Launcher stuck at white screen.

Comments

• Options
    valardacord#0770 valardacord Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here..

im are playing and stop show pass i logout and this bug
  • Options
    naughtymindnaughtymind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i get the same prob from the launcher, so i tryed just going stright to the game itself, still wont connect even in game
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue. Was playing the game fine an hour ago. Launcher is stuck on a white screen. Lame. I also got disconnected from the gateway as well.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    zyammmazyammma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here.....
    I bought the Hero of the North for $ 200 and I can not log into the game. PW let's solve the problem faster. For what I paid money?
  • Options
    xtrakillxtrakill Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    white launcher :)
  • Options
    donkenojidonkenoji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zyammma wrote: »
    Same here.....
    I bought the Hero of the North for $ 200 and I can not log into the game. PW let's solve the problem faster. For what I paid money?

Why the hell would you pay $200 for a FTP game.... you're going to be dumping 500$ into the market....
  • Options
    frankjonesfrankjones Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do these companies just not know how to make online games, or are they just being cheap and trying to use the minimal server power? There hasn't been one single online game I've played that was actually able to let a lot of people in from the start. This kind of thing woulda been acceptable 10 years ago, but I feel like there should be a standard by now... If you built cars like this, your company would get shut down... just sayin' (calmly and un-butthurt, btw). I just don't understand how *every* online game has this problem. Every single one.

"There are 200 people playing our game right now, and we are about to open it up to the public."
    "Well, we'll have to increase our servers."
    *Switches are flipped*
    ...Hours later...
    "There! We now have room for 210 people!"
    "Good job! ...Oh wait a minute, more people than that are trying to log in..."
    "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, what do we do?!?"
    "I don't know, I've never done this or researched this before! I'm just doing this for money..."
    "Maybe we shoulda got better servers."
    "You idiot, that would cost so much money! This is a business, we have to make money BEFORE we make the game."
    "Oh."
    "Yeah, we only use the minimal server capacity in this business model."
    "Oh."
    "Yeah, that way, we spend the least amount of money and the guy that owns the company makes the most profit."
    "...Man, I just wanted to make a game..."
    "Well, in this day in age, because people have allowed us to do this... this IS how you make a game."
    "Make as much hype, charge people in advance for "founder's packs" and in-game costumes, then still not get it right?"
    "Yup, and we aren't the only ones to do it. Over at Gazillion, they are charging that much money for costumes for their game Marvel Heroes, and it just barely hit open beta. They have all kinds of server issues."
    "What kind of people would pay that money and allow this system to perpetuate?"
    "Sheep."
    "Oh."
    "Yeah, we've tricked them into thinking that it takes million of dollars to run a server, so now they are willing to pay hundreds of dollars to help us get our **** together. In return, we've given them items that we spent development time on (instead of developing good servers) so they think it's a fair trade."
    "It's crazy that people will pay so much money in a 'free to play' game that's not even out yet... but that's why we're in this business, to capitalize on their foolishness."
    "Yeah, they've made this possible. We have their money, and they have no product! Business 101: make the most money while giving the least product."
    "I feel kinda dirty."
    "Here, go to a day spa and get a massage on the company's dime. This IS a stressful job..."
    "So stressful..."
    "You still coming to the office pizza party congratulating ourselves for a job well done today?"
    "That is the norm for these kinda of game companies."
    "Indeed it is. Indeed it is."
    "Do you think they'll ever catch on?"
    "I think one of them might have..."

;)
  • Options
    lividicus03lividicus03 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow....

Calm Down. You guys are waaaay too hyped up on your Mountain Dew. Clearly after 11 pages of responses this is a wide issue. I can guarantee you they are working on it and will have it up in no time. There's millions of us likely trying to log on at the same time, get real, go shower or make some food to digest your Obnoxiously High Levels of Caffeine.

