test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well met, now ask me anything!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everybody!

The name's Sominator, and I'm your new neighborhood friendly Community Manager for Neverwinter. I'm excited to meet all of you here on our forums, and of course, adventure with you in-game!

Feel free to use this thread to ask me anything you like, within reason. ;) And let me know if I or our spectacular moderator team can be of assistance with anything!

Cheers, and let's make ours the best and most Neverwinter-y community out there on the interwebs! :D
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Howdy howdy!!!!!! Can I get drunk in Neverwinter... if Not I will just get drunk at home

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    freekimdotcomfreekimdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    It's an unhealthy practice to assume. That being said, do you play video games? If yes, how often do you plan on playing Neverwinter Online?
  • Options
    ocrambosocrambos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome, Sir Sominator!

Two questions if you don't mind,

Do you plan on playing the game yourself? If so, as what?

And something people've been wondering about concerning the drow race being exclusive to 'founders' the first 60 days.. do you know if both the hero of the north as guardian pack get the race? Or just the hero pack? (both classified as founder packs)

P.S Personally don't care, elves stink!
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have you played the "Neverwinter Nights" and "Neverwinter Nights 2" games?
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    maciejwafelmaciejwafel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are there any plans for introducing the bard class in Neverwinter MMO?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @bobcat1313 =)
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Howdy howdy!!!!!! Can I get drunk in Neverwinter... if Not I will just get drunk at home

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I heard that there is a Foundry Alpha from CerberusFilms, also, Rob Overmeyer told us he was looking for people who want in the Foundry Alpha, well could you get me in that(I really want to test it a lot and put out great content).

Also are you a volunteer or a hired guy?
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    I also second the question about the drow exclusivity for the first 60 days. Are they exclusive to just the Hero of the North pack buyers, or will Guardians have access to them too?
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • Options
    sabatoshsabatosh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello and congrats. Plus do you like toast?
  • Options
    rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

:)
    Feel free to use this thread to ask me anything you like, within reason. ;)

Not sure if you can answer my questions, as one is technical and the others may not be finalized yet. ...

Q: Does Neverwinter support triple monitor?

Q: After I've made an adventure in the Foundry can I update it?
    (Like say someone suggests an improvement or finds a bug.)

Q: Can players who have rated my adventures with x stars and y comment edit their stars and comments?
    (As above, say I changed it and they want to revise stars or comments.)

Q: Assuming the Foundry is accessable this next beta weekend, will my adventure(s) be wiped after the weekend or will they stay open for alpha players and other future beta weekend players to play?
  • Options
    darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    Welcome Sominator :)
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    vixisyn wrote: »
    I also second the question about the drow exclusivity for the first 60 days. Are they exclusive to just the Hero of the North pack buyers, or will Guardians have access to them too?

when did they say that, I thought only Menzobarren Renegade was exclusive
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @freekimdotcom YES. I'm a huge gamer, with a background in MMOs. And I'll be playing Neverwinter all the time! ;)
    It's an unhealthy practice to assume. That being said, do you play video games? If yes, how often do you plan on playing Neverwinter Online?
  • Options
    rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I heard that there is a Foundry Alpha

I'd love to get into Alpha for that too if possible. I have several ideas. :)

Though I have a feeling what you heard is that alpha players made foundry content, not that there was special access for players to get into it. :(
  • Options
    mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    will the chairs be sit-able?

its better for rp even WoW has that option
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ocrambos tyvm!

You bet, I'll be playing the game all the time! I usually gravitate towards sneaky classes, so my main will probably be a Trickster Rogue. ;)

As for the Founder's pack exclusives, we haven't announced anything about this yet, but thanks for the feedback!

ocrambos wrote: »
    Welcome, Sir Sominator!

Two questions if you don't mind,

Do you plan on playing the game yourself? If so, as what?

And something people've been wondering about concerning the drow race being exclusive to 'founders' the first 60 days.. do you know if both the hero of the north as guardian pack get the race? Or just the hero pack? (both classified as founder packs)

P.S Personally don't care, elves stink!
  • Options
    roblhoblroblhobl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q: When users donate for my Foundry scenarios, where does the money go? To my Bank/PayPal, or is it converted into Zen? Or wha?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I thought only Menzobarren Renegade was exclusive

I asked for clarification on that on the Facebook page a week or so ago. It was implied that the background of Menzobarren Renegade is "exclusive" and others can't get it, but that anyone could unlock Drow as a race. (Though it was not stated if that would be unlockable at launch.)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @matixzon yeah! Both of them, including some expansions and mods. The original is on my top 3 games of all time.
    matixzon wrote: »
    Have you played the "Neverwinter Nights" and "Neverwinter Nights 2" games?
  • Options
    lucianolima1990lucianolima1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello Sominator,
    How are ya?

