test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited March 2013
    ctstew wrote: »
    I registered for the Beta Key for Nightwinter as soon as it was available and received an e-mail telling me that I was on the list. As of today I have not received any key or any message telling me why. I have learned to be very skeptical of game developers marketing a new games and asking for money up front. I see that paying players have access yet my key is no where in sight. And this game was promo'd to go live at the end of February 2013 and it is still doing Beta, sucking the blood out of players who can't seem to pay fast enough to get to the front of the line. As for me, I'd love to play but I'm stuck waiting for the games actual release. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Yeah, I signed up a while ago, and the only way I got into the beta was with a key from a giveaway. Kinda makes you wonder what the point is of signing up for a beta when it didn't mean anything. Do we get something when the release comes out maybe? A free character slot, companion, or mount? That'd be cool. Just wondering Devs - hint hint.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i was the same never got an email even saying there was a beta only knew from the net looking up some neverwinter lore even though i joined this place when it was still basically a pipe dream alot has changed since then
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    leefordleeford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I signed up a while ago, and the only way I got into the beta was with a key from a giveaway. Kinda makes you wonder what the point is of signing up for a beta when it didn't mean anything. Do we get something when the release comes out maybe? A free character slot, companion, or mount? That'd be cool. Just wondering Devs - hint hint.

What you signed up for was to be a "Closed Beta Tester" and you were not chosen.

The beta weekend key giveaways are for a different group of testers, more closely related to "Open Beta Testers"
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    I think we can all agree... we're ready for some more NW action.... =)
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2013

signing up doesn't mean u WILL get in, just that you are willing and wanting to test it for them, they then select a few. I didn't get in but my friend did, I purchased the $200 pack and was happy to have got in at all. It's testing , they don't need every one on or they may as well just release it. As for it being out end of Feb, they are focusing on the quality of the game, as much as I am dying to play it again, If its a matter or getting it right or it shutting down in 12 -24 months time then i dont care if it takes till dec to come out.
  • Options
    darkwolf42775darkwolf42775 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

Thats pretty low, we aren't even on the list at this point.

I clicked for beta the week it was announced.
    I waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.

look who cares u just want to wine and cry grow up or go back to ur mommy and cry to her u must be like 10 years old or lowwer in age !! Rofl!
  • Options
    darkwolf42775darkwolf42775 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    Why are all of u crying "grow up!"
  • Options
    sureshksureshk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still cant log in !
  • Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sureshk wrote: »
    Still cant log in !

Because the servers went down Sunday Night, perhaps?
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Calm down folks, all is well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • Options
    igorpetrovichigorpetrovich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This game very good, but in future need add any distance class, like: Archer, or Ranger, or Hunter, with any ranged weapons: Longbow, or Shortbow, or Crossbow, or Sling...

It will be very good!...

Thanks!
    Dungeons & Dragons
  • Options
    pythropythro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I need another beta fast. This game is so awesome!!! I finally find an MMO that i want to keep playing.
  • Options
    soulbladereaversoulbladereaver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    am i the only one who finds it funny that people are paying $200.00 to play for only a few days on what is already advertised as a FREE to play game.....

Smartest company ever getting testers to pay them instead of hiring more of their own testers lol:cool:
  • Options
    djmaxddjmaxd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    man i trying log in but a msg appear{account error,please click here for more information} can help ?
  • Options
    banex9banex9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    djmaxd wrote: »
    man i trying log in but a msg appear{account error,please click here for more information} can help ?

its cause beta is over for the moment just got to sit and wait for the next announcment for either open beta or yet any other betas
  • Options
    eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait to read the new official announcements regarding all next beta... the sooner the better :)

hope the game will be released soon as well
  • Options
    russcorussco Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is there plans for other beta weekends. If so, what are the dates?
  • Options
    daveybudderdaveybudder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will the toons we've worked on in beta be available during launch? Or are there going to be character wipes? Just wondering because I've come across too much confusion on this matter. Some people have said there will be, some people have said there wont be. Just looking for a definite answer. Anyone know forsure? Taking my confused self to the forums instead of in game chat finally...
  • Options
    natural20snatural20s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited March 2013
    I too would like to return to Neverwinter. Fingers are crossed for a launch. I didn't notice many bugs that couldn't be squashed in a post launch update.
    mkemtf.jpg
  • Options
    kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2013
    Will the toons we've worked on in beta be available during launch? Or are there going to be character wipes? Just wondering because I've come across too much confusion on this matter. Some people have said there will be, some people have said there wont be. Just looking for a definite answer. Anyone know forsure? Taking my confused self to the forums instead of in game chat finally...

There have been official posts that stated that characters will be wiped before launch. Atleast the closed beta chars, dont know if there will be an open beta but if there is an open beta they might not get wiped
  • Options
    nwnprednwnpred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This game very good, but in future need add any distance class, like: Archer, or Ranger, or Hunter, with any ranged weapons: Longbow, or Shortbow, or Crossbow, or Sling...

It will be very good!...

Thanks!
    do'not forget the monks as well
  • Options
    pensspenss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Monk is true ! The need fast add Monk :)
  • Options
    gamercygamercy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    * I will wait until they announce new info on Beta
  • Options
    mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gamercy wrote: »
    still no announcment :( I hope it even comes out this year or next ...

................ it's been three days

Seriously.. this thread might be for you.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    kylecaraway63090kylecaraway63090 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so if i buy one of the founders packs do i get to keep all these things when the game comes out and im alittle confused do i get access to the beta all the time or just on weekends when you say?
  • Options
    andymegahhandymegahh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want Beta Key
  • Options
    llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so if i buy one of the founders packs do i get to keep all these things when the game comes out and im alittle confused do i get access to the beta all the time or just on weekends when you say?

Yes, you keep all your items when the game comes out. Founder's pack items seem to be limited to one character, except the Bag (one per character) and mount (all characters share same type of mount). At least that's what I saw from beta 2. Founder's pack items were not available to us in bets 3.
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    llelowyn13 wrote: »
    Yes, you keep all your items when the game comes out. Founder's pack items seem to be limited to one character, except the Bag (one per character) and mount (all characters share same type of mount). At least that's what I saw from beta 2. Founder's pack items were not available to us in bets 3.

To be fair, the only item that is explicitly stated as "one per account" is the Adventurer's Helper Pack. So it's entirely possible that all those "fluff" items are available to all characters. Won't know until release I'm guessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ravenhyxravenhyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Its very unfair iv played dnd for 13 years mabe more finaly found a good game and ooo you didnt pay so your input means nothing to us thats like handing a kid a peace or candy leting him have it for a bit then telling him to spit it out.

i compleatly agree those who cant shell out the cash then told you go last thats messed up ever one shold be on the same lvl
  • Options
    gamercygamercy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    No I just want to know if I should wait for neverwinter or download Tera ... sorry if you misunderstood ... I wasn't complaining or crying

On the other hand I guess i'll wait for neverwinter since cryptic did a good job on STO :)