test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    maschinentraummaschinentraum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue as part of their exclusive."

Lesson learned: never ever buy a founders pack for a f2p game again EXCEPT I'm willing to pay a super high price and ESPECIALLY NOT when it's from Perfectworld/Cryptic.

Buying Guardian package I feel cheated. Headstart was the initial fix and you can't get your stuff now because well.. I was a cheapskate and have to wait with all the non paying tryouters now. I was thinking about buying some Zen. Well, guess what I will do.

P.S.: I know, nobody official will read this, still thank you for this opportunity to channel my rage towards you.
  • Options
    epmd2epmd2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure why people are complaining. This seems very typical of the dev process. I hopped in queue around 5500. The queue will jump occasionally to 86000 but then go back to normal.

BS! One thing is to endure the pain, the other is to see how the number 740 transforms into 143202 and this happens like 4 times every time you go below the 1000k!

NEXT Time : Start a KICKSTARTER! just for the Open Beta...
    thevlaka wrote: »
    See the thing is it's not a launch, it's an 'Open Beta'.
    Big difference.

Open Beta is like a final Stress Test/Bughunt open for the public! You fail here, you fail during the launch (as+suming they plan on keeping the 3 shards only)
  • Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eliason wrote: »
    It's just another launch. People want to be able to play when they get home from work, like myself, and not having to queue for over a goddamned hour just to get into a game.. This shouldn't even happen.
    Have you learned nothing from all the previous game launches?

oh, have YOU learned nothing from all the previous game launches? :P
  • Options
    olszanolszan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amazing... i pay hard money for that game and i can't log in ..... GJ Perfect World ;|
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing the use of queue is a way to test capacity to find the lag choke points.
  • Options
    lexianmichaellexianmichael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now i understand Devs dont want to buy 10000 servers to support launch and then drop to a mere 1k a day and have all that waisted space, but 7 or 8k long ques, even at 12 am mid night pst, is a ludacris.
  • Options
    maschinentraummaschinentraum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dryballz wrote: »
    lol $60.00 and another $40 in zen so far and havent been able to play since it went open beta. Whats wrong with this picture?

spot the error.
  • Options
    savoreksavorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    Ok I PAID for a Guardian pack giving me VIP log-in SO.....Why am I in a frigging Queue 1782 ????????

Think we need something sorted here and some comp if this continues.....

Well..guardian pack gave you a VIP 3 day early entry to beta...it however does NOT give you front of the line access like the 200$ pack. You got what you paid for mate.

Yes, the Queue's suck serious taint...but we were all forwarned that this could/would happen. For all of those folks who werent here for any of the beta...well...this is definatly OPEN BETA. Not all classes are in, toons were all just wiped...So while im sorry that a bunch of fools out there paid for the guardian pack and now think they are an entitled bunch of folks...but ya KNOW what ya paid for...you paid for the items and NOW you are just wishing that it had more in it than it did. It DOESNT. Get over it or upgrade.

You folks who paid are no better than the rest of the people tryin to log in cause im sure there are a TON of folks who paid for zen by the truckload but did NOT buy a 200/60$ pack..they paid money too right? So for all you people *****in and complainin that YOU PAID MONEY and that means ya should get in immediatly...well...you paid money for items in a free to play game that isnt even out of beta yet...you deserve any stupidity that falls upon your head...congratulations, you paid for beta.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epmd2 wrote: »
    BS! One thing is to endure the pain, the other is to see how the number 740 transforms into 143202 and this happens like 4 times every time you go below the 1000k!

NEXT Time : Start a KICKSTARTER! just for the Open Beta...
    Get over it. The big number isn't real queue position. It probably represent full capacity of shard. From the other posts looks like I chose the right shard.
  • Options
    citizen441citizen441 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you should extend the queue jump to those that paid $60 as well seeing as how your paying customers are being crowded out by non-paying customers. The non-payers will probably not buy zen or anything else, just looking for that next free game they can play to lv20 get tired of and leave and in the end your paying customers will have gotten tired of not playing a game they paid for and also leave.

If you're afraid of pissing off your $200 customers maybe the queue jump could be not to the front of the line but maybe to within 25% of the front. Hook us up with something that matters at least, we helped fund your game before we could even get in it.
  • Options
    ohrobinvanpersieohrobinvanpersie Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something's really wrong when there's a sizeable queue at 6AM EST. That's more than just a launch rush, that's a server shortage. Also, changing characters puts you in the queue, which is just ridiculous. On top of this, you can't even change servers without first sitting through the queue of whichever one you chose first. People who picked Dragon and are willing to move can't even do so.
  • Options
    frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    citizen441 wrote: »
    Maybe you should extend the queue jump to those that paid $60 as well seeing as how your paying customers are being crowded out by non-paying customers. The non-payers will probably not buy zen or anything else, just looking for that next free game they can play to lv20 get tired of and leave and in the end your paying customers will have gotten tired of not playing a game they paid for and also leave.

