test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well met, now ask me anything!

Comments

• sundraconsundracon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    @sundracon the Extended FAQ will be the best bet for the most up-to-date infos on races. Also, FIND THE HALFLING!
    Hmm... my halfing greatweapon fighter senses an ill omen. Though they are quite small...
    [SIGPIC]Gayme 0n[/SIGPIC]
    Rhun, Halfing Fighter of the Greater Weapons
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @remris all great questions! There is an events system in place that allows players to engage in dynamic content, from skirmishes and contests to dungeon delves and PvP. You can find more info on the Extended FAQ.

As for your other questions, we haven't announced anything yet but stay tuned. :)
    remris wrote: »
    Afternoon Sominator, thank you very much for putting up with us today. I actually have a few questions I'm sure everybody else has in mind so here they are.

1. Is there any plans in the future to implement a dynamic event system that helps bring together players to unite against a difficult challenge and or fun activity that doesn't involve kill X / gather Y?

2. Will there be a sense of exploration? For instance you're out exploring and you come across a lore book like a slain adventurer with a diary or discover hidden artifacts that you can collect on your adventure? Sort of like an achievement system.

3. Lastly which this is kind of a fragmented question but will there be a cosmetic outfit system like we've seen in Lotro, rift and everquest? Also will the existing classes Neverwinter has now have split paths say a guardian fighter can choose to go full flat out full tank as they are now, or choose a path that allows you to dual wield or allow some assortment of viable weapons available for them as opposed to being restricted to sword/shield?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited February 2013
    @invictam thanks! Our official word on this is "sometime in early 2013." :)
    invictam wrote: »
    hello, and congrats. my question: do we have an estimate release date? i dont need an exact date, just a q2 2013 time frame will be enough. Also, after the 2nd scheduled beta week end is there a plan to make a beta test that will run 24/7 until the release of the game?
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited February 2013
    @dragonfish 42.
    dragonfish wrote: »
    What is the answer to life, the universe and everything?
    edited February 2013
    @thejoshfrost we haven't said anything official yet, other than it's going to be awesome! :)
    Q: Any idea what kind of PvP system will be in the game? Large scale battlegrounds like Guild Wars 2 or smaller like the arena's in WoW?
  • psychotic6psychotic6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q: Will Neverwinter stick with only Beta weekends or will they ever do surprise 4 to 8 hour events during the beta?

Q: I didn't get to play in Beta weekend 1, Do obtain new abilities and damage spells as I level or is it based on the weapons I use like GW2 and there is no customizing my actionbar?
  • szaaszaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heya, welcome and congrats :).
    I am Sza of Aesir Online Community - Gaming

One of the biggest swedish/norwegian online gaming communities - visit us at www.aoc-gaming.se
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    Welcome dude.... here's to everybody asking you questions to death and bringing their problems that you cant solve to your door.
    I'm just kidding welcome dude!
  • warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Welcome sominator. I would like to ask why I still dont have Guardian title since I have the guardian pack.
  • hametehamete Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @hamete we haven't said anything yet about the leveling system...but as for the Foundry, much like with STO, you can expect to access the Foundry in-game. ;)

Ah well thanks for answering my second question. I can understand the hesitation to release information that is not public yet. My quest was probably a bit unclear to be fair. I am an actual dnd player and I've been really concerned with the level of hand holding/easy mode type of mentality that is shown in the development of a great deal of games recently. My question should be clarified to something like this
    "The Leveling feature seems excessive and very quickly paced. Will it be slowed down upon the next beta weekend or before released to involve a higher sense of satisfaction upon leveling? IE: Hells yes I just hit lv 7 out of 20."

Again though, I really don't expect you to tell me things you guys cant. Just happy I'm allowed to ask and hope you guys consider my point of view. Thanks!
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hail and well met Sominator!

I have a question: Is the dungeon queing system only open and available during the Dungeon Delving calender blocs? I was unable to do Cragmire Crypts during beta and the system kept telling me I had no available queues to join at the time. I hope this was a bug (reported it as much) but if not, I feel it is extremely wrong to limit the timeframes when players can utilyze the queue system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • tommytwotalltommytwotall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Early 2012....I like the sound of it.
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    hamete wrote: »
    IE: Hells yes I just hit lv 7 out of 20."

Are you unaware that it's going to be 60 levels? So for a pen and paper comparison you'd have to divide all Neverwinter numbers by 3. Or I guess 2 if you are going with the newer-school Epic of 20-30.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    warbr wrote: »
    Welcome sominator. I would like to ask why I still dont have Guardian title since I have the guardian pack.

Go to User CP at the top (below the banner) and then to Permission Groups on the left side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey everybody!

The name's Sominator, and I'm your new neighborhood friendly Community Manager for Neverwinter. I'm excited to meet all of you here on our forums, and of course, adventure with you in-game!

