test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archives] Download Issues

Comments

• Options
    medievalfantasymedievalfantasy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really wish they'd fix the issue with the downloader.... I constantly have to keep canceling it, reopening it, and hope it goes up more than 2%. It's currently at 79%. Slowly but surely getting there. And yeah, the downloader does slow down my web browser, too.
  • Options
    elcymerianelcymerian Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had to download through the STO launcher because the website link was down. Seemed to download fine. Brings up a log in screen, try connecting using my account (assumed it's the same as STO since I have a lifetime sub there AND CO) and I get the message "Connection to account server timed out."

What do I do?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Way too infuriating. Beta should be extended a day or two for all these problems they have, with number one being the terrible downloader. I'm at 95% and it keeps stopping there. 5 more ****ing percent.... Pardon my language, but this is just a little b*ll****.
  • Options
    skubiaszskubiasz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't use torrents at student house, so decided for direct download. Still, everytime I'm trying to get this 2mb application, it freeze at 50%.

Can anyone throw this app on some hosting site or sent me an email (info on PW).
  • Options
    bloodbraybloodbray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Also got the bug where a file was locked i startet the game with admin rights now it works
  • Options
    temuchin9999temuchin9999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unsure if I have a download problem--have downloaded/reinstalled a dozen times. Most of the time I get error message telling me I've failed to register with game explorer. Either way, my log-in screen in non-responsive. Server status is a red dot. looks like another missed beta weekend.
  • Options
    lukeninelukenine Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stuck on patching help
  • Options
    icefyer2icefyer2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For some strange reason, each and every time it tries to patch, it starts trying to patch and immediately causes my computer to bluescreen. I've tried both compatibility mode and administrator.
  • Options
    mightyslashmightyslash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was getting the same blue screen. Now when I run the patcher I get "A hog returned an error while trying to read." Can we get some insight on this. I've had nothing but problems since yesterday and haven't gotten to play once.
  • Options
    xykalxykal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "I was getting the same blue screen. Now when I run the patcher I get "A hog returned an error while trying to read." Can we get some insight on this. I've had nothing but problems since yesterday and haven't gotten to play once."

Same exact thing is happening to me...
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    using the Neverwinter Downloader, getting speeds of 30Kb/s .... seriously come on. Also my ISP throttles Torrents because of piraters. Getting 45Kb/s with Torrent.

Any alternative downloads up? I have 50Mb fibre...
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    icefyer2icefyer2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, you guys are rather lucky. I'm still bluecreening the moment it tries to receive the files to patch.
  • Options
    chapel29chapel29 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stuck on 98.06% whats up with the downloader is it down or something
  • Options
    wownathan12wownathan12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i need help i have installed this game two times and did all the patches for the launcher and a hole differnt game pops up champions online may i get some help so i can try to play
  • Options
    vlaknhavlaknha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    to melanderi:

I downloaded the game normally had some difficulty patching but it resolved after a few minutes. Now when I enter the game there is whole different story. The game crashes with a message "server not responding" I have follow all the instructions on your link, called my ISP, flush my dns, open the ports, disconnect my router, open the ports on the program itself, run as administrator and I am still getting the error message. I was able to play fine early in the morning at 7:00 AM but last night and now it wont let me connect and if I connect it will freeze and kick me out in 2 or 3 minutes. I appreciate any assistance you can provide.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, thanks to the downloader, I never got to play beta. What a waste. It got to 97%, but just wouldn't budge after that. Terrible handling by PW on this matter, and is making even considering supporting this game if they can't even make a downloader work.
  • Options
    chapel29chapel29 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i feel your pain medievalfantasy (98.87% 2940/2974mb 0.00kb/s h) spent most of the weekend tryin but the downloader just dies:(
  • Options
    terrormedterrormed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I started downloading the client this morning and left my computer running while I was at work. It started with acceptable ~420kb/s. I thought this will be finished as I get back but it got only to 80%. The dl-rate dropped to ~25 kb/s and sometimes while was working next to my computer it dropped even to 0kb/s! No other device is on the line at the moment. Will it finish till open beta or release? ^^

I have no beta access and I know I can't play right now but I thought I add on more detailed bug report. :-)

cya
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Are they even going to address this problem? Seriously, this is bull****. I got another key for beta 3, and I really hope this installs by March 22. It's stuck at 97.63% and doesn't seem to be budging. Will it eventually start up again if I just leave it?
  • Options
    auroraeinzoxauroraeinzox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    We see that quite a number of people are having problems with their downloads. Beta weekend is also fast approaching. Thus, we have uploaded the game client files on our own Guild site for people to download. You can download the game client files simultaneously. Download speed up to 5MB/s with internet download manager (IDM). To download, simply head to http://einsofgaming.com/nw/downloads

Hope it helps. See you guys in game. :)
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    We see that quite a number of people are having problems with their downloads. Beta weekend is also fast approaching. Thus, we have uploaded the game client files on our own Guild site for people to download. You can download the game client files simultaneously. Download speed up to 5MB/s with internet download manager (IDM). To download, simply head to http://einsofgaming.com/nw/downloads

This works great. Extract and enjoy.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    mortarionxmortarionx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I started out at a respectable 800 Kb/s now it's 0.0 Kb/s :eek:. Been like this for several hours. I tried the torrent and the utorrent and Bit Torrent both said it was invalid benchcoding. =/ How are both downloads down?

*Praise the Internet Gods! My DL speed went up to 18 Kb/s :p

*Even more praise for the Internet Gods! My download has gone up to 200 Kb/s.

*300 Kb/s! I shall sacrifice a small kitten to the Internet Gods as a token of thanks!
  • Options
    mhtdzmhtdz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

can't access your site man. :(
    5.jpg
  • Options
    renagadzrenagadz Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    just downloader the client and yeah download is pish poor terrible bot even utilizing my full or at least some extent of my download speed , i have a 2.7MB/s download and its ranging from 100KB/s to 500KB/s never going above 700 even if it is for a sec
    BLR-Signature-2_zpsypz8mcxt.png
    Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. (-Lao Tzu-)
  • Options
    auroraeinzoxauroraeinzox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited March 2013
    mhtdz wrote: »
    can't access your site man. :(

Not sure what is going on on your end but there are no problems with the site. People are able to access and download the files. Maybe you can try again later. :\
  • Options
    viiinhviiinh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Both torrent and direct not working for me.
  • Options
    blakeasheartblakeasheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't redeem my code for the beta on the site. When I open the page it gives me a error message. What is it? Is there another way to redeem the code?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am currently downloading the patch but it is stuck at 81.9 and has been there for about 20 minutes now. What should I do? Cancle it and restart? Or will that mess everything up?
    Please advise.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    xxstdeathxxxxstdeathxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey I'm downloading the torrent version of the installer and it's moving really slow. Is there anyway someone can seed it?
  • Options
    shmel888shmel888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello! Sorry for my broken English I'm from Ukraine)) If you have slow download speed loader is a client to do the following: Turn off the firewall in the windows and if you use nod32 firewall off, too, and that's what we get 78ac9e8804e3.jpg

at the moment I have the speed now 4000+ КВ\s

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.