What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher stuck at white screen.

Comments

• Options
    mor8iditymor8idity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    server is overwhelmed id have to imagine. maybe it will work in a bit.
  • Options
    klifoth66klifoth66 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here :(
  • Options
    ravyn47ravyn47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem except i was in the game and logged out to goto the store. When I came back and tried to open my launcher, I have the white screen of frustration.
  • Options
    ganiriesganiries Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here. Talking with someone in game, they said there was in-game announcement that they know what the problem is and are working on it.
    Ornament-3.gif
  • Options
    tyrant0styrant0s Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just wait like an hour or something for people to calm down.
  • Options
    sanjinn0311sanjinn0311 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am suddenly glad that I did not buy anything in advance...
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They should at least give some news or something... no recognition for their player thats a bad start for a game...
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    osburn1osburn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue
  • Options
    dkgnomodkgnomo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here, the Neverwinter twitter is announcing the crash in the login screen...
    Keep tunned for more news

https://twitter.com/neverwintergame
  • Options
    jdhoodjdhood Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ganiries wrote: »
    Same here. Talking with someone in game, they said there was in-game announcement that they know what the problem is and are working on it.

nice of them too make one in game for us... haha
  • Options
    noctoro34noctoro34 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is recognition, its on their twitter and facebook page, pay attention. And to the people that spent money on the game, STFU. That money you spent let you play the game before everybody else and get ahead on people and you got items. Q.Q MORE YOU MISSED 1-2 hours. Oh lord..can't play for the first hour or two of launch, life is over /wrist, god get over it.
  • Options
    thenakedgypsythenakedgypsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same issue =)
  • Options
    morgirmmorgirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same problem
  • Options
    ghost413ghost413 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    devs are working on the issue, they located the cause and are working to fix it.

This is not launch of the game its open beta so problems should be expected that is why developers have beta periods to find and eliminate bugs.

and for you who complain about paying 200 bucks for a white screen... you payed for exclusive ingame items and as a bonus you got early access to the open beta wich started for you at the 25th and 27th depending if your are a guardian or hero of the north and if the authentication / account server is down or having problems priority login doesnt matter now does it?

just tired of non-constructive ranting and whining filling up the forums as soon as something is wrong....
  • Options
    forevermateforevermate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I LOVE THIS GAME. oh wait.
  • Options
    anothoanotho Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    js3b wrote: »
    They should at least give some news or something... no recognition for their player thats a bad start for a game...

Thats why you Have BETA like this, so when the game launches you don't have this kind of problems.

its not god that they are not saying anything to people i can agree on that part but rather that they are working on the problem instead of spaming twitter.
  • Options
    flashback211flashback211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    js3b wrote: »

They have, on facebook and twitter.
  • Options
    gutyoulikeafishgutyoulikeafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe they underestimated the power of the word free...
  • Options
    flamesword47flamesword47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here...
  • Options
    bandock667bandock667 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Appears to be working now (at least on my side).

Edit: Nevermind, it crashed. :P
  • Options
    screamomaxscreamomax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, let me get this straight... We paid money for this game, and now we can't play on Launch day?
  • Options
    tolstoytonytolstoytony Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh well so much for playing during lunchbreak oh well the work gods are telling me something maybe?
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The ammount of whine is tasty here. Oh I paid for it. I have no patience,...im a whiny tard that doesnt understand server loads and issues that might pop up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Join Date. Dec 2007
    The Original Novastar
  • Options
    renzuuprenzuup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    holy **** im playing like a boss and ... FATAL ERROR holyyyyyyyyyyy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    dominicshoun1dominicshoun1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are working on fixing the launcher issues.
  • Options
    gutyoulikeafishgutyoulikeafish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone stop logging in so I can play! Thank you! lol
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess they underestimated how big of a D&D fan-base there really is. Like maybe they just took the sales from 4th edition and thought that would be all the D&D players/fans there are. When really if you account for everyone who's played any edition, and people who have played the older D&D based video games, well, you get my point already without me having to elaborate on just how many of those titles there are, how many novels, similar works, etc. there are. Even if just a quarter of those aforementioned groups logs in at the same time it's gonna overwhelm them pretty bad if they aren't prepared. Did they at least look at how many accounts were already signed up prior to launch, and contemplate whether or not the servers could handle that many players at once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foglhadhafoglhadha Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are working on resolving this issue. They sent out a little note across twitter about it. Hang in there. Wouldn't be launch day without a gray hair making bug.
    neverwinter-sig.jpg
    Live a Celtic Legend. Play: The Four Relics of Eire - NWS-DMUA64N8G | Subscribe: @foglhadha
  • Options
    oddwin1oddwin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    screamomax wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight... We paid money for this game, and now we can't play on Launch day?

"Open Beta" friend. No where near a finished product. The whole point is so that this DOESN'T happen on launch day.

Also .. this is Cryptic we are talking about....
  • Options
    mordraine88mordraine88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The ammount of whine is tasty here. Oh I paid for it. I have no patience,...im a whiny tard that doesnt understand server loads and issues that might pop up.

I think its pretty valid to be a little upset at this point. If Perfect World announced that the open beta was going to be available and working as intended this morning, then failed to deliver on that announcement, its on them. While the general user may not "understand server loads", I guarantee you that the developers of this game DO understand server loads and issues, and the fact that they failed to adequately prepare for them is something their client base has a right to express disappointment and frustration with.
This discussion has been closed.