....Now the launcher doesn't even open. I much preferred it when it, for some reason, opening an IE window saying it couldn't load webpage...Hooray useless solutions to new problems. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    reapercrossreapercross Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a problem that, when I get teleported to city after fighting the first boss (when you get level 4), my character bugs. I can walk away but, like 15 seconds later, my character gets back to the spot he was earlier, and I can't talk to npcs too. This happened to my 2 characters!
    I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but, please, if someone can help me, I will apreciate it.
    And sorry for the bad english =P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So I found a semi-fix for my problem. Regardless of the fact that I could download 95% of the new patch and all of every other patch thus far, my school's network would not allow me to download the last 174 mb of the most recent patch. I was finally able to do it when I went to a local safeway and used their network. This is a huge issue that needs to be fixed somehow because there should not be different downloading rules for 5% of a patch than there are for the other 95%. Unfortunately this fix wont work for people like my roommate who are on a network that wont accept that last 5% and are on a desktop. Please if this is going to be a continuing issue, make a way to manually patch, because he is screwed until this is fixed.
  • Options
    gr0gnakgr0gnak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Had the problem with blank page or crash as soon as I login as well.
    Wat fixed it for me was a reinstall in the default folder (C:\users\..)
    I had it installed somewhere else previously, as I only use my C for my OS..

EDIT: only seemed to work the first time, launcher is back to crashing after login now :s
    EDIT: seems to be working now if I rund the exe as admin.

Since many ppl these days use a "small" ssd as startup disk, could be a reason for this happening to alot of ppl.

cheers.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lunabaguna wrote: »
    So I found a semi-fix for my problem. Regardless of the fact that I could download 95% of the new patch and all of every other patch thus far, my school's network would not allow me to download the last 174 mb of the most recent patch. I was finally able to do it when I went to a local safeway and used their network. This is a huge issue that needs to be fixed somehow because there should not be different downloading rules for 5% of a patch than there are for the other 95%. Unfortunately this fix wont work for people like my roommate who are on a network that wont accept that last 5% and are on a desktop. Please if this is going to be a continuing issue, make a way to manually patch, because he is screwed until this is fixed.

I'll hijack my neighbours wifi as they allow me to do it some time to time if my net goes down. Can't do it right now as I'm out and about from my apartment. So hopefully that may resolve it, but still there must be something very strange for that last 5% to go crazy on some networks/connections.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I finally got it fixed by moving the game folder to another drive on my computer and it fixed it for some weird reason.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    humunculi123humunculi123 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried every solution here multiple times and im still getting "CrypticError: Oops!" message every time
  • Options
    killerkingpin1killerkingpin1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay so I get a message that the launcher has stopped responding when I click the play button. anybody got any ideas ont his. I hav tried every fix that I have come across. tried every compability mode and even replaced the game launcher. thanks if anyone can fix it
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the message is the gameclient.exe has stopped responding
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and now I get missing game files. I have re-installed it like 5 times so what the hell
  • Options
    shurablesshurables Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I replaced the old neverwinter.exe and now i cant even see the error haha ... the process open but the game doesn't

ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function - No response for some command in autoupdate state 130501 20:16:21 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
  • Options
    echiyaechiya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    188 pages of issues, problems and frustration....
    if you guys cannot make a download and log in smooth (like many, many, many other games) its hard to imagine that the game will be polished.
    I would offer an opnion on the actual game but after several days, umteen attempts at log ins, patching, exe corrections... well I still have yet to play .... hours of fiddling .... its beyond stupid.
    I will check back in 6 months maybe.... this kind of stuff should not be happening.
  • Options
    dahotnessdahotness Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having trouble logging in. It tells me I have entered an incorrect Username and/or Password. I have reset my password and even tested it playing Battle of Immortals and had no problems. I also have a second account I tried to log in as well and I am having the same problem with that account as well. Is there anyone that can help me get into the game? Todays my first day and would realy like to try the game with the time that I have left.
  • Options
    dahotnessdahotness Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having trouble logging in. It tells me I have entered an incorrect Username and/or Password. I have reset my password and even tested it playing Battle of Immortals and had no problems. I also have a second account I tried to log in as well and I am having the same problem with that account as well. Is there anyone that can help me get into the game? Todays my first day and would realy like to try the game with the time that I have left.
  • Options
    bahb007bahb007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was in the game and it kicked me out and is now telling me that it cannot connect to the patch server after 2 attempts.
  • Options
    terrakatashterrakatash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just now, on May 2nd at 6:25 I am running into the issue talked about from April 30th. The "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" This became an issue after I supposedly lost 'net connection and attempted to re-login to the games servers. The "connecting to servers" page just froze and did nothing for over 10 minutes until I exited the program. Now I'm getting the Autoupdate problem. I have a net connection, and my internet is running fine aside from PerfectWorld being shockingly slow to load on anything (specifically, though, your Neverwinter Forum sub-adress). Now, being the conservative smart little lady I am, I figured why not try your acclaimed fixes from April 30th. Sadly you've taken down said option so its no longer available.

