What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    no 4gb patches are NOT normal, you are basically reinstalling the entire exe file...most of the game. Its a sloppy fix that doesn't help anyone with a bandwidth limit.
  • Options
    deianprimedeianprime Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1.2k latency on all server emmm
  • Options
    saifodiassaifodias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been playing for a while at the start of the open beta i go out and now i try to enter again and i get the message trying to update the launcher... and then i get an error any solution?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    and stop closing threads. you stopped the one dealing with the exact issue i was having on the wifes pc saying its fixed with a link from another poster, thats a 4gb 'patch'. i reposted it here, but who the heck is going to check the bottom of page 128...

...if i have to listen to it from my wife you can listen to it from me.

>__>
  • Options
    caveirao77caveirao77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My error is: Connecting to the account server... Time out
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    oh i was playing for abit, logged off to see about this problem on the other pc cus of the horrendous lag making it a waste of time, now when i got to log in, im getting it too...

Patch Error:

the patch client got a message while it was in a state of no responce function
  • Options
    trometrome Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mine appears to connect to the server then I assume it patches? And then this..

doql3r.jpg
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    glantorx wrote: »
    Glad to here you are fixing the log-in BUT what about the unplayable LAGGGGGGG when you do actually log in!

That's being looked into here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?163651-In-game-issues-Lag-rubber-banding-Updates-here.
  • Options
    waguinnwaguinn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For Oops cryptic error, i turn off my torrent and my anti-virus and works
  • Options
    derperzderperz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I keep getting " Connection Timeout " , funny thing is on my other account I can login and play but not on this one .
  • Options
    hardthrondhardthrond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello Neverwinter-Team,

here's my console output after I replaced my Neverwinter.exe as proposed in your solution #7 from the original post:

Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 1.
    Patch: Got command DO_BUTTON_ACTION Night:Neverwinter
    startPatch, current root C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live new N
    ight:Neverwinter
    Connecting with root C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live
    PatchClientLib: connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
    PatchClientLib: redirecting to 208.95.184.199:7255
    PatchClientLib: skipping unneeded autoupdate CrypticLauncherNNO
    PatchClientLib: successfully connected
    PatchClientLib: Using HTTP patching: server akamai.nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.co
    m port 80 prefix Night
    Loading manifest: C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/.patch/Night
    Client.manifest...done
    Loading hoggs...done. (0.06)
    Deleting files...done (0 deleted). (0.00)
    Deleting rogue files...done (0 deleted). (0.00)
    Examining hoggs...done.
    (24.68)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36

A file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not rename file tha
    t could not be overwritten (C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/Ga
    meClient.exe)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36
    A file was locked that could not be open for writing
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 10.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 9.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 8.

Seems the GameClient.exe is locked (as far as I can see). I hope it helps.
  • Options
    fickles2fickles2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks heaps for this, just for the record I couldn't help but notice the launcher said "Gungeons & Dragons" down the bottom, funny typo.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    does it work now for you hardthrond?
  • Options
    sirrealisticsirrealistic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stuck at 77.4% on patcher
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fickles2 wrote: »
    Thanks heaps for this, just for the record I couldn't help but notice the launcher said "Gungeons & Dragons" down the bottom, funny typo.

Wow... it really does say Gungeons & Dragons... That's awesome!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    We're going to take the servers down to address a few issues in around 15 minutes.
  • Options
    errorscreen25errorscreen25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Attachment not found.

What can i do when i log in?It says me go and log if from a link....the link doesn't work...
  • Options
    noscetemetnoscetemet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stuck at 77.4% on patcher

Are you stuck, or just moving absurdly slow? I seem to still be downloading, however the speed is revolting. It's actually down so low that I may be below 56K.
  • Options
    hardthrondhardthrond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nope, not yet :( My local GameClient.exe is writable, can't figure out more of the problem unfortunately.
  • Options
    havenrlhavenrl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't login.

Can't connect to patcher server.

I did patch this morning too, I hope I can play soon.

Edit;

Coppied the new .exe over from the 1st page, and it's connecting
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We will perform maintenance very soon. Please head to this post for more details: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?164501-Temporary-Downtime-to-address-a-few-issues. I'll keep this thread closed while we perform maintenance.
  • Options
    lecari13lecari13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for such a quick solution. I've replaced my .exe file and it's now patching :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Is maintenance going to require me to redownload this entire patch? I'm hoping there's auto resume...
  • Options
    tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    for anyone that's looking at the last page instead of reading the updated first message, try fix #7 it worked for me.

BUT

don't try to replace the .exe in your folder. just run the new .exe directly after you download it, where ever it goes, and that should work.
  • Options
    kyrotepkyrotep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for working so hard on this. I hope everyone is keeping in mind this is not a launch, it's still a beta test.
  • Options
    sykotik5o1sykotik5o1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dose anyone know if you can just the neverwinter.exe to download the rest of the game instead of the neverwinter downloader because the exe is going much faster than the downloader
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So here's what worked now for at least downloading the patch:

1) Download Neverwinter.exe as explained in solution #7 in original post message.
    2) Don't copy Neverwinter.exe into the Neverwinter game directory but run it directly from the download location, please note: Run Neverwinter.exe with Administrator privileges

After this, the patch started to download. The game is now patched and I could play - if it were not for the maintenance downtime :)
  • Options
    shimmerscaleshimmerscale Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm logged into the site, but the launcher says my password/username is invalid.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kyrotep wrote: »
    Thanks for working so hard on this. I hope everyone is keeping in mind this is not a launch, it's still a beta test.

Seeing as I have time, and am bored, I'm going to address it briefly. Lets look forward to the future, when this game is considered, 'done', and they switch from calling it open beta to gold. What will happen? Nothing. The activities that define a launch are already happening. Characters are already being kept, everyone is already permitted to play, and there's no need for anyone to purchase to get in game.

While I agree with the general sentiment you express that we shouldn't be upset with them, I see little point in doing other than calling a rose a rose. No matter the name, a launch is precisely what is occuring. This all said... Devs have actually called this launch before anyways, the silliness with trying to claim otherwise seems to solely be a player issue.

Regardless, I suppose I'm going to break out a book while maintenance occurs.
  • Options
    sparkleavsparkleav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Finally got into game after several patching attempts at 10pm GMT but at least I'll be good to go tomorrow. Thanks Dev team for keeping us up to date throughout this issue...a little bit of patience goes a long way. I'm off to bed now nite nite all!
This discussion has been closed.