Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    fearsc2fearsc2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Things are currently progressing as planned. No change to the ETA at this time. Still planning on being online around 11am/2 hours from now. :)

Tnx for this <3 Cant wait to play more. :D
  • Options
    alias505alias505 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Things are currently progressing as planned. No change to the ETA at this time. Still planning on being online around 11am/2 hours from now. :)

I don't get servers are online or offline now?
  • Options
    whateverdicwhateverdic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I just had to post with only reading a few posts. People you payed $60 blindly on a game and think you are entitled to all this VIP treatment. Why are you acting so entitled in the first place its a ****ing Free to Play MMO so there's going to be issues with tons of people trying to get on at launch so get over yourselfs. If you want to be treated better then pay the $199.99 for that treatment that's what its there for the people that got that pack are the only ones that should be *****ing about this yet I see no one with that level of founders pack saying anything. Nothing but whiny people that payed $60 on a game they probably never even played before.

All that being said I do think opening with three servers was a Rookie move, but I am glad to see they realized and are fixing it.
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Thanks for the update Dezstravus.
  • Options
    browncoatbobbrowncoatbob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Awesome. Keep up the good work fellas!
  • Options
    girlofshadowgirlofshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know how long the probationary period is before I can make threads?
  • Options
    doneeeedoneeee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please end with the Queue login stuff! :)
  • Options
    sydirsydir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Great! Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    mackehmackeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    God I hope this sorts last night's fiasco out ..
  • Options
    mygplayermygplayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, I'm from Brazil, I do not know in relation to you guys, but I'm feeling much in game LAG, as there is for y'all? normal and will improve? Please speak to me, sometimes I do not feel Lag, more PVP, right!
  • Options
    jankkariiijankkariii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch ready to download, guys!
  • Options
    rhia2050rhia2050 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I just had to post with only reading a few posts. People you payed $60 blindly on a game and think you are entitled to all this VIP treatment. Why are you acting so entitled in the first place its a ****ing Free to Play MMO so there's going to be issues with tons of people trying to get on at launch so get over yourselfs. If you want to be treated better then pay the $199.99 for that treatment that's what its there for the people that got that pack are the only ones that should be *****ing about this yet I see no one with that level of founders pack saying anything. Nothing but whiny people that payed $60 on a game they probably never even played before.

All that being said I do think opening with three servers was a Rookie move, but I am glad to see they realized and are fixing it.

Hear it all the time, no matter whether it's a f2p game or a p2p game. Always find it's worse on a f2p game though for some reason, dunno why though. It still irks me though, but people will moan, whether it be that they can't play the game because of too many bugs or whether it's "what are you playing at taking the server down for 4 hours, call yourselves a company blah blah blah"

All I can say is, they're doing their best to get the game working correctly so we can continue to enjoy playing. GIVE THEM A BREAK! THEY'RE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN!
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    mackeh wrote: »
    God I hope this sorts last night's fiasco out ..

Come on do you know its beta still?

Whats with some people. They dont understand this is BETA. There are going to be downtime and issues. Things will break. Expect more downtime, expect more issues. If this was full launch then sure alittle angry people would be sort of expected. But even then MMO launches still ALL had issues when they when live....

I expect even when this game launches in the future there probly will be some more issues.
    BUt over all i am happy as things go right now.

As for people that actually took time off work to play. Well LOL ITS A BETA get over it.
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not here im central US
  • Options
    punkerox27punkerox27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mygplayer wrote: »
    Guys, I'm from Brazil, I do not know in relation to you guys, but I'm feeling much in game LAG, as there is for y'all? normal and will improve? Please speak to me, sometimes I do not feel Lag, more PVP, right!

iam from Brazil too... try use "/net_graph 1" to see your ping, here witch gvt 35mb i got 180-210ms.
  • Options
    weaselzaweaselza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys relax they are working hard to provide us with a awesome game , sure there are going to be ups and downs with servers as is to be expected.
    I for one think they have a winner here regardless if it still in beta ...... Furthermore i would like to say " good work thus far with regards to the game and servers " Thanks for keeping us up to date with whats happening :)
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    punkerox27 wrote: »
    iam from Brazil too... try use "/net_graph 1" to see your ping, here witch gvt 35mb i got 180-210ms.

You guys are both waiting for a game to come online when you have the option of looking at Brazilian chicks all day long? Just saying...
  • Options
    eulog33eulog33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First, this is a BETA. The fact that it is up full time is a bonus. Most Betas are going to have down time. That is the idea of a Beta, to let them find and solve issues. Some issues are going to take time to resolve.

Second NO ONE paid $19 $60 or $200 for the game. The game is free. If you paid for anything, it was for content IN the game. Which unless I am mistaken you will still have. Now you also (depending on the package you selected) payed to get into the beta. Which you are. The only way you deserve a refund is if they let everyone play, except those that purchased the packs. If servers are down, I am SURE they are doing everything they can to fix them.

Third, are the few of you that think they are not doing everything they can because they don't care about the players on some really good drugs? Players are how they make money. No money, no job. You guys can not really be THAT naive. I know the game is free but it is a numbers game. Say out of 100 players X amount spend money. that means for every 100 players they lose they lose the revenue of X. Losing players is bad for any game.

