test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon gained from founders pack is to OP

Comments

• vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    fexhie wrote: »
    I think it is definately overpowered for lvl 1 which is when you can start using it right? P2W can also refer to PVE content, for instance using items from cash shops in an endgame dungeon that would normally require some hardship with items that you got from playing the game before actually getting the items from the dungeon in question. But I do agree that it is much less of an issue than it is in pve than pvp because it does not really affect people who are not in the group with people who paid for their items, unless you want to include bragging rights.

I just don't see the hardships with items comming into play even without level 1 -15 op gear... the only difference one could say is that you kill enemies slightly faster and therfore take less time to level if you were super super efficient. all the items you sell in its stead you would end up selling anyway as you leveled naturally and actually the effect on my run actually hindered me and forced me to grind several levels as i ended up running through content TOO quickly which may have in the long run actually made it slower for me to level than without it.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I don't have as much of an issue with people buying things that other people can get, outside of competitive things like pvp based gear anyway. It is selling stuff that is better than what people can obtain, especially when they sell it in "packs" making it so that only incredibly rich people or people who won't be able to afford their rent next month because they spent it all trying to get a lucky draw of the MEGAXXSUPERAWESOMERAREEXTREME sword out of the pack.

I don't know how to put this without coming off as smug, which isn't the intent, but being able to buy the $200 pack doesn't require you to be "incredibly rich". I'm far from being incredibly rich, by any stretch, but I can afford a couple hundred a month on entertainment stuff. It is why I work, so that I can buy things that are fun. Like this pack here. There were times when I had no work, and then I didn't spend much on entertainment, and there are things that I would not spend money on even if I could.

See, I agree with you on PvP, and the PvP items here are gained by PvPing. There are none in the store. There are also no +10 Swords of Pwning in the shop while the game can only drop +5 Minor Swords of Lesser Pwning. Do I have a better chance to get nicer PvE gear if I keep buying lockboxes? Yes. But likewise, if you play ten times as much as I do, you will also get nicer drops from dungeon bosses. (For what it is worth, I have no intention of buying any gear. I'll spend money on mounts and companions and fun stuff, but not on gear, because I play the game for the loot and the gearing up. I don't want to skip to the finishing line. I don't even use the weapons from the Greycloak box.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • fexhiefexhie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As far as time frames go, I have no clue. I don't really keep up with time well, but I started playing online games early mid nineties prolly 93 or 94 and I never paid for a dial up connection. AOL was definitely in full bloom tho. I used other stuff than NetZero, I just remember it because it is by far the best one there was. I do admit I have no idea what any of the other names you mentioned even are or where besides a faint tingling about compuserv. I guess I wrongly assumed your time frame by a few years, my bad. I honestly didn't really even get into computer gaming before Ultima Online, before that I mainly just played every system from nintendo/master system on to dreamcast, kinda lost interest in console gaming after that, although PSO was probably my first real online love affair with in video gaming.
    edited April 2013
    1, at what point did I say anyting about 200 dollars in that quote? I personally know people who have spent over 2,000 dollars just to get a speeder in games like swtor.

2. 200 dollars is a lot of money to drop on an item in a video game. To my mind you would either have to be rich or extremely addicted to opening up digital packs to be willing to waste so much money on something so trivial when 200 dollars has so many more practical applications.

3. 200 dollars is the cost of a gaming console, it should not be the cost of an in game item for a mmo.

4. None of my comments were based on Neverwinter specifically, primarily I was just discussing cash shops in general.

5. I totally agree about the end game items part of your post. I don't understand why people would even want to buy these items
    you would lose out on being able to enjoy so much of the game imo.
  • hi11zone777hi11zone777 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i alrdy found an upgrade im lv 14 and the wepaon is lv 16 with 194 power 135dmg.. soo dissagre
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    micdarau wrote: »
    So the weapon you get from them founders pack it has to much dmg!
    Even at lvl 35 I didnt haved such a weapon..
    This game is lame with this weapon, face roll everithing..

Ok let's make this a more realisitc post - "Weapon at level 1-20 is OP" because you'll replace it around 24.

