test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    bloodwalk wrote: »
    So.. I just checked my mail a couple days ago and found out I got a key on the 20th of march, been waiting all this time, and I didn't think to read more thoroughly. Now I understand.. this game is p2p even in CB. =/ Uninstalled.
    Of course it's p2p in closed beta. Nowadays it's considered a privilege to participate, and one that people are willing to pay for. Closed beta participation is not a requirement to play the game, which is free for everyone on the 30th. If you don't want to pay anything, you don't have to. But wanting to have access to the game for free when others are paying, that's just silly.

I'm sure that if a Closed Beta Weekend 4 was planned from the get-go, websites would be offering keys for free just like the other weekends. Because this was announced short-notice, there was no point in making a big to-do about it, especially with open beta at the end of the month. No need to uninstall, just wait 2 weeks.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • stannie2stannie2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We can only hope..
  • twiglet31twiglet31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will Pcgamer keys work this beta weekend
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    twiglet31 wrote: »

I'm getting the feeling they wont :[ I have one too
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013
    twiglet31 wrote: »
    No. Only three things can get you in:
    Purchase Guardian Pack ($60)
    Purchase Hero Pack ($200)
    Use the friend key that comes with the Hero pack.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • ixsparixspar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    asboe wrote: »
    SO 2 casters AND a cleric, and missing the single biggest MMO/Role Playing /fantasy, class ? Well thats saved me $600 as my 2 sons and me wont be getting founders packs then. Massssive oversight there, and im guessing the next new class will be MONK.....which is why i refused to play DIABLO 3.

Missing the single biggest class? Let's see...fighter, rogue, wizard, cleric....seem to have the big four covered. Everything else would justifiably fall under sub-classes of these four....everything.
  • xerouxerou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xcammi wrote: »
    Of course it's p2p in closed beta. Nowadays it's considered a privilege to participate, and one that people are willing to pay for. Closed beta participation is not a requirement to play the game, which is free for everyone on the 30th. If you don't want to pay anything, you don't have to. But wanting to have access to the game for free when others are paying, that's just silly.

I'm sure that if a Closed Beta Weekend 4 was planned from the get-go, websites would be offering keys for free just like the other weekends. Because this was announced short-notice, there was no point in making a big to-do about it, especially with open beta at the end of the month. No need to uninstall, just wait 2 weeks.

Wait you sincerely believe that it's a privilege to TEST a game for developers, without pay?
    You realize they used to have paid tester teams to do what we do for them for free right?
    Sad state of affairs these days, I'm not plunking down money on anything that hasn't gone gold, PERIOD.
    I can wait, I'm patient, let Bullet Run be a lesson to everyone, game did founders packs, got cancelled IN CLOSED BETA, and had to refund everyone's money, but they had a specific window of money refunding, the others got STATION CASH, their own little currency.
  • visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    im prety sure games wouldent have betas that cost $$$ unless people were paying...I played in Beta 2&3 and I liked it enuff that im strugling with the idea of paying the $60 so I can play this weekend and have 3 days earlier access...it just might be worth it to me
    [Edit] I played my first two beta weekends for free with a PCgamer code
    [Edit 2] They got me I want to play badly enuff I just droped the 60 bucks -_- I am ashamed
    p.s. I spent 50bucks on IGcurrency during beta 3 O_O
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • akazulolakazulol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, I'm new here and just bought the guardian of neverwinter pack not 20 minutes ago, will I have access to CB4?
    edited April 2013
    yes 10char
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • mu1dermu1der Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    akazulol wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new here and just bought the guardian of neverwinter pack not 20 minutes ago, will I have access to CB4?

Beta Weekend 4 - April 12-14:
    Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Hero of the North Friend Key, if it has not been used.
    edited April 2013
    xerou wrote: »
    Wait you sincerely believe that it's a privilege to TEST a game for developers, without pay?
    You realize they used to have paid tester teams to do what we do for them for free right?
    Sad state of affairs these days, I'm not plunking down money on anything that hasn't gone gold, PERIOD.
    I can wait, I'm patient, let Bullet Run be a lesson to everyone, game did founders packs, got cancelled IN CLOSED BETA, and had to refund everyone's money, but they had a specific window of money refunding, the others got STATION CASH, their own little currency.
    Yes, I know beta testers used to be paid. I also know that this is not how it's done anymore, so that fact is irrelevant here. If enough hype is generated for a game, people will pay to get a first look. Closed beta isn't open to everyone, so only privileged people (those who pay) get access.

It's totally within your right not to pay, but not within your right to demand access to something that others pay for. When the tables turn and nobody wants to beta test, I'm sure there would be little to no cost in it and wouldn't be a "privilege" any longer.
  • dog83gamerdog83gamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi all!
    Could i pay Hero of the North Pack in 3x credit card?
    I've never seen a package mmo so expensive. I would test it. To then buy some package. Could someone send me a key for the weekend 4? If yes, please send it to dog83gamer@gmail.com
  • nikkitawittanikkitawitta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone who could spare a Beta 4 Friend Key please? My code could only work for Beta 2-3. >.<
  • nikkitawittanikkitawitta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xerou wrote: »

sigh. gone are the days. but nowadays GMs from various games play other games and look for skilled players to test their own games for free. a select few are also given the test server sites. :cool:
  • djomi13djomi13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When will receive access to the beta, those who bought the Neverwinter Starter Kit? otherwise why sell it now, if you do not have access to it?
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    The Starter Kit does not include access to beta weekends, despite its description stating that it doesn't include guaranteed Beta Weekend access. BWE4 is only for Heroes of the North, their friends, and Guardians. Not for the Starters.

And well they sell those kits now so you don't waste your time buying them on release date? Plus it helps founding the development of the game.
  • vetro1234vetro1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Could anyone send me a spare working key to beta weekend 4 to funforbfh@gmail.com please? I would be very grateful...
  • djomi13djomi13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erideita wrote: »
    The Starter Kit does not include access to beta weekends, despite its description stating that it doesn't include guaranteed Beta Weekend access. BWE4 is only for Heroes of the North, their friends, and Guardians. Not for the Starters.

And well they sell those kits now so you don't waste your time buying them on release date? Plus it helps founding the development of the game.

ehh sorry, we can only wait for the game comes out, or the kind of people who can share the key;)
  • beefumbeefum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been looking through my notes, and I can't find what time the beta starts tomorrow? Is there a set time or when have the last couple opened?
    edited April 2013
    At 12 am PST.
  • beefumbeefum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At 12 am PST.

Thank you! =)
  • jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    I believe he meant 12 pm PST

A timer was posted on the neverwinter facebook page

Timer Linky
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, I never know whether 12:00 is am or pm. Some people say 12 am, others say 12 pm. The most important thing is, it stands for noon, not midnight.
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, I never know whether 12:00 is am or pm. Some people say 12 am, others say 12 pm. The most important thing is, it stands for noon, not midnight.
    AM is midnight, PM is noon. People get confused all the time (even I do), but the two are not interchangeable.
  • ggreenbergsggreenbergs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone got a friend key to share for Beta 4 ascess?
    PLZ send me private message :D
    I would be very grateful...
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    Beta Weekend Four details: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=859351. Who's excited :)
  • vetro1234vetro1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's so bad ppl who didn't buy packs can't participate and check professions or new skill points system, especially If there will be only 1 proffession possible per character... I then just can imagine ppl who couldn't participate in bw4, swearing that they picked wrong profession or skills and they have to make a new character :<
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who's excited :)

ME!!! ;) The Gateway system sounds great!
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • subsmokessubsmokes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so theres not a beta key giveaway? lol