test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archives] Download Issues

Comments

• stauchstauch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited February 2013
    The client is available for download so the problem must be on your end, and unfortunately we can't say what the problem is unless we get to your computer and check it from there.

There is also no reason for them to restrict the downloading of the client itself since it's the account you use that actually determines if you can play it or not.
  • hedgehog8hedgehog8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was also sure that it must be on my side, but it worked during the last day of the free weekend(and I didn't change anything), that's what confuses me most.

There were 2 different versions to download, one is around 3 Gb (the link is on front page), but the other one can be accesed from a link in this thread(it's about 3.4 Gb).
    Here's a quote
    I'm sure the one that worked was the latter one, now it has no speed at all :/ What's the dirrerence between these 2 'clients' btw? The second one seems more 'updated', but why isn't it on official page then?

Anyway, right now I'm trying to download first one - the speed jumps from 0 to 0.03 kb, and there is some 'H' letter in the end (so it's like '0.00%, 0/3004MB, 0.00 KB/s H').
    What does this H mean?

Also, while I was typing it, I tried to start the second 'client' in parallel download - and after 5 min of silence it actually started at 100 kb/s. So the problem is mostly solved, except for one thing: why is the link for the client that is not working is on front download page, while the one that actually works is on 9th page in this thread? :/

PS Agh, it downloaded 30 MB and speed fell to 0 again :/ Like seriously, what the hell...

PPS 5 min passed, and there it goes again... OK, so it's like 1% with a 5 min break... well, still good, hope I'll get it to 100% before next beta weekend, thanks for help :D
  • stauchstauch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited February 2013
    I used the 3GB torrent and it only took me somewhere between 1-3 hours (don't remember that precisely) so from my end it does work. And just because it work at one point in time doesn't mean it will always work the same after that since there are just way too many variables involved, your ISP could have made changes for instance, or you don't connect to the same peers as last time. Just because you didn't change anything on the equipment that you control doesn't mean that something else didn't change that affects the speeds you can get.

Personally after some "extra" downloading my client is almost 5G in install size so I wouldn't worry about the two different install files since you will download some more through launcher. None of them are actually the full client.

As for the H flag, it means you got the peer through DHT.
  • talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well hedgehog8 all I can say is that here lately I have been downloading alot of games from PWE cause I am bored waiting for neverwinter, and all I can say if this helps u at all, is... That blacklight rettribution, forsaken world, and star trek online all downloaded at my normal 700kbps, with no probs at all. But I saw that I could download neverwinter and was like well sure might as well, right. It was downloading any where between 14kbps-200kbps, with an average of about 20 or maybe 50kbps. Which is just really slow, it took like 10 hours to download 3 gigs or maybe longer. Same with my wifes computer, so although some may say it has something to do on our end the only thing I can say to that is... is that cant b true for sure cause like I said I had no probs with many other games that came from the same company so.....
  • hedgehog8hedgehog8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for the information, I guess the developpers just put the 'Neverwinter' download on some smaller channel since beta is not 'live' now (which seems quite logical). Anyway, got about 50% so far, so I guess I'm good. Also thanks for telling about the actual size of the client, at least I won't be surprised if it has to download 1.5 more Gb after 'all is done'.
  • tazmania23tazmania23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i have 1 problem i cant update:(
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Okay, client downloaded and installed. No problems whatsoever.

The problem is, I can't log in. It displays my name in the upper right hand corner as if I'm already logged in. When I input my password, the bottom shows a message.

"Account error, please click here for information." The link leads me to this: http://nw.perfectworld.com/404?url=%2Fsupport%2Faccount_error

It makes little sense to let people that cannot access beta to download the game. It's more a "nyah-nyah, you can't have this" kinda move.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited February 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Okay, client downloaded and installed. No problems whatsoever.

The problem is, I can't log in. It displays my name in the upper right hand corner as if I'm already logged in. When I input my password, the bottom shows a message.

"Account error, please click here for information." The link leads me to this: http://nw.perfectworld.com/404?url=%2Fsupport%2Faccount_error

It makes little sense to let people that cannot access beta to download the game. It's more a "nyah-nyah, you can't have this" kinda move.

No one except devs has access to the 'playable' game at the moment if this helps to clear things out. Everyone who got the early 'access' are waiting for next friday, it is the closest 'beta weekend'. Another one is 2 weeks later, and then God knows when is the release.
    Download is working right now only to let people get the game, so on friday(again, not this friday, next one) we can start playing right away (well ,there might be a small new patch, but it's not the whole new client)
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My downlaod speed is slow. It has taken me about 13 hours to get to 2.98%. Is this my college's internet or am I doing something else wrong?
    2.jpg
  • malthar11malthar11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm getting an error in the patching phase:
    Error 31: A hog returned an error while trying to read.
    I don't think it's a local file because the process has no local files open.
    What is a hog, anyway?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    .HOG files are similar to .Zip files in that they are archives of files. Many applications, especially games, use .hog files or some other sort of archived file set-up. However, unlike .zip's, they're usually not compressed.
  • malthar11malthar11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sooo... Error 31?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    malthar11 wrote: »
    Sooo... Error 31?
    Aside from waiting for a Dev Tech to respond, all I could suggest is to either file an actual support ticket or reinstall.
  • azuremythrynazuremythryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got an alpha key yesterday. Registered it to my account and it shows as active on my account. But when I open the client I do not have a alpha option. I'm stuck loading up beta only and get "cannot connect to login server". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game client three times now.
  • sangkuhsangkuh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hello guys.. im newbie.. i must download NW client after lunching time? 8 March?or i can download NW client now and wait till lunching time then create ID? someone help me pls..
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sangkuh wrote: »
    hello guys.. im newbie.. i must download NW client after lunching time? 8 March?or i can download NW client now and wait till lunching time then create ID? someone help me pls..

