What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    p1nballlp1nballl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Somone is getting this problem too? res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm
  • Options
    norlamonnorlamon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As many ppl posted here already my launcher is stuck at PATCHING.....cancel button won't work....please this issue is starting to get bigger...our numbers grow by the minute.
  • Options
    kaladinsurgekaladinsurge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    replaced the launcher with the new .exe file which fixed the problem with getting launcher to work.

Problem now is after logging in the launcher downloads the patch and after it finishes it loads fullscreen the cryptic studios logo and the loading bar at bottom of screen, but it either gets stuck on next screen with neverwinter logo across screen with a "material files reloaded" on bottom left corner OR a blank screen with "material files reloaded" in bottom left corner and the neverwinter version number in top middle of screen.

Just tried again and now it goes to a blank black screen with just a movable in game mouse pointer that is movable.
  • Options
    dovahkumadovahkuma Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anything for the Error 14: The connection to the server was lost? Trying to patch and it gives me that. Is it because of the flood of the servers?
  • Options
    haiknhaikn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hexxtrek wrote: »
    Cannot get Neverwinter or STO to launch. Only get the "unable to establish connection to patch server"... up to my 3rd hour of reading support and fixes that all don't work...

Having this problem as well.
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought Founders supposed to skip queue?? im on queue 3173 ??????????
    I cant even get into the queue and i'm a founder :( think yourself lucky :(
  • Options
    sockerdrickasockerdricka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i would if it did actually count downwards but its not its only increasing :/
  • Options
    rokuthyrokuthy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 179 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Mine attempts to connect twice, then crashes out and says cannot patch basically. Have tried running as admin, restarted pc, etc.
    @rokuthy on Mindflayer
    Play my foundry campaign, Vermilion: Spirit of Gevaudan. The first quest, The Desperate Messenger is now available @ NWS-DM44FZM2W
  • Options
    tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sykotik5o1 wrote: »
    dose anyone know if you can just the neverwinter.exe to download the rest of the game instead of the neverwinter downloader because the exe is going much faster than the downloader

that seems to be the case for me. I tried downloading the game for my girlfriend, and the download was going nowhere. I couldn't log in on my PC, either, so I checked this forum and found the new .exe. I quit the download on my gf's PC, downloaded that new .exe, and it started downloading the entire client. Like a LOT faster.
  • Options
    tytanis83pl1tytanis83pl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My queue jumped from 8078 to 19115, and has not launched from 20 minutes: (
  • Options
    cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i would if it did actually count downwards but its not its only increasing :/

I created a thread called "only 1 fix" and it was closed in seconds before anyone even had a chance to reply,
    I suggested closing open beta, kick the freebies out, buy enough new servers now they know the interest they have, then re'open open beta.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    kinpachi1 wrote: »
    Well I'm not getting any numbered error messages, but I keep getting "the patchclient got s message" box. I even did step seven and replaced the exe file. It got the launcher updated but now when I push play it just closes the game out completely! I even tried running as admin and it still just ends up closing out,not even in the task manager anywhere. I had the same message box on my computer next to this one but the step 7 seems to work on that one (waiting in a stupid long4-5k quae). any help?

When do you see this error message?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    As many ppl posted here already my launcher is stuck at PATCHING.....cancel button won't work....please this issue is starting to get bigger...our numbers grow by the minute.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    porraddd wrote: »
    patch error; "the patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

what?
    rykk0n wrote: »
    So for me appears a small window saying "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 time", and some seconds after another window called "Patcher error" with "The patchclient got a message while it was in state with no response function".

There's a solution for these issue on the first post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions.
  • Options
    anxiabarbariananxiabarbarian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ty for issues
  • Options
    mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sign in just under an hour ago with no problems, sign out to take a shower, 10 minutes later sign in and get put in position 9001 of a queue, look down, look up, position 16059 <.<
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    When do you see this error message?

I don't even get an error message and where other people have received replys like this to thier posts I have not received 1.
  • Options
    ert3ert3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    still having a hard time
  • Options
    bobbybrbobbybr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013

Fixed here, thx
  • Options
    greiffgreiff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here.... went to take a shower and now stuck on 21279...
  • Options
    viuneviune Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been able to get as far as the queue. The number will decrease then suddenly jump to a very high number. When I hit the back button it shows that I need to log back in. When I do log back in I can get back into the queue for a few minutes with the number decreaseing, then again it jumps up to a very high number. I can go from being the 8746 in line to 20970 in line.
  • Options
    greiffgreiff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i am guessing this is mainly cause by the fact that US is waking up? (as most europe country is going to bed...)
  • Options
    coriolanus70coriolanus70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whatever fix was put isn't working. While on my laptop I am able to get the launcher to work, it bounces around from 6k to 16k queue and even though I am a Founder, I don't get in. Great work!
  • Options
    mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Position 16639 D=
    look down, look up, position 149 =D
    Look down, look up, position 14539 D=
  • Options
    kaayoskaayos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why am I being asked to link my account through the website, restart launcher, and it still does not work?
  • Options
    viuneviune Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    greiff wrote: »
    i am guessing this is mainly cause by the fact that US is waking up? (as most europe country is going to bed...)

It's bewtween mid afternoon to early evening in the US depending on where in the country you are. So all the kids are home from school, homework is done, all the adults are now home from work and now everyone is logging on.
  • Options
    manfrome15manfrome15 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got past the launcher by loading up the Champions Launcher, went to options and chose the Multiple Games option, restarted the launcher and chose Neverwinter from the drop down menu... voila I'm in the queue :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Can Anyone please tell me if this issue with the launcher being stuck at PATCHING.... has been addressed? It's kinda frustrating my 2 friends who haven't paid for the game are on the queue while I can't even get the game to work.....
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    norlamon wrote: »
    Can Anyone please tell me if this issue with the launcher being stuck at PATCHING.... has been addressed? It's kinda frustrating my 2 friends who haven't paid for the game are on the queue while I can't even get the game to work.....

No i'm sick if it not even had an official response to any of my threads/posts about it.
  • Options
    crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi folks, I followed [Solution] Update 7: to get my game working but now when it launches it flashes up a D3D error, the game still loads but I no longer get my neverwinter display panel showing up on my G19 keyboard ?

It worked fine yesterday and according to the launcher the game hasn't patched today so the game version is still the same as yesterday, the only thing that has changed is I Downloaded this file

http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe

and replaced my old Neverwinter.exe with it to make the launcher actually work.

the G-19 plugin worked fine yesterday, now it is broken. Any ideas ?
This discussion has been closed.