Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    xorinxorin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guraleski wrote: »
    I was 8k and instead queue fall down, it rise up. So... where the hell is this short queue ?!

6k and slowing!
  • Options
    studlyamistudlyami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kenering wrote: »
    Don't know about rage, but after smooth early-access it seems a bit..overcrowded. So it looks like 60$ was paid for 3 days without queue. So, I'll rofl a little about it and go to PoE until they fix\whatsoever it.

I just start the queue then go to poe wait for queue to finish, finish my map then play. I've played a lot of online games on release day or first day of open beta and its the same every time. I don't know why people get so mad. Get use to it, for the first 1-2 weeks this will be an issue. if its still there, then flame and rage.
  • Options
    xespxlltheshadowxespxlltheshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine was 30k last night and 9k now. I'm not gonna whine about it because it's still Beta, I just hope this doesn't happen at launch.
  • Options
    mcscribbledmcscribbled Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dell44 wrote: »
    What about Guardians?

I think its ridiculous that you had to pay $200 to get VIP access and the people who paid $60 get nothing when trying to log on! I mean we should be able to get on before the people who haven't paid anything for the game.
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was 8k and instead queue fall down, it rise up. So... where the hell is this short queue ?!

Have you read the original post and all it's updates? Do you need display issue defined to you? Have you read the latest patch notes? Have you read the post about server maintenance and what all it's addressing?
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    metalios wrote: »
    I agree what about us? Shouldn't we get priority queuing after the Heroes of the North??

I think they should do SOMETHING for GoN's.... throw y'all a bone somehow, take the sting out of queueing...

Do i think they will? Probably not. It wasn't something they told you you'd get, so they are under no obligation to do so.

I hope they do, though. Seriously.
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    queue at 12k atm
  • Options
    nagash89nagash89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To everyone saying things like "Oh that's OK if the login que works like ****, and the server itself is nowhere near the capacity it should be because it's open beta and that's the best time for them to test things like that".

If this was a proper open beta where PWE wants to test the server and all those things, they should have never sold those packages with "early acces to the game". If you are selling something like that you are implying the game will work properly and you will be able to play it whenever you please.

If you want to do stress tests on the server, see how it works, etc. You do your open beta and AFTER that, you give the contributors early acces to the actual game, not to some crappy working beta with endless ques and a server that should be much bigger (or rather than that, they should put more servers).

So basically, the game is still a beta and it doesn't work properly and that's OK because... OH it's a beta. But it's also OK to be selling early acces packages and zen. Well that's not OK, first you test your game, then you charge people money for whatever the hell they wanna buy.

P.S. Sorry about my poor english.
  • Options
    mistysummermistysummer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I found him on YouTube....and of course he is complaining there as well......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ0UcSDkhfw

lmao.. Love it. +1
    Showscreation.png

"Blindness is a private matter between a person and the eyes they choose to use. For there are none so blind as those that do not listen dalharil"
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    xorin wrote: »
    6k and slowing!

You DO know they're bringing the servers down in about 80min to apply an emergency patch that includes queue issue fixes/enhancements, right? It's unlikely you'll get in before the maintenance....
    +
  • Options
    aggropotatoaggropotato Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't help that it's the May Day holiday and lots of players are hammering the server on their day off. Soon the Americans will be waking up and it's their turn to pound the poor servers.
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • Options
    subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    nagash89 wrote: »
    To everyone saying things like "Oh that's OK if the login que works like ****, and the server itself is nowhere near the capacity it should be because it's open beta and that's the best time for them to test things like that".

If this was a proper open beta where PWE wants to test the server and all those things, they should have never sold those packages with "early acces to the game". If you are selling something like that you are implying the game will work properly and you will be able to play it whenever you please.

If you want to do stress tests on the server, see how it works, etc. You do your open beta and AFTER that, you give the contributors early acces to the actual game, not to some crappy working beta with endless ques and a server that should be much bigger (or rather than that, they should put more servers).

So basically, the game is still a beta and it doesn't work properly and that's OK because... OH it's a beta. But it's also OK to be selling early acces packages and zen. Well that's not OK, first you test your game, then you charge people money for whatever the hell they wanna buy.

Nice theory. But as stated before the problem here is that in the world of F2P games there isn't a transition from Open Beta to actual launch. So with this in mind, open beta is technically launch. So how would they get early access to something that went live in Open Beta?
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess I didn't pay for the convenience of actually being able to play the game.

