• Options
    sweeteebunssweeteebuns Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's still a beta people, calm down
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    yes wow was a mess at launch. in fact they stopped selling box copies from the end of november 2004 until the end of february 2005 because they could not let in anymore customers.

this is not 2004. it's not 2005. it's 2013.

i was on proudmoore from beta until..well i'm still on proudmoore. it was up until cataclysm the 2nd most populous US server. i was in the top horde raiding guild for vanilla and bc and we played during the servers prime time. the queue was at most 10 minutes.

this is 8 years later. server tech has advanced. maintenance costs have lowered and its unlikely this game has the 2 million people knocking on it's door during launch that prompted blizzard to stop shipping retail boxes for 3 months. stop making excuses for this company. a 10-20 minute queue is acceptable. an hour+ queue is not.

Which company will spend alot of money to upgrade their servers before finding out if there is an interest in their game? This is still a beta, they are probably collecting data to be used to determine the next course of action. Also, that is complete bull**** of your server only having a 10 minute wait especially a expansion release; unless of course your server had low population in the beginning which I doubt. This just tells that you just speaking out of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    sheikertssheikerts Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go clean your room boys and girls you have 2 hours to do it :)
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes wow was a mess at launch. in fact they stopped selling box copies from the end of november 2004 until the end of february 2005 because they could not let in anymore customers.

I don't know who told you this but that's not true. That doesn't even make sense. World of Warcraft's launch day had massive queues but they were prepared and launched 16 new servers before the end of the day. The amount of money Activision had before WoW even came out was way more than enough to develop the game, let alone support as many players as possible with as many servers as needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    I don't know who told you this but that's not true. That doesn't even make sense. World of Warcraft's launch day had massive queues but they were prepared and launched 16 new servers before the end of the day. The amount of money Activision had before WoW even came out was way more than enough to develop the game, let alone support as many players as possible with as many servers as needed.

Yeah, because Activision was very involved in WoW's launch, right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rivonia wrote: »
    Wow player since BC. Yes, it certainly had its moments as well.
    However, the queues there largely depended upon which server you chose to play on.
    And... if it was unbearably long for your particular server, you could always find a low pop server on which to play for awhile until things calmed down.
    On my realms though, the longest queue I ever experienced was 2 hours when WOTLK released.
    While that queue was in progress, I was able to log my second account in to a low pop server and at least start leveling up an alt.
    With Neverwinter, I have not been able to get into the game in any way whatsoever.
    I keep seeing folks say if we bought the $60 founder's pack we got early access and all, so don't whine... but that is not the case for all of us. I had only yesterday made this purchase, after having a friend speak very highly of the game.
    Sure, I expected a queue, and server instability, lag, etc. It's not my first MMO. Release days and patch days are often less than optimal.
    What we have here is a complete failure to properly assess the resources required for a release, imo.
    I'll give it the rest of the week before writing it off, but if I'm not even able to get in the game to play, at all... what am I supposed to think?

If you are WoW player since BC than you should have a better understanding and more patience. This is a new MMO and this is still a BETA, if people paid for the founders pack than they have to suck it up cause it did come with digital items. You did not pay to be infront of the queue, they did not say this anywhere or make promises. I have tested numerous MMOs over the past decade and more. This is was expected.
  • Options
    sausainis007sausainis007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    need 2 new server for waiting list
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which company will spend alot of money to upgrade their servers before finding out if there is an interest in their game? This is still a beta, they are probably collecting data to be used to determine the next course of action. Also, that is complete bull**** of your server only having a 10 minute wait especially a expansion release; unless of course your server had low population in the beginning which I doubt. This just tells that you just speaking out of your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

i'm sorry but i was sitting in no queue at all for cataclysm midnight release. do you know why? because blizzard learned from passed mistakes. that release was just as big as wrath of the lich king. the gamestop line was just as long for boxed copies. but there was no queue except for 2 or 3 servers out of several dozen. this game has one server and it's at the same data center as sto and co which is why i'm able to chat with my fleetmates while in this game.

don't call this a beta. it's no more of a beta than path of exile currently is. it's a soft launch, not an actual beta. beta appears to be the new term applied to f2p games as an excuse to cover up the fact that the stockholders or company execs are unwilling to wait any longer before opening up the game to microtransaction revenue.
  • Options
    mindrahnmindrahn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not a founder myself (YET! Thought I'd try the game before deciding), and I do have to say that I totally agree that people who payed to play should jump infront in the queue.. It's just fair. Weird system indeed.
    My queue keeps jumping from about 4k to 100k and then back to 4k again.. lol. Oh well, at least I got some time to read up on the game while waiting :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    Screw you frealoader,
    i'm a founder,
    I pay to play this game so losers like you can play it for free,
    and yes I know i'm not entitled to jump ahead of the queue, but those who payed and still pay should have that privalge.

I am founder too and I waited in queue, but unlike you I have a better understanding how things work as I have tested quite a few MMOs.
  • Options
    subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    if people paid for the founders pack than they have to suck it up cause it did come with digital items. You did not pay to be infront of the queue, they did not say this anywhere or make promises.

I believe you need to go look at what the $200 founders pack included. Yes it did say You Get Priority when there is a QUE meaning you do move to the front of the line. For someone who has tested several games you don't read a lot. You sound like one of those WoW Kiddies that complained at every patch because they didn't read the Patch notes that had been up for weeks.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »

blizzard was owned by vivendi. they merged with activision in 2008 just before wrath launched.
  • Options
    fernteixefernteixe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any way...anything with "D&D" in the name will have people to play... they should know it... -_-
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i'm sorry but i was sitting in no queue at all for cataclysm midnight release. do you know why? because blizzard learned from passed mistakes. that release was just as big as wrath of the lich king. the gamestop line was just as long for boxed copies. but there was no queue except for 2 or 3 servers out of several dozen. this game has one server and it's at the same data center as sto and co which is why i'm able to chat with my fleetmates while in this game.

don't call this a beta. it's no more of a beta than path of exile currently is. it's a soft launch, not an actual beta. beta appears to be the new term applied to f2p games as an excuse to cover up the fact that the stockholders or company execs are unwilling to wait any longer before opening up the game to microtransaction revenue.

