test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    kerilthkerilth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To be fair if you are going to give preferential treatment to the hero's it seems insane to not do so for the guardian's. That being said I did not buy the guardian pack so that I could say that I am better than those that play for free and push my way to the front of the line. I bought it to support a company with a game I was excited about and had no interest in being a drizzt lookalike (he's not even a damned dervish!) with a goofy spider mount. Considering the amount of money that was already put into this game by the playerbase I will admit I had hoped for something a bit less... obnoxious... during the release (especially since I enjoy alts). All we can do is hope they get this fixed tomorrow and perhaps hope for queues to disappear completely. While I do believe that Guardian's should hop in front just behind the hero's I am no stranger to queue times.
  • Options
    subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I Think we can call this a stress test :D
  • Options
    archem22archem22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Same here, I was actually planning on buying some Zen today for an outfit or two, but after this, I'm not dropping another penny.

I might not even play anymore honestly, since I'm still sitting here in queue jumping from postion 1,500 to 4,700.

Well frankly, this game and every other game doesn't need people like you. You don't understand what a beta is, you don't grasp that things go wrong, you just whine, cry, throw a fit, and leave. So don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Options
    truebornstigastruebornstigas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm chuckling at all the free to plays and $200 subs attacking the $60 people with such quotes as "stop whining" "you got what you paid for" etc etc.

Still, we $60 folks, rightly or wrongly, do not get priority access like the $200 people, and are lumped in line while people who paid nothing are playing.

Fine, its in the terms.

Apparently we paid $60 for a wolf, some diamonds, and a few days beta access.

I didnt pay $200, i could, its not a problem for me to do so, but i didnt simply because i couldnt see the value in it.

I saw that as a bit of a scam in my opinion, the perks are not over 3x the value of the $60 pack to justify it.

But whatever, we got what we paid for which didnt include VIP.

Fair enough.

Soon enough we will ALL be able to log in quickly once they sort the servers.

So we'll all be on equal terms for log in, free, 60, and 200.

But when they start charging for access to new quests and content.....(oohhh you know its coming lol)

Then its time for the free players to become "suckers" or "shut the ...... up" as they say to us.

Its also time for the $200 who are railing us saying we should have "parted with the extra" to realize that they paid $200 for a spider and a drow perk that will be swamped once its released in the store (you dont think they are going to miss out on that cash cow do you?" lol

So my fellow $60 subs, we got what we paid for, but i have a sneaky feeling we may just have the last laugh.

You paid $60 to the cash shop and your cash shop package didn't include a queue-hop. The $200 cash shop package included a queue-hop.

Not really sure how you can dress it any differently... You paid $60 for the items in your package and will receive those items when you are able to log in. You're still ahead of the "freeloaders" as you have the items included in your package and they do not have them.

Don't like it?

$200 please.
  • Options
    nightlordvnightlordv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a bit shocked there is only 3 servers? No wonder there is massive wait times.
  • Options
    gojinryonggojinryong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wow if I knew about this que thing I wouldnt have dropped 60 bucks glad I used paypal and can just do a charge back
  • Options
    karmicooziekarmicoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mcspazz wrote: »
    Only 34k, mine went as high as 99k and I kept thinking I was actually getting pushed back in the queue, so I kept rejoining.... I feel so stupid sometimes.

OP Said, "Update 1: We’re aware of issues related to queues and are investigating. The abnormally high and fluctuating numbers are a display issue, and we’re working on a fix. We’ll update you with an ETA for the fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!"

The fluctuation doesn't affect the queue position.

Just sayin'.
  • Options
    ckm0ckm0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is understandable that the game just enters Open Beta and have problems to enter because of the high population. But it is frustrating to pay for something that can not be used.
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    Huuuummmmmmm que Well i guess i shouldnt of logged off earlier

now i am at 47498 lol
  • Options
    blkcatsaywhatblkcatsaywhat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I paid $200 and I'm still sitting here trying to get in, same as everyone else.