My bad.
  • Options
    studlyamistudlyami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amalynda wrote: »
    I think they should do SOMETHING for GoN's.... throw y'all a bone somehow, take the sting out of queueing...

Do i think they will? Probably not. It wasn't something they told you you'd get, so they are under no obligation to do so.

I hope they do, though. Seriously.

then they would lose all their f2p people like me, who play a f2p game at first and if i enjoy it buy in game stuff like costumes or visualization items. Just because people who are not guardians doesn't mean we aren't going to spend single penny on this game. Sure some won't, but a lot probably will if they like the game. If they don't, they won't be in the queue anymore anyways. Someone said earlier about a week long priority access for the guardians, i wouldn't be upset to see that. As it is now if all guardians got priority access though, i don't think many f2p people could ever get in. It will be interesting to see it in a week and how the queues and servers are running.
  • Options
    notlobnai1974notlobnai1974 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else keep getting disconnected from the Queue! I dont really mind waiting.....it is Beta....but!!!!!!!!

Having to login again.....and start at the back of the Queue....4th time now is really rather........vexing..... ><
  • Options
    subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    I guess I didn't pay for the convenience of actually being able to play the game.

My bad.

Nope you paid for the convenience of playing in the Closed Betas and then 4 days before everyone else.....and lining the dev's pockets.
  • Options
    helosie1helosie1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I enjoy how mmo's love to hide behind the "Open beta" title.
    Personally, when you open a game to the public and already have a working in-game shop and are making money off of it, It stops being a beta. It's more around "HURRY UP AND PUSH THE GAME, WE DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT FINISHED! WE NEEDS OUR MONIEZ! Just slap open beta on it and we're good."
  • Options
    missouriguymissouriguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a concept.... HOW BOUT NO QUEUE like a normal game
    There was no queue when PWI launched
    There was no queue when Forsakenworld launched
    You advertise a game that takes forever to download then patch
    just to find out your in a queue of 188,456 hmmmmmm
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nagash89 wrote: »

Actually founders did not buy the game as the game is free anyway, what they did buy was items to be used in the game. The only ones that do have advantage is HOTN founders as it state they will get queue privelage. I bought the Guardian pack and I am quite happy with the items. I am in queue now myself sitting at 7k. Also, the early access was 25th for HOTN and 27th for Guardians.
  • Options
    guraleskiguraleski Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i thought i will play at night and will not be queue but i forgot about Americans...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i thought i will play at night and will not be queue but i forgot about Americans...

Yep, welcome to the 24-hour world :)
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really laughed out loud when i read op the part where it says 'you will experience a SHORT queue while starting Neverwinter'. Nicely played. lol

If this is what you consider short queue i really don't want to know what you consider a long queue..Really!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Looking on the bright side, this should give the devs some time to sort out issues before the servers REALLY get smashed, over the coming weekend.
    JtuEMvw.jpg
  • Options
    akyrasraygakyrasrayg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think i may end up trying to get the HOTN pack just so i can get queue priority for future lol ... but other than i dont mind waiting in queue to jump on and play for a little while .. i just go do something else and check my place in line every so often ^^

Happy customer here ^_^
    *Raises her eyebrow and stares at you as you read her signature*
    You don't just Rush through a dungeon!! You enjoy the complexities brought to it and transport yourself there.
  • Options
    mongofiremongofire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well its the second day of queue and I go from 162 to 110165 ....... then back to 864 I hope they figure on more servers. lol just looked 11063 to 437. mayeb I will get in after waiting the next hour. Glad I am free today might take half just to get in.
  • Options
    wynbjornwynbjorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been in queue for 3 hours, and soon its maintenance again. I very much regret putting in the 60$ right now.
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The issue isn't the shards. The Shards aren't anywhere near full.

The issue is the Login System which is getting some hefty tweaks in the next patch.
    The queue time is from the queue system itself.

are people even reading this??
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's not the full issue.... it's 9am Eastern US right now, and the queue is telling me 13k. You'd think a decent chunk of US people should be at work or school. Or getting ready for it (6am pacific).
  • Options
    sugram84sugram84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    helosie1 wrote: »
    I love how mmo's love to hide behind the "Open beta" title.
    Personally, when you open a game to the public and already have a working in-game shop and are making money off of it, It stops being a beta. It's more around "HURRY UP AND PUSH THE GAME, WE DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT FINISHED! WE NEEDS OUR MONIEZ! Just slap open beta on it and we're good."

+10 to that, so true LOL
  • Options
    stormbullstormbull Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone tell me a typical wait time for these queues?
This discussion has been closed.