test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    vermilion3vermilion3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought the Guardian of Neverwinter pack and it shows the purchase on my account but I can't log into the game. Help!
  • Options
    dovendyret26dovendyret26 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I also bought the founders pack and got stuck like most ppl in this thread with the account error. Turns out in my case that it was simply my own fault (though i think prefect world could have at least given me a hint). In my case the transaction had been completed, but i still had to click a link I got in my email to redeem the founders pack. This obviously won't help for older beta players, but I hope it can help those having the same problem as me.:)
  • Options
    digitalbladedigitalblade Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    So with the Free Weekend you give away free Cakes right?
    I have the cake pls, you can keep your game. I've been trying to sign in that free weekend of yours since a day and still that the same error. Don't get me wrong but I'll never buy an MMO I haven't tried.
    If you don't want to make free weekends don't post them on your site.
  • Options
    jimieusjimieus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    To the people who bought either guardian or hero packs and can't get in, that truly sux and I hope they rectify it quickly.

To those who are crying foul over not getting access after no money down, what a load of self entitled drivel you guys post. Get over it and wait for the open beta :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kreamedcornkreamedcorn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone body out there with a Hero of the North Friend Key that could use a new friend?
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    erebus2075 wrote: »
    i find the preorder buisness practices of companies these days to be one big scam and its amazed how they can keep doing that kind of buisness without getting suit and stuffed in jail :/ sad what the gaming companies have turned into :/

Maybe . . . fortunately there is nothing preorder here that fits even close to this description. The game has been free from the start and will remain free at launch and for the rest of the life of the game :)
    I've been trying to sign in that free weekend of yours since a day and still that the same error. Don't get me wrong but I'll never buy an MMO I haven't tried.
    If you don't want to make free weekends don't post them on your site.

Weekend? The bloody thing is having an open Beta that is free and lasts FAR more than a weekend starting on the 30th, and everyone can join in. The Betas before now were, as advertised, free, and they were, as advertised, open to those who were invited.

This game is having both a closed Beta to start and an open Beta well before launch. Everyone wins here.

jimieus wrote: »
    To those who are crying foul over not getting access after no money down, what a load of self entitled drivel you guys post. Get over it and wait for the open beta :rolleyes:

The problem is those who whine are the uneducated who could not read on their best day. If they would learn to read they would know that they are invited to the open Beta starting on the 30th. They just can't seem to grasp that the devs decided to have a closed Beta before an open Beta. Gods and Goddesses forbid a company run a SERIES of trials on their servers before letting the general population ram them down. Then untested servers would be unstable and most likely crash, then those same whiners would be here still whining about how cheated they feel because the servers - which they did not contribute to or pay a dime to help keep up - crashed.
  • Options
    blackenscaleblackenscale Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I should've have read more before I downloaded for "4 hours" that I have to be one of the two purchasers or have a Hero of the North Friend Key. I was very excited to being able to play but now I guess I can't. I have to wait now until its released. Have fun everyone.
  • Options
    aapoxaapox Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    where is my beta key
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aapox wrote: »
    where is my beta key
    Right here.
  • Options
    boinaverde75boinaverde75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I need a beta key. Someone can help me?
  • Options
    pauloshady01pauloshady01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I Need a beta key, anyone gift to me? plz
  • Options
    haciko6haciko6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hi, i installed the game and when i try to launch it i shows me the message: Acount Error ...! what should i do...? Help pls...
  • Options
    hiredshadowhiredshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :mad:I find this whole ordeal annoying. The HTN packs seem to basically cost way too much for some fairly trivial items, but that's decent. However, doing this to where you have the Friend Key if you shove out 200 bucks for a free game, just creates a ton of trouble with people begging for keys. Also, if you play free 2 play games, you tend to try to get in on closed beta by signing up for it because you either just don't want to pay cash for a game you don't know how long will last or if you will even like at the end of the updates, or you don't have the cash to pay for the game, no matter how much you want the 4 weekends and a maximum of 5 days prior to the game. Which, as previously stated, is subject to massive change.
    Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forwards to playing this game when it comes out. So much so that I was randomly asking everyone in my Blacklight: Retribution matches if they knew when it came out until they announced the day.
    But it truly is disappointing these days when companies do cash grabs for more money to them for the game. Back in the golden times, they payed you for testing their game, not the other way around. Especially with the chance of the game not surviving. Open beta in this games is going to be the official release.
    Also, if you call me a whiner, or any other crud, I beg you to consider yourselves. Look at what you get reduced to by a person exercising their constitutional right of free speech. At what a simple free 2 play game that you are wasting hard earned money on for a lot of people, since I doubt any millionaires play P.W.E. games. Just think about this all.
    I hope to see you all when the open beta starts. Save a place for a rogue at your sides and your backs.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbKXJmaCO_-Ii_nX57E2xzQ58YJQtNaQSzzK9SFx2Oo4l0XdkB
  • Options
    stephendri2stephendri2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Acount Error ...! LoL
  • Options
    xenofromkratiosxenofromkratios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Acount Error ...! LoL