I played Cata and I had toons on 3 servers and all three had massive queues, so as I said the server you were on was prob a low pop server for you not to wait.
  • Options
    demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holy christ dude... yea I really think they basically shut off server cap. 3 and a half hours... they have an odd definition of the word "short" don't they.
  • Options
    proteanizzyproteanizzy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too funny. You haven't figured it out yet? Think about it logically. The first number is where you are in line, to get into the game. The second number is not that; it's likely how many folks this has occured to and if it says 138,492, you are the 138,492'd person this has happened to. That would explain why the second number continues to get bigger and bigger. Good grief.
    Secondly, shame on you Perfect World, for being totally unprepared for how many people to expect. You should have been Johnny On The Spot, with servers ready, not playing catch up.
    I realize I only paid the 60.00 fee, but seriously, that isn't enough to honor that payment by not making us wait in line?
    My bad. Had I realized this and read the small print, you'd not have seen that payment.
    I'd be in line with all the folks who didn't pay you.
    Beta was lovely. Few bugs and game playing very nice.
    This is a serious lack of customer service. I'm disputing the 60.00 charge to my credit card company.
    Unplayable yesterday, cannot get in. Services paid for and not received as promised.
  • Options
    gooserodgooserod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardians get screwed? That such bull****. 60$ for a free game is asking alot to begin with.
  • Options
    geequeuegeequeue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    egoboosted wrote: »
    That's fine....alienate the other users that still backed you and paid $60. I understand and will definitely NOT be giving you any more money after today. Thank you!

Everyone else...speak with your wallet.

Hope you can fund the game with JUST the HOTN users.

Completely agree...it should be the F2P mooches who are stuck in the queue entirely. We paid you and tested your game for 4 Beta Weekends and now we are locked out of the game so that people who haven't paid you anything can play. Cryptic, don't you realize that the people who have already spent money are probably the people who will keep spending money? You might want those people playing your game instead of the people who have proven they have no interest in spending anything...It's nonsense that the Guardians don't also get queue priority.
  • Options
    beckendbeckend Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Muahahaha a nice start! :D

Guess we will be able to play only next week. Launcher css is broken or static server is down.
  • Options
    malcormalcor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, went from 6k queue position to 187k position to 5500to 185k all within the course of a couple of minutes. That explains everything. Someone obviously does not know how to count. Oh,btw, cueing people won't make them buy founders packs. It will make them reluctant to buy anything ever though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I believe you need to go look at what the $200 founders pack included. Yes it did say You Get Priority when there is a QUE meaning you do move to the front of the line. For someone who has tested several games you don't read a lot. You sound like one of those WoW Kiddies that complained at every patch because they didn't read the Patch notes that had been up for weeks.

What the hell are you talking about, the Hero founders pack is the only one that skips infront of the queue and I have not heard anyone with that pack complaining here. The only ones complaining are the rest. Also, even with Hero pack those players are competing with other Hero founders to for que space. You do understand this right???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    What's with the non-HOTN founders whining around? Didn't you actually READ what you paid for before making the purchase?
  • Options
    beckendbeckend Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems queue is fixed. Waiting... :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gooserod wrote: »
    Guardians get screwed? That such bull****. 60$ for a free game is asking alot to begin with.

You paid for the items not queue privelages.
  • Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    What the hell are you talking about, the Hero founders pack is the only one that skips infront of the queue and I have not heard anyone with that pack complaining here. The only ones complaining are the rest. Also, even with Hero pack those players are competing with other Hero founders to for que space. You do understand this right???

You think there are thousands of HOTN players? of course not moron!
    You think that people who support the game with money should have to wait? i mean come on dude, why should they be at the last of the queue like the free players who didn't want to support the game at all?

It's just common human sense to allow somesort of queue jump, regardless.

If someone paid $60 or $200, why should they be sitting at #97k whilst the free guy sits at #4?
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyway, I got in now. Total waiting time amounted to just short of an hour. Annoying, yes, but it could really be worse.
  • Options
    fernteixefernteixe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played ragnarok beta... dragon nest beta, age of wushu beta, 2moons, 9dragons, vindictus, planetside..... to make it short and almost all mmo since 2003 I'm doing beta test.... I saw few games with this kind of slow queue... tibia? ultima online? only really old games had this kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    geequeuegeequeue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ....and I just went from 4381 to 183642 to 2278. What kind of queue is this?
  • Options
    kingofchinkingofchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    this is madness i paid for my guardion pack to play early and now i cant even play wtf and now i got work so i will miss being able to pray for my c-coins so thats 4 days wasted for me :( ty perfectworld
  • Options
    malcormalcor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geequeue wrote: »
    Completely agree...it should be the F2P mooches who are stuck in the queue entirely. We paid you and tested your game for 4 Beta Weekends and now we are locked out of the game so that people who haven't paid you anything can play. Cryptic, don't you realize that the people who have already spent money are probably the people who will keep spending money? You might want those people playing your game instead of the people who have proven they have no interest in spending anything...It's nonsense that the Guardians don't also get queue priority.

Sounds good, I am sure you can keep those servers full too since there are only 3 of them. Lmao! Paying money before a game is even released does not mean you are going to be the only one who buys <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It only means you have more money than brains.
This discussion has been closed.