test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    punkerox27punkerox27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mygplayer wrote: »
    where to put net_graph 1 <is something that can improve? my internet is 2 megs!

in the game.... /net_graph 1 para ativar , /net_graph 0 para desligar.
  • Options
    hellbellyjokerhellbellyjoker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nerd rage makes me laugh. Watch out - they are going to bust into Caps Lock any moment.....

Just started playing this morning, very different than DDO - not a bad thing. It is nice to see issues being addressed fast, if the down time provides a smoother ride, then so be it.

If you are coughing out money into something that may not make it (AOC and other three month games where you are bored and find something else to do) and expect to have a midget wipe your butt when you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while playing, get over it. You bought perks, you used the perks - that is what your $200 paid for - not a hand shake from E. Gary Gygax.
  • Options
    avataren1avataren1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    again im asking when is the servers coming up ?
  • Options
    adrynbadrynb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drzeyus wrote: »
    Come on do you know its beta still?

Whats with some people. They dont understand this is BETA. There are going to be downtime and issues. Things will break. Expect more downtime, expect more issues. If this was full launch then sure alittle angry people would be sort of expected. But even then MMO launches still ALL had issues when they when live....

I expect even when this game launches in the future there probly will be some more issues.
    BUt over all i am happy as things go right now.

As for people that actually took time off work to play. Well LOL ITS A BETA get over it.

I can call an orange a banana, doesn't make it one though.
    They've done something quite clever here, which i do indeed give them a nod of respect for.
    They know that at any launch, no matter how hard you honestly try, players break sh*t.
    There are a incredible amount of bugs and glitches that simply can not be anticipated and will happen and when they do scores drop and people whine their asses off and bad publicity ensues and the game suffers.
    So what can they do? open beta i.e ninja launch
    A <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of bugs are identified and no one really minds because there are droves of guys like you shouting LOL BETA at people when ever they dare voice an opinion.

Whether you can admit it or not this is the real launch.
    Beta? LOL LAUNCH!!111!!!
  • Options
    smirnosmirno Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for your hard work
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    we+there+yet.jpg
  • Options
    mygplayermygplayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iltet wrote: »
    just write /netgraph 1 in the chat in-game

15mb here and i had 150-200 ms when i got to play

will be that you can still improve? do not want to stop playing, I can play American games and up.

will he take performance CONNECTION
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nerd rage makes me laugh. Watch out - they are going to bust into Caps Lock any moment.....

Just started playing this morning, very different than DDO - not a bad thing. It is nice to see issues being addressed fast, if the down time provides a smoother ride, then so be it.

If you are coughing out money into something that may not make it (AOC and other three month games where you are bored and find something else to do) and expect to have a midget wipe your butt when you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while playing, get over it. You bought perks, you used the perks - that is what your $200 paid for - not a hand shake from E. Gary Gygax.

If they need their butts wiped when they <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, there are other issues they should resolve before playing the game.
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerd props to Gygax

• Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey it is like I told my entire guild when they started the whining stuff. it is still in beta so bound to be down times, that is why as a MULTIGAMING beta testing GUILD we have alternatives, So I told them to go off and play "NO Not with themselves umm well sort of" To go play World of tanks or SWTOR as we have guilds set in both for just such instances as even established games have server down times, and especially like now in beta down times. Bound to happen folks so have a back up plan and wait it out. Any one tried that new thing called TV? OR Videos maybe? Hear it can be "Entertaining" as well, LOL.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adrynb wrote: »
    I can call an orange a banana, doesn't make it one though.
    They've done something quite clever here, which i do indeed give them a nod of respect for.
    They know that at any launch, no matter how hard you honestly try, players break sh*t.
    There are a incredible amount of bugs and glitches that simply can not be anticipated and will happen and when they do scores drop and people whine their asses off and bad publicity ensues and the game suffers.
    So what can they do? open beta i.e ninja launch
    A <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of bugs are identified and no one really minds because there are droves of guys like you shouting LOL BETA at people when ever they dare voice an opinion.

Whether you can admit it or not this is the real launch.
    Beta? LOL LAUNCH!!111!!!

Or we can just accept is as open beta, as the developers tell us the game is still in a beta state. You want a stable game with few bugs? Come back when the developers tell you the game is in a released state, instead of beta.

Makes sense to me.
  • Options
    zideezidee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    again im asking when is the servers coming up ?
    How about reading the original post, god ****.
  • Options
    belaam75belaam75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the updates, but might I suggest that this thread would fit better in the "News and Announcements" or even "Patch Notes" rather than "General Discussion"?
  • Options
    faidranfaidran Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch server is UP
  • Options
    waruwaywaruway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Omg i wanna play :'(
  • Options
    swan76swan76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All these timezones, so confusing especially if you are from EU, kinda hard to figure out what timezone says what :)

Still played a bit and for an free game i really think, it is an awesome start with this beta, even if there is whiners, hope it Works out so stuff will be nice ingame etc. asap :)

Can someone please translate times into EU timezones :P
  • Options
    rhia2050rhia2050 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stev69 wrote: »
    White knighting is just as irritating and pointless as ranting.

