test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    yktyyyktyy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eulog33 wrote: »
    First, this is a BETA.

First, this is a Beta, do you know when the actual game is going to be released?

Second, this is a Beta, so we're gonna get all our Zen/AD back when the game is released (just like we got back all the AD we spent in closed Beta weekends)?

It's not a Beta because they say it's a Beta.
    Fact: we can spend a lot of money for ingame content and I don't believe we get a refund when(if) the game is actually released.
    Fact: there is no release date.

Hence, this is not a Beta, the game has been released, you can spend a lot of money on it to support it and then have the right to complain about the downtime, the queues, etc.
  • Options
    faidranfaidran Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got Me Patch....Aye My lord ready to go.... open up
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to load up my log in for game and its just a white screen
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yktyy wrote: »
    First, this is a Beta, do you know when the actual game is going to be released?

Second, this is a Beta, so we're gonna get all our Zen/AD back when the game is released (just like we got back all the AD we spent in closed Beta weekends)?

Fact: we can spend a lot of money for ingame content and I don't believe we get a refund when(if) the game is actually released.

Hence, this is not a Beta, the game has been released, you can spend a lot of money on it to support it and then have the right to complain about the downtime, the queues, etc.

What? Even google translate can't decipher this.
  • Options
    jamescoskerjamescosker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    faidran wrote: »

Nice grammer!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Keep trying...got it on my 3rd try
  • Options
    jankkariiijankkariii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    faidran wrote: »

Lol, nerd

*ten char*
  • Options
    rpg141rpg141 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sealavs wrote: »
    I tried to load up my log in for game and its just a white screen

Same here.
  • Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Client updated then totally crashed with a script bug log that then crashed after that so fast I could not even read what it said the error was LOL back to drawing board folks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aye My Lord Jankkarii..open up... bend over....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I click log in and Cryptic Error handler shows up
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They still have an hour and 15 mins before the game goes back up. Trying to log in while the server is down is fruitless.
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rpg141 wrote: »
    I click log in and Cryptic Error handler shows up

Weird.. you'd think there would be no problems logging in when the servers are down. ;)
  • Options
    feedmepixelsfeedmepixels Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    They still have an hour and 15 mins before the game goes back up. Trying to log in while the server is down is fruitless.

^ This people.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We can play Guild Wars 2 while we wait.
  • Options
    roflageroflage Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amount of kids in this forum is hilarious....
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... really
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hanging on connecting to login server
  • Options
    jijit1515jijit1515 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice grammer!

Grammar* Good try though.
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roflage wrote: »

look one of them posted this
  • Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timed out... lol crazy stuff
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    roflage wrote: »

And one boring adult.
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    yktyy wrote: »

You don't pay a sub to play this game, nobody is forcing you to pay at all, if you choose to invest that is your privilege, but to be fair if you make that investment while the game is still in beta then you have been a bit foolish. You know its not the finished article, so if you went ahead and threw your money at the screen and you aren't happy about it, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. Patience is a virtue.
  • Options
    raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    1 hour to go right?
  • Options
    nevzatxxnevzatxx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kids generally play games - just some info for you Roflage
  • Options
    eulog33eulog33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    First off, stop saying this is BETA. It is not Beta by the definitions of what most people use that word for. The word has been redefined in FTP to mean launch without accountability. There is no further wipe, everyone can play, the cash shop is open and they are taking money. So to continue using that as an excuse is ridiculous.

Second, the HotN folks did pay for queue jumping and, in some cases, have not been getting it.

Third, the Queues may lose them business, but I guess it depends on what the trade off for HotN sales to avoid the queue is. Are they OK with losing hundreds of players in exchange for thousands of dollars in immediate income by forcing people who really want to play to buy the packs?

Correction, SWTOR started with not enough servers. Had awful queues but they immediately reacted and put up more servers. That's what a GOOD company does. What they did not do was react fast enough and merge when they experienced drop off.

OK

Beta : a nearly complete prototype of a product (as software) <released in beta> <the beta version>

That is the definition. You chose to make it include not being allowed to include open testing. Just because they are at the point they are no longer going to need to wipe everything and are allowing people who participate in the beta to get head start does not detour from the fact it is still not complete. Therefor still a beta. The ONLY people that get to decide when it is no longer in beta is the developer. If you do not want to have these issues simply wait for that point and start playing. No one is forcing you to participate in the Beta.

I am not talking about the people complaining about queue jumping. I am talking about the ones complaining the game is down. You are correct, if they paid for that they should get it.

Truthfully I do not see people leaving over the slightly longer queue times because of the handful of queue jumpers out there. Maybe I am wrong but there is no way to tell how much it adds to your queue so I think people are less likely to leave for that.

And if you think SWToR was handled like a good company handles its business, please go back there and keep it. I do not want to be in ANY game that is handled like that. Opening more servers does not fix your launch issues. Just delays them. I for one would be more upset with merging servers later then queue times now.
  • Options
    fredbakanfredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    jankkariiijankkariii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh god, servers down!
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I got to play for about 5-10minutes before servers went down and the game looked awesome thinking of main as Cleric and Alt control Wiz I was wondering if picking a Halfling was good cleric choice or if it matters much cause last night just messing around with the customization I really liked the tiefling and Halfling.

over all in the few minutes I got to exp it looked <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like the idea of creating own content and can't wait to get my hands on this
    been playing a few games here in there trying to find one I can just sink my teeth into and play for a while and neverwinter looks like it could meet the requirements.

can't wait till around 2 when I can experiment more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Trying to log in while the server is down, then posting about it in the Sever Down notification thread and expecting a surprised response is what is wrong with people.

I'm more confused than you are.
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.