Same here, yet the servers always say on...

easy fix...
  • Options
    forsakenvalleyforsakenvalley Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never seen a company try so hard to get people to spend their hard earned money on a BETA of all things. I mean, really? You want us to buy a game that's not even complete with no idea weather or not it's even worth it? This is the worst beta promo I've ever seen in my life. Good luck all of you if you took a chance like this.
  • Options
    soulgaurdiansoulgaurdian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So this game isnt free to play right now. and i downloaded it for nothing? im confused
  • Options
    mughimughi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO Lifetimer here. Did Cryptic/Perfectworld rescind the beta offer? I have not received a key, and this appears to be the last beta weekend?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mughi wrote: »
    STO Lifetimer here. Did Cryptic/Perfectworld rescind the beta offer? I have not received a key, and this appears to be the last beta weekend?

Thanks.

To put it simply, they want you to purchase at the very least the founder's pack. which then you get a key and a guest key if I understand them right. It's completely money grubbing and wrong. Beta things should never be pay. It's either free, or they pay you to test the game. You aren't supposed to pay them to test their game for them.
  • Options
    townherotownhero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To put it simply, they want you to purchase at the very least the founder's pack. which then you get a key and a guest key if I understand them right. It's completely money grubbing and wrong. Beta things should never be pay. It's either free, or they pay you to test the game. You aren't supposed to pay them to test their game for them.

Fact. This is why this company is a joke to people.

And now Cryptic associates with them. Guilty by association.
  • Options
    captainjamiekcaptainjamiek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure I received a Beta for this Game because I have had one for all the other's, but I cannot find it anywhere. Pain as I have no E-Mail for it so I might of deleted them by accident.

Is there a way to get a E-Mail sent back to you with the copy of the Beta Key?
  • Options
    saintcharlezsaintcharlez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys said 12 to 14th and its not even <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> open today.... we spent money and its not open... rip off pos
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow . . . just wow.

First - to those screaming "money grab" as if it's your life savings . . . it's about 1 day's wages. That's it. Choose to spend it or choose to not spend it. EVERYONE gets in for free anyway in just over a week! Be patient. The game IS free, and it was the developer's choice if they wanted to reward a few individuals who decided to show their support for Cryptic based on other gaming experiences with this developer.

To those who can't get in, learn to read . . . it's for Founders only. Most of the complaints I keep seeing are not even Founder titles, so it is not them falsely advertising, because they posted VERY clearly in MANY different spots what you need to get in this weekend. They also posted in MANY different areas that it is open to EVERYONE on the 30th. See you then.

To those who ARE Founders and still can't get in and are thus screaming "rip off", please check your methods of logging in. It has been discovered that for some reason people are not using the launcher, and are trying to use their game client to log in. DON'T DO THAT! I use caps to emphasize on this part, not to yell. The launcher is there for a reason. Credit to this discovery goes to a Founder in another thread who discovered this was the issue and he corrected it and passed this on to everyone else, so I am passing it along here. Generally speaking trying to bypass a launcher in any MMO is a really bad idea. Otherwise you'll never get the patches, etc. that you need. I am going to gamble that those who are Founders and cannot get in most likely are not able to get in because of this, and because they did not get the 4 GB patch that came with this weekend's Beta (yup - it was over 4 GBs.)

For those stating you did not receive emails with Beta keys or that you deleted them . . . if you had an email with a key, ask your friend for that key, as your friend has that key on record and can look it up for you and give it to you again. Cryptic never sent keys for HotN or GotN packs. If you are a Founder, your account was automatically updated and no key was needed or sent. So if you received a key, it was from a friend of yours who is a Founder.

On another note - if your key was a promo key and not a friend key from a Founder, that only worked on the prior weekends. This weekend is strictly for Founders and their 1 friend each.

Hopefully this information will help some of you who are patient enough to take it all in.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Wow . . . just wow.

First - to those screaming "money grab" as if it's your life savings . . . it's about 1 day's wages. That's it. Choose to spend it or choose to not spend it. EVERYONE gets in for free anyway in just over a week! Be patient. The game IS free, and it was the developer's choice if they wanted to reward a few individuals who decided to show their support for Cryptic based on other gaming experiences with this developer.

To those who can't get in, learn to read . . . it's for Founders only. Most of the complaints I keep seeing are not even Founder titles, so it is not them falsely advertising, because they posted VERY clearly in MANY different spots what you need to get in this weekend. They also posted in MANY different areas that it is open to EVERYONE on the 30th. See you then.

To those who ARE Founders and still can't get in and are thus screaming "rip off", please check your methods of logging in. It has been discovered that for some reason people are not using the launcher, and are trying to use their game client to log in. DON'T DO THAT! I use caps to emphasize on this part, not to yell. The launcher is there for a reason. Credit to this discovery goes to a Founder in another thread who discovered this was the issue and he corrected it and passed this on to everyone else, so I am passing it along here. Generally speaking trying to bypass a launcher in any MMO is a really bad idea. Otherwise you'll never get the patches, etc. that you need. I am going to gamble that those who are Founders and cannot get in most likely are not able to get in because of this, and because they did not get the 4 GB patch that came with this weekend's Beta (yup - it was over 4 GBs.)