So is trolling...
  • Options
    vandsmithvandsmith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    avalean wrote: »
    hey it is like I told my entire guild when they started the whining stuff. it is still in beta so bound to be down times, that is why as a MULTIGAMING beta testing GUILD we have alternatives, So I told them to go off and play "NO Not with themselves umm well sort of" To go play World of tanks or SWTOR as we have guilds set in both for just such instances as even established games have server down times, and especially like now in beta down times. Bound to happen folks so have a back up plan and wait it out. Any one tried that new thing called TV? OR Videos maybe? Hear it can be "Entertaining" as well, LOL.

or...gasp.....dare i say it? books!?!
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    eulog33 wrote: »
    First, this is a BETA. The fact that it is up full time is a bonus. Most Betas are going to have down time. That is the idea of a Beta, to let them find and solve issues. Some issues are going to take time to resolve.

Second NO ONE paid $19 $60 or $200 for the game. The game is free. If you paid for anything, it was for content IN the game. Whch unless I am mistaken you will still have. Now you also (depending on the package you selected) payed to get into the beta. Which you are. The only way you deserve a refund is if they let everyone play, except those that purchased the packs. If servers are down, I am SURE they are doing everything they can to fix them.

Third, are the few of you that think they are not doing everything they can because they don't care about the players on some really good drugs? Players are how they make money. No money, no job. You guys can not really be THAT naive. I know the game is free but it is a numbers game. Say out of 100 players X amount spend money. that means for every 100 players they lose they lose the revenue of X. Losing players is bad for any game.

Lastly, Yes the game has issues, yes it is not 100%. No game ever is. WOW over the last xpac has started not being awful at it, but only took them what? 7 years for that one game? Diablo had a ton of issues, so cant really say Bizzard does it better. SWToR was a joke. Bad Launch and started with WAY too many servers so when the game settled down most servers were graveyards. I would much rather have a month of waiting, followed by a long term populated game server then a smooth launch followed my months of dead servers followed by merges where I lose the name of all my toons and my guild (which I got the collectors edition for to get in early so I could get them) just to be on another server that didn't fix any of the problems.

TL:DR recap
    Its Beta - DEAL WITH IT
    It is a free game stop whining you paid for it, yu didnt you paid for in game stuff, you still have that
    Don't be dumb
    There doing a good job thanks for the effort, most of us appreciate it. No game has it perfect.

First off, stop saying this is BETA. It is not Beta by the definitions of what most people use that word for. The word has been redefined in FTP to mean launch without accountability. There is no further wipe, everyone can play, the cash shop is open and they are taking money. So to continue using that as an excuse is ridiculous.

Second, the HotN folks did pay for queue jumping and, in some cases, have not been getting it.

Third, the Queues may lose them business, but I guess it depends on what the trade off for HotN sales to avoid the queue is. Are they OK with losing hundreds of players in exchange for thousands of dollars in immediate income by forcing people who really want to play to buy the packs?

Correction, SWTOR started with not enough servers. Had awful queues but they immediately reacted and put up more servers. That's what a GOOD company does. What they did not do was react fast enough and merge when they experienced drop off.
  • Options
    avataren1avataren1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zidee wrote: »
    How about reading the original post, god ****.

try and be nice for once in your life. would do you and your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> parents a good thing.
  • Options
    rpg141rpg141 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got white screen when I start the launcher. :-(
  • Options
    faidranfaidran Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Server is unavailable at this time ......
  • Options
    technophebatechnopheba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server's are *predicted* to be back up at 7pm GMT / 6pm UTC. They've said it could be earlier or later depending on any issues they find though.
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    rhia2050 wrote: »
    So is trolling...

Nah.........
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    swan76 wrote: »
    All these timezones, so confusing especially if you are from EU, kinda hard to figure out what timezone says what :)

Still played a bit and for an free game i really think, it is an awesome start with this beta, even if there is whiners, hope it Works out so stuff will be nice ingame etc. asap :)

Can someone please translate times into EU timezones :P

GMT should be about 19:00.
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    try and be nice for once in your life. would do you and your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> parents a good thing.

Ouch... lol
  • Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server patch is updating for some say another hour and they may have it running again.
  • Options
    jankkariiijankkariii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Should I say it?
  • Options
    criptonix4criptonix4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buhuhu gmt +1 here...whos gonna save all of your sorry hero asses if i cant Play??
This discussion has been closed.