Good Day,
    See ya Serverside!
  • Options
    rhapathyrhapathy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a F2P user, or should I say I didn't shell out 200 bucks to get early access. I can't complain that I paid and i'm stuck with the same screen as the users who didn't, but I can complain that this is a very anticipated game and the devs didn't anticipate the fkn anticipation!
  • Options
    zearlthzearlth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i try launch game but have 2 different troubles. once it was attempt to uptade launcher and can't connect to patch server, second time i get login screen but after entering pass i got some error mesage
  • Options
    deniedukdenieduk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's harder and more costly to downsize your servers than it is to increase them as demand ramps up... and hell we have no idea that this is a volume thing, it could just be a bug!
  • Options
    zearlthzearlth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    now game got patching for 2.8 gb.. cool
  • Options
    lividicus03lividicus03 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Again, put down the Caffeine. They anticipated it just fine. Something, through the multitudes of logins, went wrong on the server code. Wow, Grow up, I paid twice for two accounts for my wife to play too. And we aren't rookies to open beta releases, S*** happens, let's move on.
  • Options
    eb2013eb2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the patcher is working for me now. I did notice however that there is a typo in the trademark disclaimer that says "Gungeons and Dragons".

Try my quest Tucker's Kobolds, now with an all new map and encounters!
    Version 2.0.2 (5/11/2013)
    NW-DGW8GFH6
    @EB2013

Part II Coming Soon!
  • Options
    parkenokparkenok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they some how redirected the launcher but the game still times out in accessing the account
  • Options
    atomseedatomseed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wtf.....no **** game!!
  • Options
    dremora420dremora420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did have the white screen issue. I did finally get past the white screen and its giving me this...

The client works fine till I log in. After logging in the picture below happens without the debug. The debug is from me trying to copy the code into here.

PWEError_zpsa9187c59.jpg
    As you see I exploded the image to show more clearly what is going on.
  • Options
    frankjonesfrankjones Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm in! Let's see if it lasts.
  • Options
    pellespelles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ss222 wrote: »
    USEYOUR GAME FOLDER TO START !

f.e : Cryptic Studios/Neverwiner/Live/GameClient.

Now pay me a 1$ for this advice :P

Thanks. That works, but now the connection to the account server keeps timing out. Guess they're a bit overwhelmed. Didn't they know everyone's bored with GW2? :D

Update: I read where the devs are saying if you bypass the launcher you're likely to get the Account Server time out. I went back and launched my client, again, and it worked fine this time. So I guess they're working on these things or I just got lucky.

Either way, just wanted to update my post.
  • Options
    rhapathyrhapathy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just want to hurry up and get in so I can create unique names for my chars that aren't taken! ;)
  • Options
    ggfkinpoonggfkinpoon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i have the launcher problem; so i directly launched the client n got to login screen jk cant connect to account server
    ddos already?
  • Options
    cadenas1987cadenas1987 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic Studios/Neverwiner/Live/GameClient

dont have any gameclient folder wtf?
  • Options
    pepperonypepperony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    J4CO5Uw.jpg?1This happens after I log in... any tips?

http://i.imgur.com/J4CO5Uw.jpg?1
  • Options
    bufffybufffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    crashed nice job pwe this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happened shame on you if you r going to do something at least do it right or not at al
  • Options
    skoakfoldskoakfold Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ERROR_zps5311f18f.png

This is what I get.
  • Options
    cadenas1987cadenas1987 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skoakfold wrote: »
    ERROR_zps5311f18f.png

This is what I get.

me too. happens the same and dont have any GameClient
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    me too. happens the same and dont have any GameClient

Gameclient is no folder, it is the .exe to start the game. It is in the "live" folder, called gameclient.exe
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic Studios/Neverwiner/Live/GameClient

dont have any gameclient folder wtf?

It is no folder, it is the executable in the live folder - Cryptic Studios/Neverwiner/Live - here you will find "gameclient.exe".
  • Options
    so0lso0l Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Doesn't exist for me either. The only thing in my live folder is a folder called piggs.
  • Options
    mourinhamourinha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so0l wrote: »
    Doesn't exist for me either. The only thing in my live folder is a folder called piggs.

+1 same here my friend. what a shame
This discussion has been closed.