Like the people spamming how "easy" the game is and they are level 6.
  • thetrickyxxthetrickyxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol.. already level 32 and i've replaced that weapon since level 21 .. it's a horrible weapon after level 15.. you can even remove the enchant and replace it xD

you are wrong.
    I am Nurgle, Chaos god of filth and pestilence.. may the corpse carnival parade you with maggots and disease!

kMNzSBz.png
  • jinnixijinnixi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    Sadly I can play only saturday and I deffinetly will play without this weapon, its 1 hit/dead= no funn.
    LOL what BS i have that weapon and no its not 1hit dead or OP

stop complaining about something so stupid and grow a pair man seriously you havent even played the game yet give it a rest

next you'll be saying "my armor is to strong " or " my purple weapon which i havent even got yet is to strong "

seriously man grow a pair and have fun in the game
    fs.png
  • vorsandvorsand Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Didn't DEVs say that the game is pretty much soloable aka easy until end game, when dungeons and instances are dramatically harder?
  • xykromaxxykromax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    dude the weapon is only good till about lvl 15 stop complaining !!!
    Lost my Proud in Owning - The Hero of the North Pack & The Guardian of Neverwinter Pack
    [
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    2. 200 dollars is a lot of money to drop on an item in a video game. To my mind you would either have to be rich or extremely addicted to opening up digital packs to be willing to waste so much money on something so trivial when 200 dollars has so many more practical applications.

Such as? In February I bought a ukulele for $450, which entertained me for maybe twenty hours before I got bored of it. The month before that I bought a backgammon tournament board and three books (each costing $40-80, the board $200). For Christmas, I bought myself a gaming laptop for $1700, because I wanted one (I have a high end desktop system for gaming, but I wanted a toy). None of this stuff is essential. I also frequently buy newly released games, which typically cost $60 and I get 5-20 hours of entertainment out of them. I'm pretty sure that Neverwinter will give me at least several hundreds of hours of entertainment, so the $200 for some nifty fluff, access and to support (pay for) the game really isn't so crazy. (On the flipside, I do not eat out often, don't spend money on booze or smokes, and I don't spend my vacations in tropical places!)

I recently calculated that I spent $2200 on WoW, in subs, boxes, mounts, pets and services. The moment I stopped paying, I could no longer play at all, or use the stuff I bought from their cash store. These days, I have more problems with that kind of business model, because you can't stop paying without losing access to your stuff and your friends. With Neverwinter, I can play it as long as the servers are up, and use the things I paid for. It's more consumer-friendly.
  • xykromaxxykromax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Originally Posted by themangroth
    The real question is, as a rogue, you can weild 2 weapons. Can you make 2 rogues, and send the wep from one to the other?

dcoy1 wrote: »
    Awesome idea lol.

that wont work as you when you try to reopen the box it says you already have a ...
    Lost my Proud in Owning - The Hero of the North Pack & The Guardian of Neverwinter Pack
    [
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice starter weapon, replaced it with a blue from the NPC venders for 9s by 20, bought 2 of the same one from them too.
    edited April 2013
    I just don't see the hardships with items comming into play even without level 1 -15 op gear... the only difference one could say is that you kill enemies slightly faster and therfore take less time to level if you were super super efficient. all the items you sell in its stead you would end up selling anyway as you leveled naturally and actually the effect on my run actually hindered me and forced me to grind several levels as i ended up running through content TOO quickly which may have in the long run actually made it slower for me to level than without it.

This game levels superfast regardless I agree. I am not arguing with you or with anyone in this topic that this item should not be in the game. Heck you founders helped get the game out there and deserve some cool things like that. I do think that it can be considered overpowered. That does not mean I think it should be changed or nerfed. It is just OP, I can't see that there is any arguing that.

To reiterate I have absolutely no issue with any of the items offered in any of the packs and I wouldn't even have issues if they were even more generous. As a founder you guys really helped get the game out there and I think they you deserve special things for that.
  • sixko1sixko1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    nasuradin wrote: »
    Nice starter weapon, replaced it with a blue from the NPC venders for 9s by 20, bought 2 of the same one from them too.

9 silver? what vendor is that??
  • theholyfrogtheholyfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so good, OP only wants newcommers to go away, with thinking its OP, not a single word about the weapon being useless after level 12 because (thats when you get better weapons)

really not sure if he actually thinks people are this dumb or if he himself just didnt think far enough....

anyways, the weapon was nice for my GWF because for this class the first 16 levels are potheavy levels and due to the weapon i was able to slice through =)

tl;dr: the weapon gets useless from level 12 or so...
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sixko1 wrote: »
    9 silver? what vendor is that??