What is the issue this time? And how long do you think you can fix it? I know the problem has no connection to my 'net connectivity, flaky she may be, because I've been holding steady a connection for over thirty minutes, and before this, for over 6 hours. Unless, for some reason, you are experiencing some inadvertant down time on the servers. If so, please let us know the situation asap. Much obliged.
  • Options
    mykaaprilmykaapril Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the [Solution] Update 12 problem so I tried to replace it with the [Solution] Update 7 download link, but the page will not open for some reason. Is it down or is it my computer that is having the issue?
  • Options
    isaacbisaacb Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same prob too.. I DC'ed from the game and now I can't log in...
  • Options
    miguelthiagomiguelthiago Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're looking into it right now and will resolve it shortly.

Update 1: We know the cause and have a team working on it. Thank you for being patient.
    Update 2: Solution is being worked on. You'll be able to log in soon.
    Update 3: The issues are related to the web server that hosts the Launcher page. We're working on a redirect and it should be fixed soon.
    Update 4: We're going to QA (internally test) another update to the launcher. Hold tight - it's close! And remember, if you're a Founder stuck at login and already have a level 10+ character, check out Gateway! https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    Update 5: Launcher fix in place. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve the issue. Log into Neverwinter NOW!
    Update 6: For players who still cannot get in, we have a fix for you in a few minutes. Stay tuned.
    [Solution] Update 7:

Update 8: 403 errors - Looking into it!
    [Solution] Update 9: For players with 403 error, click on this link: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey. You don't need a key. Just go to the page to fix the 403 error.
    [Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.
    [Solution] Update 11: Error 36 message while trying to patch:
    [Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7.
    Update 13: We're going to take the servers down to address a few issues in around 15 minutes. Maintenance thread here.
    Update 14: Maintenance completed. We'll continue to monitor this thread.
    Update 15: The launcher is currently working correctly, but not displaying any information. Please login normally!

Today i tried to to log in ,but,my launcher doesnt respond , appears a mensage about update the launcher (Cryptic Autoupdate Launcher) ,but nothing happens , and then an error appears(conectin Problem) , whats happening ?
  • Options
    jihadeejihadee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same auto update issue as well.
  • Options
    drool01drool01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just now, on May 2nd at 6:25 I am running into the issue talked about from April 30th. The "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" This became an issue after I supposedly lost 'net connection and attempted to re-login to the games servers. The "connecting to servers" page just froze and did nothing for over 10 minutes until I exited the program. Now I'm getting the Autoupdate problem. I have a net connection, and my internet is running fine aside from PerfectWorld being shockingly slow to load on anything (specifically, though, your Neverwinter Forum sub-adress). Now, being the conservative smart little lady I am, I figured why not try your acclaimed fixes from April 30th. Sadly you've taken down said option so its no longer available.

What is the issue this time? And how long do you think you can fix it? I know the problem has no connection to my 'net connectivity, flaky she may be, because I've been holding steady a connection for over thirty minutes, and before this, for over 6 hours. Unless, for some reason, you are experiencing some inadvertant down time on the servers. If so, please let us know the situation asap. Much obliged.

Same thing just happenned to me.
  • Options
    angel45123angel45123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fallen link! :mad:
  • Options
    furrysasquatchfurrysasquatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    thecommitteethecommittee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Exactly what i got, and I was making my first char, game look interesting though.
This discussion has been closed.