test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    yugoindownyugoindown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    DOH!

just my 2 cents .....

but if you are logged in and playing, and want to swap to another character, you shouldn't be "logged out" and have to go back into the Q
  • Options
    spintimalli890spintimalli890 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    clip2guy wrote: »
    do not do ALT+F4 it crashes the game i tried it once. and it crashes right a way to the desktop.
    You sure you didnt press alt+f3 by mistake? that will close the window...
  • Options
    subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    clip2guy wrote: »
    do not do ALT+F4 it crashes the game i tried it once. and it crashes right a way to the desktop.

Try it a second time m8, maybe it was a bugg or something ;)
  • Options
    weavingharp9weavingharp9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thats nice low numbers you got there! Mine jumped from 7k to 8k to 43k! Thank god its a bug. scared me for a sec xD
  • Options
    rekumrekum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I learned my lesson when SWTOR launched, pre-purchased Collector Edition. Played my full 5 days early access to get home from work on launch day and wait 3 hours to play. So I know how you feel, however, I have spent my fair share on the game already, not a Founder Pack but in ZEN. That doesn't mean i get priority, just means I want to support the game. You should buy the founder's packs to support development, but most of you bought it for the perks so be happy you get those.
  • Options
    rawbmorbidrawbmorbid Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The people saying to us founders to "stop complaining" obviously didn't spend $60 to wait for over an hour to play. I'm a seasoned gamer and have been in many betas and know that this cant really be helped but still.
    When you only have an hour to kill, it'd be nice to be able to play.
    Also spending $60 vs $0 should be a reason to not wait AS long.

Well... All I can say is buyer beware, If you didn't bother to read that VIP access only comes with HOTN, then... duh. As to whether or not VIP access should have been included with Guardian... perhaps... but the point is it wasn't, it never was and you shouldn't be whining about something that you were never promised.
  • Options
    smcdonald123smcdonald123 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    whenever i alt+f4 it does exactly what it's designed to do
  • Options
    kalystanakalystana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    The que priority should be HoTn then guardians Then f2p players period. I am a f2p player, those saying this is how is should be are not "whining".

I think the whining is more from the people that don't want to wait in a que BEHIND HotN and guardian buyers.
  • Options
    desaanukdesaanuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    4hr+ maintenance to look forward to tomorrow, EU prime time gets owned again.
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Umm.... you got what you paid for. Grow up.

coming from a hero of the north....

who needs to grow up?
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    murphthenerphpwmurphthenerphpw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The people saying to us founders to "stop complaining" obviously didn't spend $60 to wait for over an hour to play. I'm a seasoned gamer and have been in many betas and know that this cant really be helped but still.
    When you only have an hour to kill, it'd be nice to be able to play.
    Also spending $60 vs $0 should be a reason to not wait AS long.

Look at it from Cryptic's viewpoint, If you paid 60 bucks for a free game, you probably won't mind sitting in a queue for a couple hours. (I paid $250 for a free game, I'm in the queue @1047 :/)
    STO Lifer, NW Moocher.
  • Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this freaking re tar ded man really, 60 bucks and we still have to wait in line with freebie users
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kalystana wrote: »
    the que priority should be hotn then guardians then f2p players period. I am a f2p player, those saying this is how is should be are not "whining".

exactly this!
    Dragon Shard:
  • Options
    draga1701draga1701 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LMAO NICE....did not think of it like that
    fishcow wrote: »
    No, your 60 dollars just mean 3x less.
  • Options
    assassin238assassin238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    Queue was only about a 20 minute wait for me...not bad considering it is Day 1 of Open Beta...and that's also why they are calling it Open BETA and not Launch Day ;)
  • Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im in Q at 6018 then 63000 then 53000 then 7000 then 1770 then 23499 lol messed up ****
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    coming from a hero of the north....

who needs to grow up?

I paid for my access. You did not pay for your access. Should I be mad that my mazda doesn't go as fast as a Mustang when I didn't pay as much?
  • Options
    rawbmorbidrawbmorbid Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It appears to me that Alt-tabbing out of the queue screen may pause your progress in queue... Heading back in to test theory.
  • Options
    vinunleadedvinunleaded Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    FAIL....who is your I.T. management team? The three stooges? LOL
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just jumped form 2430 to 5525 and down to 2228 in 20 seconds ... it is a queue or a random number generator.

and back to 5525 again ... same number is suspicious.