#hatersbehatin
  • Options
    feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    inati83 wrote: »
    I knew that I wouldn't get the vip access but the fact remains its still bs I couldn't afford to drop 200 dollars (not cause im poor but wife is pregnant so gotta put the new baby first) but I still gave them 60 dollars and my access to the game is the same as a free user? all other ftp games I know of give priority access to anyone who spent money with them over free users this is the first game I have ever played where paying customers get stuck with free users. im just saying at least give us 2nd priority over HOTN founders and make starter pack purchasers 3rd and then free users get last.
    That'd certainly be the logical way to do things... especially with them pushin' similar packs for their STO expansion coming up in a month. This debacle has made me laugh and walk away from those packs in a half-heartbeat.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • Options
    subjagationsubjagation Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    Here we go again. Reading forums.....tabbed back over.....15 in line.....tabbed back out to finish reading what I was reading...Tabbed back in expecting to be in game......54k in line again.....SERIOUSLY
  • Options
    zaymotzaymot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I paid 60 bucks but I totally expected a queue on 'release' day. So, anyone know if the queue starts over if you swap to an alt?

The answer is a terrifying, YES!!! If you log in, wait the hour + for the queue and then get in, just to want to change toons, you have to start the entire process over.
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm chuckling at all the free to plays and $200 subs attacking the $60 people with such quotes as "stop whining" "you got what you paid for" etc etc.

Still, we $60 folks, rightly or wrongly, do not get priority access like the $200 people, and are lumped in line while people who paid nothing are playing.

Fine, its in the terms.

Apparently we paid $60 for a wolf, some diamonds, and a few days beta access.

I didnt pay $200, i could, its not a problem for me to do so, but i didnt simply because i couldnt see the value in it.

I saw that as a bit of a scam in my opinion, the perks are not over 3x the value of the $60 pack to justify it.

But whatever, we got what we paid for which didnt include VIP.

Fair enough.

Soon enough we will ALL be able to log in quickly once they sort the servers.

So we'll all be on equal terms for log in, free, 60, and 200.

But when they start charging for access to new quests and content.....(oohhh you know its coming lol)

Then its time for the free players to become "suckers" or "shut the ...... up" as they say to us.

Its also time for the $200 who are railing us saying we should have "parted with the extra" to realize that they paid $200 for a spider and a drow perk that will be swamped once its released in the store (you dont think they are going to miss out on that cash cow do you?" lol

So my fellow $60 subs, we got what we paid for, but i have a sneaky feeling we may just have the last laugh.

I am with you on that post. But, It is irritating because I only play for a short time every night. It is still just beta and I am really out nothing by waiting another day or two to sort things out.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • Options
    alabastermalabasterm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been sitting in the queue for over 2 hours, went from 4,000 to 25,000, now after 2 hours I'm at 35,000.....I was considering buying the founder, but if this is any indication of the service, I'm not going to spend my money. I totally understand as a free player I have to wait, but it seems like the game is just bugged because even paying customers can't get in. I've played a lot of betas and never had to wait over 2 hours to play....oh well. You guys won't get my money unless this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gets fixed fast. And personally, if I was to spend money to play and had to wait more than a few minutes, I would want my money back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is the Queue "Temporary", or will it be here always?

Are we gonna have to wait to log in like this even after Beta ends, or is it just a temporary thing? I hope its temporary, cuz I'm not looking forward to waiting to play...
  • Options
    blkcatsaywhatblkcatsaywhat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, its temporary.
  • Options
    darksalvadorzdarksalvadorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL from a guardian founder
    Enter que and see 8786th position. decide to minimize window and go on GW2. After 25 min look back and see 6343 position. ok its moving, ill look in 35 more min. come back to see booted for inactivity! AHAHA
  • Options
    karmicooziekarmicoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »

Are we gonna have to wait to log in like this even after Beta ends, or is it just a temporary thing? I hope its temporary, cuz I'm not looking forward to waiting to play...

