test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archives] Download Issues

Comments

• deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Uhh.... I now it is bad to say this, but I almost feel like people should compare program files.(Im not saying to go do it, but if we are allowed to it may help fix things.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    430 kb/s download.... what is this the dark ages?

Thats nothing I cant get but 220kb/s on a good day(today has not been a good day)

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aziteazite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe a Windows 8 problem?

Possibly, but running in compatibility mode doesn't work either.
  • battleandabatbattleandabat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ive tried basically everything in regards to downloading. the downloader will not go past 6% it crashes everytime. what should i do?
    edited February 2013
    ive tried basically everything in regards to downloading. the downloader will not go past 6% it crashes everytime. what should i do?

youve deleted EVERYTHING and restarted?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • battleandabatbattleandabat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah and wont dl past 6.57 % without crashing 16kb/s then stopps
  • xan01xan01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I cant even download the client.... The dl page still says coming soon and the direct and torrent buttons cant be clicked. I've logged in and out and also deleted my cookies. Does using firefox instead of ie or something matter at all cause Im grasping at straws -_- Edit: the link posted above in the forum seems to be downloading now. *keeps fingers crossed*
  • sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to hear that.. I am using Firefox and i got it to download.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xan01xan01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well got it all downloaded and installed now when I log in to try to patch Im getting an "account error please click here" pop up.
  • squiggenssquiggens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have used that install as well xan01 with the same result. When I contacted PW support I got a reply telling me that the beta has not started and that may be why the error is occuring. Thats all they gave me for an answer.

The launcher is telling me that I am logged in because it has my user name at the top next to the server status which has a green dot that I assume means they are on? I dont know if there is any further patching to be done from the install. I guess I will wait till the beta starts and see what happens.

Just for comparison my installed game file size is 3.3Gb and the neverwinter.exe version is 2013.1.30.2015.
  • obscuraenobscuraen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    xan01 wrote: »
    So I cant even download the client.... The dl page still says coming soon and the direct and torrent buttons cant be clicked. I've logged in and out and also deleted my cookies. Does using firefox instead of ie or something matter at all cause Im grasping at straws -_- Edit: the link posted above in the forum seems to be downloading now. *keeps fingers crossed*
    Same here. My account says I have the pack, but no download button. However, the direct download link seems to be working. So many thanks to the poster who linked it!
    edited February 2013
    Ok so yall know the trouble Ive had, well know it wont stop "patching" (all I have done is installed it and download patches). Its like its searching for a patch that doesnt exist

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ipunketteipunkette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All I get is a blue screen when I try to launch the game. What can I do about that?
  • trigaatrigaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Right my down loader is moving at about 35kb a sec.
    Really? Is this the kind of band width you devoted to this? Its going to take till Sunday just to get the game installed. And then no time left to play.

my connection can download from steam at about 800kb a sec. so my connection is much faster than this.

why did I buy the founders pack.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    trigaa wrote: »
    Right my down loader is moving at about 35kb a sec.
    Really? Is this the kind of band width you devoted to this? Its going to take till Sunday just to get the game installed. And then no time left to play.

my connection can download from steam at about 800kb a sec. so my connection is much faster than this.

why did I buy the founders pack.
    Could be a router relay problem between you and Cali, I would try closing and reloading the launcher and hope you get hopped through to a different relay hub. It could be this, the snow storm, or just server load (or all of these), playing a part.

At 35 kb/s... I would definitely try closing it and relaunching it a few times to see if you can get a better rate.

Also, from the Sticky:
    Q: I'm seeing an issue with the downloader and/or downloading.
    A: Please allow inbound connections on port 6881. For an even better performance, please open up port range 6881 to 7000.

Q: I'm having trouble patching. Is there something I can do?
    A: Please check your firewall and computer for the following and make sure these ports are open:

IP range: 208.95.184.0/22
    Ports: TCP/7000-7500

There is no need to forward inbound ports, only outbound connections need to work.
  • pete7729pete7729 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've tried everything but currently downloading at 6.67 KB/s. Quite frustrating having paid the cash.
  • glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had no problem down loading and installing the game - had no problem patching until this last patch before BETA it's so slow - I have a 60 mbit cable connection and am downloading at 670 kbits !
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Download is very slow. Around 100 or 200 kbits with the torrent for me, might be able to play in three hours...
    edited February 2013
    Im still trying to get it working

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinbluetinblue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Come on! Can we have some alternate downloads please. Torrent and Direct Download just aren't working.

Ignore me. It was a port router issue. Fixed.

Still stupidly slow though!

4.9kb/s See you in a few months.
  • emperorspankemperorspank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Downloader only downloading between 15 seconds and 5 mins then drops to 0.000KB/s and dosent work again. Then need to close the downloader and restart (using the Direct download) been downloading since about 5pm (GMT) today. all working at this end...?

Seems a bit brutal as I cannot leave the pc for more than a few minutes before I have to restart the download.. what a long night. To compound the problem just to strat the download again takes about 8 minutes (scanning and loading exe files)
  • tinbluetinblue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Considering what I paid for the Founders Pack I think this company could have done a lot better than this poor effort.
  • emperorspankemperorspank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thats me downloaded another 1% :-) anyone got the same problem? if so any solutions appart from lots of patience
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Usually the issue is on the user's end by a port not opened or a router reset needed. A majority of people are downloading fast with no issue.

Q: I'm seeing an issue with the downloader and/or downloading.
    A: Please allow inbound connections on port 6881. For an even better performance, please open up port range 6881 to 7000.

A: Please check your firewall and computer for the following and make sure these ports are open:

There is no need to forward inbound ports, only outbound connections need to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the ideas..... thanks for the quick reply. :-) Chatting to my mates in game at mo and having a few drinks so hopefully will join them soon.
  • lagrohtlagroht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My DL doesn't exceed 1 KB/s, yer customer support ain't helping either..

So much for the expensive founder pack :sad:
  • lagrohtlagroht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tinblue wrote: »
    Considering what I paid for the Founders Pack I think this company could have done a lot better than this poor effort.

Same issues here and a support division that even doesn't reply anymore... though I might have become a bit unfriendly to them :evilgrin:
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Usually the issue is on the user's end by a port not opened or a router reset needed. A majority of people are downloading fast with no issue.

"Q: I'm seeing an issue with the downloader and/or downloading.

There is no need to forward inbound ports, only outbound connections need to work."

Having the same problem, very slow download. Tried this and still slow.

Nevermind, I just disabled my firewall and the rate fluctuates between 350 and 450 kb/s
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
    edited February 2013

There is no excuse that your company chose to use Torrent as a distribution method. Some people simply cannot get their routers to play and even some ISP's in the UK throttle Torrent traffic. So bad call ripley.. bad call.

Maybe you could provide some fast direct downloads. I mean you have had enough money from me to justify it.

P.S I have all ports diverting to my private IP. My router is not blocking anything.
    edited February 2013
    Its still not working for me, 19hrs since the start and still not a step further.
This discussion has been closed.