Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    ebersole wrote: »
    Says it takes 4 hours, so about 7 GMT should everything go smoothly.

Then all you gotta do is queue for two hours and Bob's yer uncle :D
  • Options
    sammsongsammsong Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fearsc2 wrote: »
    0aZZspR.jpg

Hehe, even game fools with me :D n1 Neverwinter :D

haha yesterday it showed me 16840, think it was a bug, but they are working on the queue to show correct nr
  • Options
    smg9000smg9000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the combat as a rouge with the shadow jumping and Nightcrawler-like abilities. I'm already hooked from that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When I saw the rouge in the trailer I was like. I need to be her.
  • Options
    bloddrynbloddryn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sammsong wrote: »
    haha yesterday it showed me 16840, think it was a bug, but they are working on the queue to show correct nr
    Possible. The real numbers for me got up to around 4000, but it often jumped to 72,234 (or there abouts). But when it occasionally
    refreshed, it would jump back to progressive lower numbers based on the real queue.
  • Options
    prowesssssprowesssss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

I think that you would be right 10 or so years ago... While you see 3 "servers," these are shards, whose only purpose is to divide the player base to allow for less naming-conflicts... Likely scenario is that they've got each shard hosted in a virtual environment hosted on no less than 3 ESXi hosts with a series of virtual servers clustered with HA. So, each physical machine hosts upwards of 10 virtual machines, which can handle the connections from upwards of 100 users... and to add more capacity, they need not add a new shard, simply add another ESXi host. That is likely what they're doing. I would imagine that they have an environment that consumes several cabinets, with one being filled with SANs and backup drives and the rest being filled with mostly host clusters.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alias505 wrote: »
    Conclusion. As a player who paid I think both packs and neverwinter starter pack should be all on OBT and people who have not paid even 1$ should sit back and wait for release date when it will go live.

Wouldn't really be an Open beta then would it?
    21.jpg
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smg9000 wrote: »
    When I saw the rouge in the trailer I was like. I need to be her.

I was just about to comment on that trailer, it did look <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I ended up going with Cleric though. I've been a healer and tank in every mmo that I play, and I've played many. :( FFXI was the only game that kept my attention (9 years). I've yet to find another game that keeps me interested for more than a few months, but this one have potential.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    prowesssss wrote: »
    these are shards, whose only purpose is to divide the player base to allow for less naming-conflicts....

not to nitpick or anything but this game will have NO naming conflicts because all names are unique due to your @handle
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I love D&D but I'm sure I'm going to run into problems since my favorite thing about D&D is the Roleplay as well as being a bad-*** elven rouge queen.
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look the games back up..... jk jk
  • Options
    raketen2000raketen2000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is it just me, or is every1 "connecting to the login server" ?
  • Options
    mrglad8mrglad8 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Couldn't you please install a web-camera in the server-room so that we can see exactly how hard you guys are working? :)
  • Options
    cym777cym777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smg9000 wrote: »
    I love the combat as a rouge with the shadow jumping and Nightcrawler-like abilities. I'm already hooked from that.

ahmahgahd makeup has shadow jumping? And nightcrawler abilities? What will the women wear? For a second I thought you meant rogues.... My bad.
  • Options
    hirudinaceushirudinaceus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guys is there any way to patch the game manually ? i guess that my launcher isnt updating my client...

(sorry for bad Eng)
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I personally love the game and how they interpretate the real DnD system, but what I dont get is why there is no "ranger" class or "archer". That is a big loss for the game cause DnD used to have one. But all in all the game is more than I expected even when I played the BW2. Great work guys you are the best and dont worry about the downtime and maintainse, all MMOs went thru it, and you will too :)

PS: Hope the maintainse is over soon cause I so wanna play :P
  • Options
    prowesssssprowesssss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not to nitpick or anything but this game will have NO naming conflicts because all names are unique due to your @handle

my point is that the capacity isn't limited because of the 3 shards. Those shards can likely be expanded infinitely with the technology that pw-engine employs, limited only by how much hardware they throw at it.
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can't belive this thread is only at about 381 and people have been on it for at least an hour
  • Options
    zindaliuszindalius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thx for updates.
    Zindalius` Prognosticator of Perpetual Perfunctory
  • Options
    stev69stev69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    I personally love the game and how they interpretate the real DnD system, but what I dont get is why there is no "ranger" class or "archer". That is a big loss for the game cause DnD used to have one. But all in all the game is more than I expected even when I played the BW2. Great work guys you are the best and dont worry about the downtime and maintainse, all MMOs went thru it, and you will too :)

I expect such classes will come in time.
  • Options
    arressarress Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea i agree, i was looking forward to play a ranger in NWN..online i played it in NWN and NWN2 ..to :)
    I hope they add it later , i miss that class.Maybe they removed it because of the companion system..so we dont have 2?
    I hope they fix this!! :) Want a RANGER!! DRIZZIT
  • Options
    jackdoesjackdoes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ey Boys, i have an idea for you. While you wait for the maintenance, why dont try a good game? its called "Real Life" and is F2P too...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    prowesssss wrote: »
    my point is that the capacity isn't limited because of the 3 shards. Those shards can likely be expanded infinitely with the technology that pw-engine employs, limited only by how much hardware they throw at it.

i know i was just throwin a bit of useful info in there :p
    21.jpg
  • Options
    vee42vee42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »

They'll most likely add an archer class in a future update. They don't want to give it all away upfront. :)
  • Options
    arqan24arqan24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi All!

I have a question, 11.00 AM PDT is 7PM GMT? is that correct?
    Thank you!
  • Options
    demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The graphics in that game suck.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm taking this time to write up D&D stuff and get ready for RL D&D.
  • Options
    zindaliuszindalius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

This kind of negative comment during a Beta test is erroneous,and only expresses your deep seated desire to play,but only on YOUR terms. Cryptic is working on their game,in beta testing stage,on their servers,at their expense.They owe you nothing,especially since these games are F2P. If you do shell out money to buy in game perks,thats still YOUR choice,and no one is forcing you to buy or play.Your comments sound as if you own something,and your getting ripped off.
    Zindalius` Prognosticator of Perpetual Perfunctory
  • Options
    forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackdoes wrote: »
    Ey Boys, i have an idea for you. While you wait for the maintenance, why dont try a good game? its called "Real Life" and is F2P too...
    ive spent more money in RL than all my games ive ever owned...
  • Options
    arressarress Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont like people whining to the devs and admins..:) we all need to understand..how hard is to work with code nad IT...:P
    I know trust me..You have my SUPPORT Crypitic...FLAME THE WHINING PEOPLE!!
This discussion has been closed.