test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you in a queue? Read this first!

Comments

• ggfkinpoonggfkinpoon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i logout to try other class boom 19k in queue
    obviously u cant code a queue position display properly no way u can code a balanced pvp game
  • kyzerukyzeru Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vincenoir wrote: »
    I think the queues are broken, I go 3500 after 15 min waiting to 17k, then get to 6k then back up to 21k and stay there for a while not down to 15k wonder if the queue will shaft me to 30k next

They've indicated that they are aware of the numbers being broken, it will fluctuate up and down but it DOES go down. Mines jumped back up to 14520 a few times, but it is decreasing.

People need to keep in mind too, its $20, $60, $200...and regardless of what you pay you get a boatload of extra stuff... if you wanted VIP access, should've shelled out more... or waited... Open Beta. Opening Day. Patience is a virtue not possessed by most it seems.
  • phaetu1phaetu1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a scum sucking freeloader and after joining at 6500 then yoyoing up to 25000 and back 5 or 6 times I'm in game after only 30 minutes of waiting...
    32 minutes to be more precise.

Quit your *****ing you ego boosted turds. Deal with it or leave I care not. Not surprised that the world is in the state that it is with all of you people in it.
  • dar4ukdar4uk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    похер на вас баржуи. Главное шобы маскали не играли
  • slicerdiceroldslicerdicerold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    I find it really amusing that Cryptic calls this an open beta. How the hell can a f2p have an open beta???

Are they planning on wiping characters at some point in the future when the game is "released"?
    Is there some support level that is supposed to change when the game is "released"?

Knowing cryptic they will suddenly add subscription tiers and you will be restricted from playing content that you have had access to since launch and that being a founder will mean nothing.
  • bluebacker63bluebacker63 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Within 2 weeks the queues will be almost gone and within a month there will be no wait at all because some players will quit and PWE will add a couple of overflow servers if neccessay. I'm going to play for a couple of weeks and if I really like the game I'll drop the $60.
  • chiller741chiller741 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im sorry not paying 200 for priority que
  • mayhemsmmayhemsm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    It's awesome to know that my $60 bucks means nothing.

Thanks for another souring experience.

The game is getting less and less worth playing.

You along with all the other Guardians, knew what you were buying and need to stop *****ing. I almost bought guardian package but then decided the ONE thing that really made me want the Hero pack more was the VIP access.
  • draznendraznen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get a big kick out of all this crying and whining by those that think they should be at the head of the line based on what they paid to play in the closed beta. This is Open beta aka soft launch of the game and yes there are going to be delays since a whole lot of people have been waiting a very long time for the release of Neverwinter MMO. And for all of you whiny babies, get over the wait and just bide your time, you will get into the game and be able to play. Also at the sametime to all of you prodding all the people that are complaining, your not really helping the situation but instead, you are just poking the sleeping bear. We all are here to have fun so just Be quiet and and don't complain! It's only a game meant for FUN!!!

Good luck and may you all find extroidenary loot and xp all year long.

Tel Alvaris, Guild leader of NeverWinter Militia on Dragon Shard
  • hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    cowcowoink wrote: »
    And now 24316... Well.. I do have other games that I have neglected with NW coming out. Guess I'm off to do those. I am kind of surprised they didn't offer NA/EU different servers or at least the option of playing on those seperated server types. I'm fine with mixed players but reading french, spanish, italian, german, something with weird blocks and something else completely (greek) to me kind of makes you not want to keep zone chat on.

Apparently they are planning to merge all the servers into one!! Bet like me, you can't wait for that ;)
  • dash75dash75 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they really werent ready for a big major day like this

Hehe, nope. The word is out.
  • vhalembervhalember Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nezek2 wrote: »
    What you just can't read what is written in the description:

Is VIP GAME ACCESS part of the guardian package : No

Check here
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/guardian

Is VIP GAME ACCESS part of the Heroes package: Yes

You got what you paid for.

If only that were true, all I got was the 600000 astral diamonds. Never got the mount or the other goodies.
    As for the queue it's unacceptable for an mmo to have queue's of this kind in 2013 with all the high end hardware available.
    A 15 to 20 minutes queue would be stretching it for it to be called a successful launch and please don't bring up the Open Beta excuse. The moment the game starts making money (pre order excluded) it can't claim to still be in Open Beta.
  • sirqussirqus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28
    edited April 2013
    edited April 2013
    they really werent ready for a big major day like this

Neither was WoW, first two-three weeks were absolutely unbearable to the point everyone got a month and a half of free time... Tell me EXACTLY how many people are going to die tomorrow? Can't can you? It's impossible for them to predict how many people are going to smash into their servers.
  • nandpnandp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    An ETF would be nice.
  • mynameisbigrichmynameisbigrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I find it really amusing that Cryptic calls this an open beta. How the hell can a f2p have an open beta???

Are they planning on wiping characters at some point in the future when the game is "released"?
    Is there some support level that is supposed to change when the game is "released"?