Temporary. Almost EVERY MMO I've ever played on release day/early access has a long queue. Don't worry. It might last about a week or two though - but the wait times typically get shorter.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »

Last game I played that had a queue was swtor, and yes, they had a queue on launch and a week after on prime time.. but I dont Think NW will have that many players so you should not worry..
  • Options
    unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    queue is going down 100 every 10 seconds. Not that bad of a wait.

I want to wait in the queue you're in. Took me a half hour to get from 7000 to 2500.. then I got kicked out of the queue and had to start over at 7500. I am now at 5900.
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mcspazz wrote: »
    Only 34k, mine went as high as 99k and I kept thinking I was actually getting pushed back in the queue, so I kept rejoining.... I feel so stupid sometimes.

Your Original QUE number is correct IGNORE the changes when it shows your Que increasing--This is a Software error it will self correct adter 2-3 min to the correct number of your QUE
  • Options
    duncanmckailduncanmckail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    unah1 wrote: »
    I want to wait in the queue you're in. Took me a half hour to get from 7000 to 2500.. then I got kicked out of the queue and had to start over at 7500. I am now at 5900.

IF your not ingame when char arrives after 10 min you get booted for Inactivity
  • Options
    truebornstigastruebornstigas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gojinryong wrote: »
    wow if I knew about this que thing I wouldnt have dropped 60 bucks glad I used paypal and can just do a charge back

Except you can't. I mean, you can try, but it's not going to work. You'll likely not believe me and spend the $60 on Red Bull, then blame PWE for being overdrafted and demanding they pay NSF fees.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    theenexys wrote: »
    Your level of entitlement would make the totality of the gamefaqs board jealous. Please stop talking because you clearly have no ****ing idea what you're saying.

People have a right to complain about a broken product, this is not a product it's a trial. People can complain about absolutely anything they want at any moment, and some ****tard whiteknight is going to justify it as being right, in this case this is you. Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself and the entire community.

Secondly, people who are entitled can indeed **** right off, but please don't seperate yourself from them because you're basically eating off their scraps. People who paid wanted to support the devs and that's what they did, they got their items and their in-game benefits. Paying for a beta is like funding a kickstarter, if you don't like the end product, tough ****.

Nobody cares that you aren't impressed, and an open beta launch has absolutely ZERO bearing on long-term financial gain. DDO had a horrendous launch and continues to be one of the shining examples of how to run an F2P game properly.

There's a reason no one listens to people on the board, and you're one of them. Crawl back into your cave and go back to ONRPG or whatever teenage trollboard you're from.

Considering I've been following this game since its infancy and you just joined here, I'm going to say you have zero credibility:D. Good news for everyone is that you'll be on to the latest and greatest in a week or so:rolleyes:.

This game is a product, if you do not understand what a product is, you may want to go back to grade school (if you are not still there). As such, people have every right to complain because it is NOT working. Open Beta=launch in FTP games and MODs and devs alike have equated it to such here on these very boards. On the Twitter feed they said "it is launch but it is not live", whatever that is supposed to mean:D. Everyone knows it is launch. There is no wipe and everyone can play. It is a free game. Thus this is launch. It has issues. If people want to complain about it, they have every right to.

Oh, considering I've been playing MMOs since the very first NW on America Online, your silly parting shot makes you look like a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    smarssmars Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought the Guardians got VIP access as well?
  • Options
    themysticeye12themysticeye12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, my queue is crazy. started at 7800, went to 5300 and change, then up to 27000, now at 35k. This is not cool. They have launched so many MMOs they should have had a clue and treated the customers right.
  • Options
    bodvarbodvar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So what is going on with this que thing? I logged in at spot 7343 and it s been jumping up and down I'm now at 62344 how the hell did it go up? I thought the idea of a que was to enter in the order in which you logged in? And it cant be that founders and and such get in first as I am a founder and still have a que over 70000+. What gives?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    smars wrote: »
    I thought the Guardians got VIP access as well?

Why you Think that? o.O
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How long have people been waiting? I started at 7270 at 8:00 PM CDT and now at 8:27 PM CDT I am 1025.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
This discussion has been closed.