If you're afraid of pissing off your $200 customers maybe the queue jump could be not to the front of the line but maybe to within 25% of the front. Hook us up with something that matters at least, we helped fund your game before we could even get in it.

I spent more than $60 in zen, so do I get to go ahead of the Guardian pack customers ???

just fair right.

IJS
  • Options
    epmd2epmd2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    --again an incomplete Post-- Quick Reply does not work at all... ...

26h later : i finally can enter the game.
  • Options
    maroogmaroog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kurwahl.png WHAT THE **** IS THIS?? I QUIT THIS ****ED UP GAME BEFORE I EVEN START IT!! PWE THATS SAYS ANYTHING >.<
  • Options
    az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I am surprised that a 2013 game is still having a queueing system! even early in the morning it's a 6k+ one who is not moving down fast. Oh and for citizen, it's not because some players don't care about what was offered in the 60$ pack that they won't buy what they want in the store! Don't be hasty to judge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raize76raize76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think people seem to be missing the point that this in BETA. I do believe that people that spent money on the $60 probably do warrant skipping ahead in the queue but really the point should be address the queue situation anyway.
  • Options
    citybuildercitybuilder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3:30 AM PST - Queue: 8950
    3:30 AM with that large of a queue, tells me there is something wrong somewhere, i.e. not enough servers that there really should be.

I want to play your game, I want to buy your cash shop stuff if it's fun stuff, I don't / won't sit in a queue of 9,000 people.

Sorry, I hope that your game does well and maybe I'll check back in a few weeks/months to see how it's going, but I'll NEVER sit in a 9,000 person queue, that's just crazy stupid.
  • Options
    savoreksavorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    beliaf wrote: »
    They was saying something about queue on Hero Pack? No. So go back to your game and leave Guardians alone.

This is from the HoTN pack REWARD DESCRIPTION.

VIP Game Access

When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)

So yes, its listed as a reward for the 200$ pack

it is NOT however on the Guardians pack. YOU GOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR.
  • Options
    helosie1helosie1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I still find it hilarious that people gave them 200 dollars for this game.
  • Options
    nightynenightyne Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With so many other options out there get it right or you lose !
    Waiting all day to download then finally install and end up in a queue for an hour ?
    No thanks .... goodbye !
  • Options
    citybuildercitybuilder Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's obvious there is something wrong with the queue system.

I was at about 8950 in the queue, came to post the message up above, went back into the game and now theres a queue of 132202

There's obviously a problem with the system, it doesn't jump by 123,000 people that have the founders pack in a matter of minutes.

So I guess you'll need to fix it.

Checked it again, now it says, 7450

It's obviously broken.
  • Options
    hamblygavhamblygav Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    makes me wonder what they spend all your money on
  • Options
    billix45billix45 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter. This is because we are close to capacity as Neverwinter fans rush to log in and begin their adventure. However, Neverwinter Heroes of the North will jump to the front of the queue as part of their exclusive. Thanks for your patience!

Update 1: We
  • Options
    rekumrekum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't get why everyone is hating on PWE and Cryptic so hard. It's open beta, sit back enjoy the game, if you don't want to wait for a queue go play something else, just means less people in front of those of us that are willing to wait it out, and understand what a BETA test is.
  • Options
    hamblygavhamblygav Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what i was at 500 in queue so u saying 125k of founders just jumped ahead of me in a few seconds it took to press my windows key???
  • Options
    helosie1helosie1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue's wonky yo. Check back in later when they patch. For now, go sleep or something.
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait 40 minutes in que. Got from spot 7000 to spot 169000. GG awesome coding / que system Cryptic... welp
  • Options
    realmboomrealmboom Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    w8ted about 15min and got position 4000 and when i next time looked i was in position 13384... Thats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    deronius2deronius2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! Jumping from 6k to 16k over and over again is not fun. Perhaps the devs need to be reminded what a queue is.
    In computer science, a queue (pron.: /ˈkjuː/ kew) is a particular kind of abstract data type or collection in which the entities in the collection are kept in order and the principal (or only) operations on the collection are the addition of entities to the rear terminal position, known as enqueue, and removal of entities from the front terminal position, known as dequeue. This makes the queue a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) data structure. In a FIFO data structure, the first element added to the queue will be the first one to be removed. This is equivalent to the requirement that once a new element is added, all elements that were added before have to be removed before the new element can be removed. Often a peek or front operation is also implemented, returning the value of the front element without dequeuing it. A queue is an example of a linear data structure, or more abstractly a sequential collection.
  • Options
    stormiedstormied Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm

Position in queue 171,768 - you have to be kidding right?
This discussion has been closed.