Knowing cryptic they will suddenly add subscription tiers and you will be restricted from playing content that you have had access to since launch and that being a founder will mean nothing.

LOL.. They will probably wipe characters that did not purchase hero or guardian packs.. That would be epic... Truth is, they should have sold the software like guild wars and it would have kept the trash farm out of the game.
    More servers will arise, I'm sure...
  • sw33tch33kssw33tch33ks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I paid for the $60 pack, played over the weekend.

I was expecting to be stuck in a queue this afternoon after work. I don't know how anyone couldn't see this coming, it's happened to every mmo ever made. *shrug* not that big of a deal.
  • nostalg1cnostalg1c Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open beta is just a loose term lately. Companies use it to shield themselves from poor launches and bugs. It's nothing more than a ridiculous term that has been coined "soft launch". That said I expect launch problems and I am just happy to play but the whole open beta thing is just deceiving.
  • sanmercisanmerci Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Within 2 weeks the queues will be almost gone and within a month there will be no wait at all because some players will quit and PWE will add a couple of overflow servers if neccessay. I'm going to play for a couple of weeks and if I really like the game I'll drop the $60.

Think Slicerdicerold hit the nail on the head- wait a few weeks; people will give up on the game because the queues are unreal and go back to their other generic or 3.X-based MMOs. It'll be easy to get into NWO then, because it'll be a veritable wasteland.
  • lydar1lydar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really don't think that there will be lines to get in for all that long. I am sure things will smooth over in a reasonable amount of time.
  • thekuinuthekuinu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *reads the hate posts*
    4854949832_good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_11_xlarge.jpeg
    Now really, the show you're interpreting it's marvelous.
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited April 2013
    A few days ago someone called this a WoW clone. At the time I disagreed, now though...totally flashing back to WoW's launch. hehe
    Guess it's a good thing I'm on duty the next two days.
  • sirqussirqus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28
    edited April 2013
    vhalember wrote: »
    If only that were true, all I got was the 600000 astral diamonds. Never got the mount or the other goodies.
    As for the queue it's unacceptable for an mmo to have queue's of this kind in 2013 with all the high end hardware available.
    A 15 to 20 minutes queue would be stretching it for it to be called a successful launch and please don't bring up the Open Beta excuse. The moment the game starts making money (pre order excluded) it can't claim to still be in Open Beta.

Check your ingame mail, there you'll find your mount and goodies..
    edited April 2013
    vhalember wrote: »

It's NOT necessarily a hardware issue, but a software issue...they have to MAKE SURE the server software can handle the player load before allowing hundreds of thousands of people to log on... It's not like this is their official Launch day...it's the opening of the Open Beta...which is designed to TEST their servers and get these bugs sorted out...

Seriously...do people even understand the concept of a BETA anymore?
  • m1lh0u53m1lh0u53 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMFG us Guardians get shafted because we didn't fork out $200.
    This is really p issing me off. AGAIN paid money for a game i can't even play.
  • hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    Quote "I'm a scum sucking freeloader and after joining at 6500 then yoyoing up to 25000 and back 5 or 6 times I'm in game after only 30 minutes of waiting...
    32 minutes to be more precise.

Quit your *****ing you ego boosted turds. Deal with it or leave I care not. Not surprised that the world is in the state that it is with all of you people in it."

With a comment like that and your great use of language I think a lot of people are hoping your queue jumps up to 2,500,000 ;)
  • nicknamesrlameimonicknamesrlameimo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, I'm not gonna start arguing or complaining or defending or any of that. I do have a question though. My queue began at approximately 4.5k, went to 6kish after a few minutes, and then went to 24068. It's stayed at exactly 24068 for about 45 minutes. My assumption at this point is that the queue numbers are random since it seems unlikely that no one has logged off in the last 45 minutes. Anyone clear on how the queue works? Apologies if someone answered this previously,I didn't see it but I skipped to the end after the first few pages so... Anyway, thanks in advance. :-D
  • erebus2075erebus2075 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aprilai wrote: »
    Of course us Guardians are shafted. We pay $60 more than moochers who are playing this game for free, and we get stuck in the same **** line as them.

Way to **** up PWE.
    so dont you feel stupid now setting with us moochers xD

i think the 200$ for heroe was a complete joke high price, why i didnt support them at all.. else i would properly had supported them, happy to hear that i didnt miss out on any special treatment by not doing so ^^
  • maximumdestructomaximumdestructo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow... People sure can be impatient...
    Didn't it ever occur to you that there would most certainly be problems like these with the launch
    as with any other MMO in the beginning? And do take into consideration that it's f2p which only raises the initial login rates to unbearable heights. Of course it's really unfortunate that this has affected the players who have actually paid for and supported the game, but from what I can tell they've made an awesome game and these problems, which are only temporary are due to the very fact that everyone wants to get a piece of this sweet, sweet pie.
    I really don't mind the wait because I know it'll be worth it in the end.
  • lippy777lippy777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Another fail mmo **** so much hopes for it.
    Action mmo super que times and when you get in it just ruberband all over the place so sad.
This discussion has been closed.