test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon gained from founders pack is to OP

micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So the weapon you get from them founders pack it has to much dmg!
Even at lvl 35 I didnt haved such a weapon..
This game is lame with this weapon, face roll everithing..
The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
Post edited by micdarau on

Comments

• Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    IDK im playing free so never had it, but if thats true, pretty sad for this game.
  • Options
    sdeaconsdeacon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps you could unequip the weapon, then? If it causes so much annoyance to be so 'overpowered' then remove the source of aforementioned benefit.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sdeacon wrote: »
    Perhaps you could unequip the weapon, then? If it causes so much annoyance to be so 'overpowered' then remove the source of aforementioned benefit.

Thats not the point, its just showing the game is pay to win.
  • Options
    gimliskgimlisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well if you add it to the suggestion or something, give them an idea and maybe they will decrease the damage to make it fair? Haven't got far into the game yet.
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Post some stats or give example of class/weapon you are face rolling with?
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sdeacon wrote: »
    Sadly I can play only saturday and I deffinetly will play without this weapon, its 1 hit/dead= no funn.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, at end game it will make no difference. It's just a b
  • Options
    juravianjuravian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    Pretty much everything in the beginning few levels is one hit kill.

It will be worthless after level 10.
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Waiting for the flood of "its not P2W because" posts to show.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Post some stats or give example of class/weapon you are face rolling with?

Just look at twitch streams.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dcoy1 wrote: »
    Waiting for the flood of "its not P2W because" posts to show.

What are you winning? I don't understand....
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really hope you are not comparing a level 1 character in this thread. As a TR, I one shotted everything in the first level or two with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The stats are 147 Power, 102 Crit and other stats for a Greatsword, at lvl 4 its insane, even a lvl 30 weapon dont have such dps.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    micdarau wrote: »
    The stats are 147 Power, 102 Crit and other stats for a Greatsword, at lvl 4 its insane, even a lvl 30 weapon dont have such dps.

:O it dropped me 700+power weapon in bw3 for gf it was 30+
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm watching a twitch stream right now and I see absolutely nothing OP about the weapon. 147 is a lot, at level 5 maybe, I had over 100 power on a weapon by level 10 in BWE4.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    At level 4 it might be insane but
    warpet wrote: »
    :O it dropped me 700+power weapon in bw3 for gf it was 30+
    This is true for me as well: I certainly found much better gear by level 30.
    This game's solo-friendly content is ridiculously easy without any such weapon, at level 4 or 30.
    I'm not concerned about this item at all.
  • Options
    mottatonimottatoni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not really
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    What are you winning? I don't understand....

You win PVP battles, win dungeons you may lose at without paying money, win at lvling up easier compared to free players, etc.

Its like using steroids in sports. Even if you didn't "win" the gold medal, its something frowned upon. Paying money to gain a power advantage over people that are not paying.

I'm not sure how strong the weapon is as I played free in beta, but if you can buy this now, won't they always be selling powerful things in the cash shop? Thats P2W.....
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    You win PVP battles, win dungeons you may lose at without paying money, win at lvling up easier compared to free players, etc.

By the time you can do PvP or dungeons a weapon with 147 Power will be at best competitive, at worst obsolete. Yes, you may level up faster, saving yourself maybe 5 minutes of the 2 hours it takes to hit level 10, but if you want to complain about that then having a 5 days headstart is the ultimate pay to win, they win at the game already and you can't at all.
  • Options
    hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Thats not the point, its just showing the game is pay to win.

it's f2p, of course it is going to have some things that seem pay to win, but imo it's only pay to win if it helps you win at endgame, all f2p games have stuff that make you lvl faster, and i mean all of them.
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    The weapon is designed to be really good at early levels. Think about it like purchasing an XP Boost - it will let you get through content quickly. It won't do you much good later on.
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will think about not using it with my first toon. After that it will be nice to have a fast forward button for the early levels.
  • Options
    izulieizulie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sounds like the weapon does what its intended to do, make the first ten or so lvls easier. (not that it was difficult in any way shape or form ) People that paid $60-$200 should get something for their investment. Save your sour grapes. F2P or P2W if you don't like it don't play it.
    My obvious charms and god-like powers always dazzle the simple, ordinary folk.
  • Options
    lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013

Dude. Don't be such a barefaced troll.

Everyone else: ignore opportunistic bridge dwellers who offer you breathless tidings of doom with no evidence and a dismissive attitude.
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The real question is, as a rogue, you can weild 2 weapons. Can you make 2 rogues, and send the wep from one to the other?

:D
  • Options
    savadioussavadious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

YOU FAIL AT TROLLING !

You are a Guardian... you are unable to log in today...

FAIL !
    :P
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The real question is, as a rogue, you can weild 2 weapons. Can you make 2 rogues, and send the wep from one to the other?

:D

Awesome idea lol.
  • Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    who the hell cares. just play your game and don't worry about how other people are playing there game. jesus I swear people care about the dumbest things.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for mentioning that.

My biggest question is "Do the founders weapon, etc, look cool?
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    heyrogers wrote: »
    The weapon is designed to be really good at early levels. Think about it like purchasing an XP Boost - it will let you get through content quickly. It won't do you much good later on.
    Ty about your answer.
    And any info about the lvl 60 rare one?