test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archives] Download Issues

sargunxsargunx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The torrent download isn't working, at least for me.

edit: I get the error: "Error: WriteToDisk: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
... But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand ...
... a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere ...
6qdIqcH.png
... Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away ...
... and gave the land light!
Post edited by sargunx on

Comments

• Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    mine still says download alpha
  • Options
    wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    Launcher crashes everytime I try to run it. It worked last night and patched, I was just trying to see if it still worked.
  • Options
    sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So the other way to download is not good?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I suspect you should clear history/cookies on your browser and see if that doesn't help mandodo.
    Edit: sargunx, i'll bet rebooting fixes this issue
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    I suspect you should clear history/cookies on your browser and see if that doesn't help mandodo.
    Edit: sargunx, i'll bet rebooting fixes this issue
    deleted cookies cache and history and then reloaded and it didnt work
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Working so far, it is 48% Downloaded
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I did the one from last night and its pached up to the 6th and i can get in the game (cant play of course) so should i just stick with this one?
  • Options
    dzungiefdzungief Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Hey guys,

We've posted some information that will probably help with downloading, installing, and playing the game.

You can find it over on the Tech Support forum:

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7241
  • Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I downloaded it, installed it, and patched it up without any issues. I also have the client from the URL hack installed and both seem to co-exist peacefully for now.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    arythor wrote: »
    I downloaded it, installed it, and patched it up without any issues. I also have the client from the URL hack installed and both seem to co-exist peacefully for now.
    I have the "/torrent" one too so i guess its ok.

Mods?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    I have the "/torrent" one too so i guess its ok.

Mods?
    am i supposed to get an e mail?
  • Options
    sargunxsargunx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Apparently somebody just turned the torrent server on, so it's working now. Just had to wait fifteen minutes. I'm downloading normally since it's faster but I'll download the torrent and seed for people as well.
    6qdIqcH.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    my launcher says server matinence the 6th to the 8th so if anybody is seeing this too after downloading it today then i have the right one.
  • Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    An email should be arriving shortly with more info. I'd remove the previous installation, since it's just taking up space.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    An email should be arriving shortly with more info. I'd remove the previous installation, since it's just taking up space.
    yeah im just wondering cuz my download page says to download the alpha. Is this correct?
  • Options
    ezrdrezrdr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    EDIT: Nevermind it is working now.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ezrdr wrote: »
    I have an email telling me to download it now but when I go to the link provided on my PC it doesn't work (link is greyed out). However, when I go to the link from Safari on my iPhone it works just fine...but of course I can't download it to my iPhone!
    i've still yet to get an e mail
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    i've still yet to get an e mail

If you go to the DL page it is not there for you?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

I wouldn't worry about the email. Since you are Guardian you should be good to go, right?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ezrdr wrote: »
    If you go to the DL page it is not there for you?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

I wouldn't worry about the email. Since you are Guardian you should be good to go, right?
    it says download the ALPHA not BETA
  • Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It's the same link that was just emailed to me today. i suspect the writing was not yet updated, that's all :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    it says download the ALPHA not BETA

I need reading for dummies 101, whoops :/ Before I got the email these links for direct DL and Torrent were not present. Then after I received the email and went into the site they were there so I assumed it was the right client. Guess I will wait and see how this all plays out. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    it's been a while and everybody got there e mails but me
  • Options
    edgecuttedgecutt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it's been a while and everybody got there e mails but me
    I haven't gotten one either but the download is working fine for me so far.
  • Options
    doubledigglerdoublediggler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Installed, Patched, and ready to rock! (or smite, or swing, or stab, etc...)

Now what am I to do for the next 40ish hours? :)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Regarding the direct link some people in beta used earlier:

The CM got back to us. The link is to an older client and could cause conflicts and corruptions. DO NOT use it. Downloads should be available properly by the end of today if properly eligible for beta with the correct steps for downloading. Check your email registered to the account/purchase.

That's all the CM told us today. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't know if this counts as an issue, but at one point I was downloading (torrent) at about 11 megabytes per second and now I'm down to about 200 kbs. I'm not sure which is supposed to be the standard here ;p
    6qdIqcH.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ok if the above link is the correct for the download then it says I already have it from yesterday.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    is this the version for the torrent? Neverwinter NW.1.20130128a.2
  • Options
    daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah the torrent link and client link are the same thing that was downloaded through the workaround. dunno why they told us to uninstall it.
This discussion has been closed.