All the vendors in the marketplace usually sell 9s lvl 20 blues of what they usually sell when I check them, not sure when they specifically have or do not have them in stock though.
    edited April 2013
    Dude, really? You can't think of any better ways to spend 200 dollars?

1. 200 dollars can feed a hell of a lot of hungry people. I promise if you spent 200 dollars on a charity you would feel a lot better about it then spending it on a digital sword for your lvl 60 dwarven beserker.
    2. Goes a long way towards a plane ticket to visit a family member for a weekend.
    3. Clothes
    4. 200 dollars is a lot of drinks at the bar.
    5. 200 dollars is a lot of double bacon cheeseburgers.
    6. Drop it on the floor in above bar, and watch people fight over it...good times.

I don't know I can go on but really do I need to?

I recently bought a violin for 100 dollars from amazon and I totally suck at it and I rarely use it. But I still think it has more value than buying a weapon for video game character.
  • xk27xk27 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I replaced the weapon in my late teens. It's very OP for about ~5 levels (5-10), slightly OP for another 5 levels (11-15), and then pretty much in-line with everything else. I don't see a problem.
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I recently calculated that I spent $2200 on WoW, in subs, boxes, mounts, pets and services. The moment I stopped paying, I could no longer play at all, or use the stuff I bought from their cash store. These days, I have more problems with that kind of business model, because you can't stop paying without losing access to your stuff and your friends. With Neverwinter, I can play it as long as the servers are up, and use the things I paid for. It's more consumer-friendly.

How much of that 2200 was on cash shop items and how much was on the actual game and monthly fees? The most I have ever paid for an online game is dark age of camelot I played for roughly 25 months over a 5 year period and probably spent a total of 400 dollars on it.
  • failefaile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    World of Tanks, $400 in about 3 months.. it truly is a pay to win game :)
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Thats not the point, its just showing the game is pay to win.

/facepalm is all I've got to say to that comment.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't understand why some people, not all, would buy a founders pack for a free game to get 'goodies' and then complain that the goodies are too OP and then choose not to use them?

So, is starting 5 days earlier than everyone else considered OP, if so, I assume you're not going to log in until the 30th?

On a side-note, I read the description of my Guardian founders pack;

Exclusive 3-day Head Start Access - Play Neverwinter before anyone else when it launches!

That is not true, I don't get to play before the HOTN founders do.
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xykromax wrote: »
    dude the weapon is only good till about lvl 15 stop complaining !!!

He said that even at lvl 35 he finds it more powerful than anything else for his level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is free for the base game but why on earth do you think that base game entitles you to the whole game experience? Really feel entitled much?

Simutronics games - Gemstone III & Dragonrealms used to be by the hour as was the original text MMO Neverwinter Nights. Kingdom of Drakkar, Island of kesmai, in 1994 or 1995 AOL shifted from the hourly connect charges to monthly and then shed the games it had at the time which had been paid by the hour. Around 1995 or 1996 the Simutronics ones went to monthly charges and disassociated themselves from AOL. Kingdom of Drakkar moved to MSN and a monthly charge. In 1996 Dark sun came out monthly followed in 1997 by Ultima Online as a monthly title. From that point on games came out with a monthly charge.

The original Neverwinter Nights was not text. It was the same graphics as the gold box RPG's.
  • arixar2arixar2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh noeeeeeeees the weapon is op till i reach lvl 15 aka for 2 ****ING HOURS:D

World is going to end guys;(
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Once I hit 15 it was about normal....lets see we play the same content several times in beta weekends and we can sail through it on Open Beta Launch to get to stuff we didnt get to earlier quicker...I like it.
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    edited April 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    He said that even at lvl 35 he finds it more powerful than anything else for his level.

It is nonsense, though. It is good until 15, and then it depends a bit on your luck, but by 20 at the very latest you will have gotten something better.
  • scatheukscatheuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    It's the same stats as like a lvl 12-14 blue, nice one superexageraphastic dude. But yeah for lvls 5-10 it's pretty OP.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »

And he lied (or at the least, is trolling) - I replaced it with a green at level 18, and a blue that was almost twice as good at level 20 (and as I tried to make it last, as I couldn't find anything better for a bit until a quest gave it to me as a reward, I was starting to feel a bit under-powered with using an older weapon by level 18). I'll probably hold on to it for the unique enchantment...but even that, more because it's unique than because it's useful.