Seeing as you have registered here you also have an ID for the game, it is the same as you use to login here.

If you can see a download option on the main page under 'the game' (for some reason it doesnt appear there while looking at the forums) you can download it now. Please be aware though that it is not an open beta right now and only specific groups of people can access the beta starting on the 8th. There is a forum post stickied up above somewhere with the info in it.
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited March 2013
    Downloading right now. Sooooo slow but =/
  • warbringer6warbringer6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm getting 4KB a second with BT in the UK, they must be throttling the download.
  • nafathnafath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Downloading the torrent right now and my dl speed finally picked up a little. I'm at a whopping 24.1 kb/s. That's progress. It was at .2 kb/s earlier today. It's taken over an hour to get 0.7% downloaded. At this rate I might have it downloaded, installed and patched by the time the beta weekend is over.
  • noctournous93noctournous93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    I see that this client is a different version from the one i downloaded 3 days ago.
    Do i have to re-install the client or will it patch itself if it is needed before the beta weekend?
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    It's odd the first run of this app stopped cold at 45.57% and stayed like that for about 30 minutes so I closed it and relaunched it and it scanned the files it already had and said it have lots more then the percentage it got stuck on.

So apparently there's a display issue with this installer where it continues downloading but stops the display of the actual total progress at certain points.

oh and the dl speed is horrendous is there someway to increase the bandwidth on their end? My DL speed is typically the higher internet connection package so everything else is downloading fine from everywhere else just this installer is slow as molasses. Thanks.
  • gil99999gil99999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is the most pitiful download speed I've ever experienced. The downloader stays on 0 for long periods then dl's a bit really slowly, then stops again, etc. I can usually get 3-5 mb/sec everywhere else but here, here's it's kb's, lol. I thought I went back in time to the 1980's when we had 300baud modems.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Just got the weekend Beta invite tonight. Chose the direct download of the installer. Launched it, it took it a good 10 minutes before it started to download.

Its working, but its only going at 100kbps or Less. Gonna be a loooong night of downloading heh.

Though i guess its to be expected, as im assuming all of the weekend invites went out at once, and your likely running the bare minimal hosting server bandwidth for the installer.
  • robdfarrobdfar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    IT was slow like this on the last weekend beta. you will have to wait until thursday they have posted that they are working on the servers so done get all upset it is slow. and dont use the torrent . do the direct download. it is much faster.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    robdfar wrote: »
    IT was slow like this on the last weekend beta. you will have to wait until thursday they have posted that they are working on the servers so done get all upset it is slow. and dont use the torrent . do the direct download. it is much faster.

Not upset =) just commenting that its slow on my end incase they tried to localize were to work on the 'slow-spots' at =)
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I see that this client is a different version from the one i downloaded 3 days ago.
    Do i have to re-install the client or will it patch itself if it is needed before the beta weekend?

Don't ever re-install! It's normal for a patch to change the version number. This patch is a big file though, must be full of goodness :).
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • muddsculpturemuddsculpture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Using regular download option not Torrent, but it is not working. I've been waiting for almost 20 mins now and I only see a very small download but now it has stopped entirely.

What is the issue?
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    gil99999 wrote: »
    This is the most pitiful download speed I've ever experienced. The downloader stays on 0 for long periods then dl's a bit really slowly, then stops again, etc. I can usually get 3-5 mb/sec everywhere else but here, here's it's kb's, lol. I thought I went back in time to the 1980's when we had 300baud modems.

Is there a way to get direct download faster? I mean it runs up from 50% to 89 or 95%simply *be quick*. I ask because I don't know is torrent faster?
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Is there a way to get direct download faster? I mean it runs up from 50% to 89 or 95%simply *be quick*. I ask because I don't know is torrent faster?
    Something usually interrupted my downloading in direct I read about post and I find TechSupport which told a link can be faster I'm not sure.What can I do to not be splitted every sec? Is there a way to save downloading process and continues late tomorrow if it won't download within 3 and a half hour?
    http://files.playneverwinter.com.s3....everwinter.exe is the launcher the same as Neverwinter Downloader?
    edited March 2013
    I ask the same can I save my downloading somehow or how do I speed this process I'm downloading it at first but its too slow?!
This discussion has been closed.