For those stating you did not receive emails with Beta keys or that you deleted them . . . if you had an email with a key, ask your friend for that key, as your friend has that key on record and can look it up for you and give it to you again. Cryptic never sent keys for HotN or GotN packs. If you are a Founder, your account was automatically updated and no key was needed or sent. So if you received a key, it was from a friend of yours who is a Founder.

On another note - if your key was a promo key and not a friend key from a Founder, that only worked on the prior weekends. This weekend is strictly for Founders and their 1 friend each.

Hopefully this information will help some of you who are patient enough to take it all in.

One day's wages depending on who you are. Or are you dense and forget some of us are disabled or something similar. Not to mention most peoples jobs don't pay 200$ a day. You should try understanding where people are coming from. Plus, it's a BETA. Only fools pay someone else to test their games for them. Which means with all your information, you still missed peoples point.
  • Options
    saintcharlezsaintcharlez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have 2 keys and it still doesnt work fail again hahaha so weak....
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I have 2 keys and it still doesnt work fail again hahaha so weak....

Wow, that really sucks. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    One day's wages depending on who you are. Or are you dense and forget some of us are disabled or something similar. Not to mention most peoples jobs don't pay 200$ a day. You should try understanding where people are coming from. Plus, it's a BETA. Only fools pay someone else to test their games for them. Which means with all your information, you still missed peoples point.

Well, fortunately the game is free. Completely free. Everyone is making it seem like you HAVE to pay to play or test this game. You don't. And it goes live for everyone. Did anyone pay to test? Nope. This is because it costs nothing for anyone to test the game. In fact the open Beta is only 16 days away as of this post. The open beta is completely free, just as the game is completely free. All pay items are purely cosmetic, meaning no one has to pay a single dime to progress or get the most out of Neverwinter. It's an awesome setup.

I did not pay to test. I paid a few bucks to get some cosmetic items because it fell well under my entertainment budget, and I did so as my own leisurely choice. If you think people are paying to test the game, you are very much mistaken. I know almost all of the other Founders I have spoken to have also acknowledged that they bought for the items, because they as well were comfortable doing so. Getting an early look at the game was only a small perk we got on the side. Does that give us some advantage over others? No. All of our characters will be wiped tonight, and we'll be starting on the same slate when everyone else does - for completely free.

Why is it people are so hurt because other people choose to support this game and feel confident about it? It's my money, not yours. I take pride in the fact that my money is helping keep the game absolutely free for my friends who cannot afford to pay anything. I have other reasons, too, but they are irrelevant here. The relevance is that we all have choices, and you are taking it personally and harshly because you refuse to see those choices. Is a game that you are not paying a dime for, nor intend to ever pay a dime for in the future, but still will play and enjoy fully and have access to all content that bad for you? If so, then I can point out another choice . . . find a game you DO like and . . . well . . . play it :)
  • Options
    bekamillbekamill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just bought the founders pack and got the game downloaded and I find that we can only play weekends. And from my understanding I missed the beta weekend?! So what about my money i just paid? am i going to get to play in he beta at all or did i miss everythinhg? Should I get my money back if I dont get to?
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013

Days wage , weeks wage, months wage. In the end who cares , u either have it to spare or you don't. It would seem some of you disabled or not fail to grasp the concept of what a company does, let me make it as simple as i can because I do have a brain injury and to me you seem the simplest of folk. Companies such as this exist to make one thing.......wait for it .......wait for it ......MONEY!!!! I know its a shock that they would want to turn profit from their hard work and investment, crazy some may say.

I currently study , so my income is terrible , I have a brain injury so I am disabled, I do not claim any benefit from this and as such my income remains terrible, where I am from this is equal to 1 weeks income. Now all that in mind so the kids cant cry murder, I still chose to spend the cash and get the $200 pack, I do not regret it because I understand why a company exists and PW and Cryptic provided other items that interested me in this pack other than just beta invites , hell i didn't buy it until just before beta 3 so I missed most of them. Now I'm not here slamming PW or Cryptic, I know what I purchased, as an avid gamer I have purchased many packs before ( use them to stop my brain from degrading in function ) and no doubt will in future.

Really some of you are just hurt that you chose to not spend the cash or place something else of higher value and as such you do not reap the benefit of those that have. HARDEN UP PRINCESS!!!! you should thank those of us that have put the money over the counter as it were , because we have ensured that this game will run for the first few months, and when you down load it for free remember that it was us that helped Cryptic and PW develop this game that for the record is amazing!!

There are freeloaders in all societies and cultures, online gaming culture is no different and we have clearly just identified ours.

See you on the 30th , i will be enjoying my 5 day head start that I paid for. and my race. and my mount. and my currency........you get the idea......
  • Options
    sirgrinchalotsirgrinchalot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just downloaded this...do i need anything else to play? do i have to pay to play or something?