First, cheers from Brazil (yay!), and sorry for bad english, as not native language. ):
    Now questions:

About wizards, I've always loved D&D for the possibility of having all those different spells (even some wich wasn't all that useful, anyway). How will it be on NWNO? Theres some idea of how many spells will we have?

About feats, I've seen (and Jesus, how many videos I've seen) on many videos that the Feats will work very different from previous D&D games, where you can choose (wrong sometimes) freely your Feats, while on NWNO (as far as I can tell) seems like you'll have to choose "pre defined" Feats. Doesn't it kill a little bit the ideia of it? And about Metamagic Feats (I loved those)?

Thats for all now, but I'll think about more questions later. :D
    Thanks and "Obrigado". (:
  • Options
    darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    you wouldn't happen to know when we will get out Star Trek Online Lifetime Beta keys? With only 2 weeks left for beta weekend 2 its cutting it a bit close :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    roblhobl wrote: »
    Q: When users donate for my Foundry scenarios, where does the money go? To my Bank/PayPal, or is it converted into Zen? Or wha?

Unoficiall reply - I believe that is in Astral Diamonds, which you can then choose to convert to Zen. I don't believe there is a way to get money 'out' of the game. It stays Astral Diamonds (in Neverwinter) or Zen (in Perfect World).
  • Options
    hametehamete Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question: During the upcoming Beta weekend are you planning on toning down the pace of the leveling system? I was not in it but I did watch the first look by mmohut and by the end of the tutorial segment.. which was not long. He was already several levels into the game.

Question: Will foundry be run as a separate downloadable program compared to the game itself? IE: Someone who doesn't like to make dungeons can just download the game and play in them as opposed to downloading the 'extra files' required. or vice versa (however silly that may sound). I, for one, will be doing both, but I am curious.
  • Options
    serdeviserdevi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I have one question that has led me to going to the website many times xD is there an official date for open beta yet? Or do you have a feeling? I recall something about it being late last year was the approx then I think it got changed to Q1 of this year. And with these beta weekends it's looking like it won't be out until may or june maybe :< I'm just curious if there is an actual date or time period you're confident of saying the game will be available for everyone. Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    noctournous93noctournous93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited February 2013
    I do think that a LOT of people are looking for an answer to this:

After the recent change to the FAQ section where it is stated that
    "Please note that the Drow will only be available for Founder's Pack purchasers for at least 60 days after launch."
    The title "Founders Pack" include both of the founder packages or only the hero of the north?
    As this is not yet made clear, i am pretty sure that the community would love a clear and straight response to this.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @maciejwafel we haven't yet announced anything beyond the classes on our Extended FAQ.

The Bard is one of my favorite D&D classes, particularly 3.5 Bard!
    Are there any plans for introducing the bard class in Neverwinter MMO?
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Feel free to use this thread to ask me anything you like, within reason. ;)
    Awwww.:p

Welcome to the forums. Good luck!:D
  • Options
    thealltrueistthealltrueist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if this question falls under your area, but I'm most interested in how respecs will work, especially given the practice of slowly releasing classes. Thanks!
  • Options
    toxicchemicalstoxicchemicals Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited February 2013
    What ever happened to sixrax
  • Options
    fredrikfronkfredrikfronk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi and congratulations on your new post :)

I have a couple of questions, first being:
    How big do the zones get later in the game?, because the zones i played through during the first Weekend felt quite small and linear, granted that was only up to level 30, but still, how much bigger/open do they get?

Second question is:
    How long after launch do you expect there will be a ranged non-magical class? (ranger/hunter/marksman/scout etc..)

Third and final question is:
    What with the game being great for people who want to create their own content (Foundry) and being able to customize the UI alot (Placement/Scale), Will you be supportive of Addon creators?, This is something i feel is a very big part of what keeps an MMO fresh for a very long time, and it's something that i sorely miss from other games i play.

Thanks for your time, and i look forward to reading the completed AMA once it's done =).

EDIT: How come it says "PWE User" under my forum name when i purchased the Hero of The North founders pack?
This discussion has been closed.