Lastly, Yes the game has issues, yes it is not 100%. No game ever is. WOW over the last xpac has started not being awful at it, but only took them what? 7 years for that one game? Diablo had a ton of issues, so cant really say Blizzard does it better. SWToR was a joke. Bad Launch and started with WAY too many servers so when the game settled down most servers were graveyards. I would much rather have a month of waiting, followed by a long term populated game server then a smooth launch followed my months of dead servers followed by merges where I lose the name of all my toons and my guild (which I got the collectors edition for to get in early so I could get them) just to be on another server that didn't fix any of the problems.

TL:DR recap
    Its Beta - DEAL WITH IT
    It is a free game stop whining you paid for it, you didn't you paid for in game stuff, you still have that
    Don't be dumb
    There doing a good job thanks for the effort, most of us appreciate it. No game has it perfect.

*Edit* One more point. Because this is a free game you are most likly going to see server maintenance at the start of the day for where the company is located. Saves on over night labor costs and is they run into issues saves on OT if it takes longer then expected.
  • Options
    avataren1avataren1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whens it coming up ? because when i open launcher it just stays white and nothing happens.
  • Options
    prowesssssprowesssss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am very impressed with how quickly bugs are being identified and addressed. A+, team!
  • Options
    girlofshadowgirlofshadow Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What server should I go on if I want High RP?
  • Options
    xadfrostxadfrost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not in a thousand years have I seen updates on what is happening during downtime. Much respect! :)
  • Options
    punkerox27punkerox27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vee42 wrote: »
    You guys are both waiting for a game to come online when you have the option of looking at Brazilian chicks all day long? Just saying...

hehe, but iam nerd.
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    rhia2050 wrote: »
    GIVE THEM A BREAK! THEY'RE DOING THE BEST THEY CAN!

White knighting is just as irritating and pointless as ranting.
  • Options
    mygplayermygplayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    punkerox27 wrote: »

where to put net_graph 1 <is something that can improve? my internet is 2 megs!
  • Options
    hipsterfizhhipsterfizh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Xadfrost the guys at S2 Games aka Heroes of Newerth are really good at telling what's going on during downtime, and i really love how these guys also keeps us up to date.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eulog33 wrote: »
    First, this is a BETA. The fact that it is up full time is a bonus. Most Betas are going to have down time. That is the idea of a Beta, to let them find and solve issues. Some issues are going to take time to resolve.

Second NO ONE paid $19 $60 or $200 for the game. The game is free. If you paid for anything, it was for content IN the game. Whch unless I am mistaken you will still have. Now you also (depending on the package you selected) payed to get into the beta. Which you are. The only way you deserve a refund is if they let everyone play, except those that purchased the packs. If servers are down, I am SURE they are doing everything they can to fix them.

Third, are the few of you that think they are not doing everything they can because they don't care about the players on some really good drugs? Players are how they make money. No money, no job. You guys can not really be THAT naive. I know the game is free but it is a numbers game. Say out of 100 players X amount spend money. that means for every 100 players they lose they lose the revenue of X. Losing players is bad for any game.

Lastly, Yes the game has issues, yes it is not 100%. No game ever is. WOW over the last xpac has started not being awful at it, but only took them what? 7 years for that one game? Diablo had a ton of issues, so cant really say Bizzard does it better. SWToR was a joke. Bad Launch and started with WAY too many servers so when the game settled down most servers were graveyards. I would much rather have a month of waiting, followed by a long term populated game server then a smooth launch followed my months of dead servers followed by merges where I lose the name of all my toons and my guild (which I got the collectors edition for to get in early so I could get them) just to be on another server that didn't fix any of the problems.

TL:DR recap
    Its Beta - DEAL WITH IT
    It is a free game stop whining you paid for it, yu didnt you paid for in game stuff, you still have that
    Don't be dumb
    There doing a good job thanks for the effort, most of us appreciate it. No game has it perfect.

The term open beta is used loosely here.
    Cash shop working perfectly and no wipes means it's essentially a soft release.

EDIT: Also wtf is up with the launcher crashing each time I click login!?
  • Options
    hampzihampzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drzeyus wrote: »
    Come on do you know its beta still?

Whats with some people. They dont understand this is BETA. There are going to be downtime and issues. Things will break. Expect more downtime, expect more issues. If this was full launch then sure alittle angry people would be sort of expected. But even then MMO launches still ALL had issues when they when live....

I expect even when this game launches in the future there probly will be some more issues.
    BUt over all i am happy as things go right now.

As for people that actually took time off work to play. Well LOL ITS A BETA get over it.

Im not saying they arent doing their jobs, cause this looks great, can't say anything about that.
    And yes, it is beta BUT it is open beta, should be pretty stable by then, but i bet the servers were overwhelmed, and you can't really prepare for that in a good way, since you just don't know how many that will play i guess.

I couldnt play last night at release, but by the looks of it today is a good day to start!

I hope the servers will be up tonight, if they arent already? Downloading the client now, im sure i will enjoy it :)!
  • Options
    iltetiltet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just write /netgraph 1 in the chat in-game

15mb here and i had 150-200 ms when i got to play
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm... D'Brickashaw Ferguson

That is all.
This discussion has been closed.