To be fair, it was clear on the founder packs = Hero's get preferential loggin, and that wasn't on guardian, *but* I would suggest there be a queue based on:
    Heroes (1..N)
    then Guardian (N .. X)
    then Basic - the $20 pack) (X ... Z)
    then F2P players

I don't think being derogatory about those players helps anyone - if a game is available free to play, that's a reasonable usage. I am sure, given that the F2P model centre's around users enjoying themselves, and then spending on items, that PWE are aware of just how important it is they solve login/laggin ... because if the F2P community give up after a week/month etc., then I suspect the game is in real trouble.

.... 1524 in queue now.

Yeah that would be acceptable. But lumping Guardians with the non-payers is pretty rude.
  • Options
    tl73tl73 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    try this....sheem sheen shalabeem.....nope still a 'Q"
  • Options
    eveningshadeeveningshade Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    I paid for my access. You did not pay for your access. Should I be mad that my mazda doesn't go as fast as a Mustang when I didn't pay as much?

lol too funny
  • Options
    darksalvadorzdarksalvadorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you are the type of person im talking about lol. Im not asking for a refund or QQing in that post at all. Im not saying i shouldnt wait or want a refund or wont support cryptic.

one thing GW2 had right, overflow "ghost" servers..
    the main issue is only having 3 servers:P
  • Options
    karmicooziekarmicoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess there is one good thing about selling actual games... you have an idea of just how many people plan to log in on launch day. :) For the record I've been in the queue for almost an hour now. I'm sitting here wondering if anyone knows if you change toons does it start the queue over?

I chose my character before the queue started. My intention was just to check her crafting. :eek:

Created character and I was in Q starting at 7000, I chose LOGOUT instead of EXIT, thinking that it would take me to the character screen...it does - the character screen appears before the queue process. There is NO way to choose another character without experiencing the wait again. I am in the Q again around 7500.
    If you don't want to wait again...don't exit OR logout for any reason.

Idle starts after 10 minutes and another five gets booted.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    you spent 200

i spent 60

we both paid so neither should have to wait as long as someone who hasn't paid

doesn't matter how much, we paid period.
    Dragon Shard:
  • Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rawbmorbid wrote: »
    It appears to me that Alt-tabbing out of the queue screen may pause your progress in queue... Heading back in to test theory.

It does not. The game is default set on to use less processing power when it is not the focused window, you can turn that off if you want in the options. When it is in the lesser processing power state, it slows down to 5FPS and everything.
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kalystana wrote: »
    The que priority should be HoTn then guardians Then f2p players period.

Take your entitled butt down to the corner and hock it.

The queue, in order to be really and truly fair, should be whomever signs on first, to last. It shouldn't matter if you spent money or not in a game advertised as FREE TO PLAY. Also, funding came long before any "founder's packs" were advertised, otherwise game development would never have started. NO business says, "Hey, let's start making product out of our own pockets and then sell for mass profit!". Funding first, then sales, then profit.

Also, free2play player down to a couple hundred in twenty minutes, just for being patient and reading posts on the forums. :)

Edit: IN. SUCK IT, TREBEK!!!!

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    darksalvadorzdarksalvadorz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rawbmorbid wrote: »
    Well... All I can say is buyer beware, If you didn't bother to read that VIP access only comes with HOTN, then... duh. As to whether or not VIP access should have been included with Guardian... perhaps... but the point is it wasn't, it never was and you shouldn't be whining about something that you were never promised.

you are the type of person im talking about lol. Im not asking for a refund or QQing in that post at all. Im not saying i shouldnt wait or want a refund or wont support cryptic.

• Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Now that you mentioned GW2. I completely agree with you on the Ghost servers. That was a perfect alternative for queues IMO.
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    toggledshottoggledshot Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    elkysium wrote: »
    So only founders of the north, not guardians get pushed to the front. Well i will no longer support cryptic then. paid 160 between 2 accounts and a little zen and don't even get priority...

Cryptic you need a new person that handles these decisions, if you payed you should get pushed to the front regardless.

que 52518

All these people spent this outrageous amount of money on a game that has just opened it's doors in Open Beta. PPFFFTTT
    hahaha! I'll do it #waitinginqueue #likeeerryyybodyelse :D
This discussion has been closed.