Feel free to use this thread to ask me anything you like, within reason. ;) And let me know if I or our spectacular moderator team can be of assistance with anything!

Cheers, and let's make ours the best and most Neverwinter-y community out there on the interwebs! :D

Are you at Twitter yet? (I understand if you aren't) - and will PWEBranFlakes be renamed to STOBranFlakes as he should? (Rhetorical question! LOL)

Welcome and congratulations. Just looking for a way to "follow" you so to stay up-to-date without trying to hunt-down your comments and answers to questions, etc.
  • warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Go to User CP at the top (below the banner) and then to Permission Groups on the left side.
    Thx so much.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I PMed you. You can PM me about it whenever you get time
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The answer is 42.

Just stopping in the say, "Hi Sominator!!" and HA! I saw this Ambisinisterr. :D YES!! Someone knows! :D
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, NW_CrypticDev, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey everybody!

The name's Sominator, and I'm your new neighborhood friendly Community Manager for Neverwinter. I'm excited to meet all of you here on our forums, and of course, adventure with you in-game!

Feel free to use this thread to ask me anything you like, within reason. ;) And let me know if I or our spectacular moderator team can be of assistance with anything!

Cheers, and let's make ours the best and most Neverwinter-y community out there on the interwebs! :D

Welcome to the team!
  • walkerwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    no idea if you can answer this BUT!

there is a race in D&D called Dragonborn and we know this is not in for launch.... but is it still addable or will this red flag anything with Bethesda Softworks (I know I know Dragonborn is D&D staple but sue happy society is sue happy)
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    walker wrote: »
    no idea if you can answer this BUT!

there is a race in D&D called Dragonborn and we know this is not in for launch.... but is it still addable or will this red flag anything with Bethesda Softworks (I know I know Dragonborn is D&D staple but sue happy society is sue happy)

DnD 4.0 was out before Skyrim, and the Race is completely different from Skyrim's Dragonborn, as far as it getting in-game, it is the favorite race of many of the devs so I dont doubt we will see it
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eledaareledaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome to the forums, som! (May I call you som?)

Please, if you are in on any of these "discussions", please let them know that there are a great many people (including myself) who signed up mere days after NW was put up on the Perfect World site for beta, who have not yet recieved beta keys - (BTW, for reference that was TWO YEARS of waiting) - Please do something for those of us who have been waiting forever - it's cruel not to. I think that PW, and Cryptic respect the fact that we have waited so long, don't they?
  • hametehamete Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are you unaware that it's going to be 60 levels? So for a pen and paper comparison you'd have to divide all Neverwinter numbers by 3. Or I guess 2 if you are going with the newer-school Epic of 20-30.

Actually I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. My point still remains a bit valid. I admit though the idea of high levels makes me a bit sad. Levels in tabletop meant something. So having a the upper half of 100 these days makes levels somewhat... meaningless. Granted this is all dependent on how they determine the value of levels. If having a difference in 2 levels between you and a mob is worthless then I'll be a bit sad. 2 levels used to be an almost guaranteed death sentence.
  • bobdobbsbobdobbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    eledaar wrote: »
    Welcome to the forums, som! (May I call you som?)

Please, if you are in on any of these "discussions", please let them know that there are a great many people (including myself) who signed up mere days after NW was put up on the Perfect World site for beta, who have not yet recieved beta keys - (BTW, for reference that was TWO YEARS of waiting) - Please do something for those of us who have been waiting forever - it's cruel not to. I think that PW, and Cryptic respect the fact that we have waited so long, don't they?

I paid 60$ to get into the beta, AND have been signed up since day one, if you are that excited to play it, do what the rest of us did and PAY to support this great title.
  • walkerwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    DnD 4.0 was out before Skyrim, and the Race is completely different from Skyrim's Dragonborn, as far as it getting in-game, it is the favorite race of many of the devs so I dont doubt we will see it

I know they are completely different but after the Scrolls issue im worried that any word will set them off
  • kazwarhammerkazwarhammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ill diffenitly be playing in Beta and launch, so ill be happy to help/assist with fellow players like i do in the mumble server community of games " STO, TOR, GW2, D&D," with my fellow guildmates, would also like to be a helper in the forums too if that is also possible.
  • eledaareledaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bobdobbs wrote: »
    I paid 60$ to get into the beta, AND have been signed up since day one, if you are that excited to play it, do what the rest of us did and PAY to support this great title.

That's great, good for you. If I pay $60 to get in, my friends can't also - What good is ANY form of DnD without your friends? Additionally, I usually take exception against paying $60 for ANY game that has no trial, beta, or demo available for free - For all I know, the game could suck, and that's why they're not doing open beta yet.
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Sominator.. My question is this:

In a game model designed to facilitate/capitalize on alternate characters by selling character slots, bank slots, cosmetics etc, why is it impossible to transfer coin to alts and difficult/confusing to transfer astral diamonds? And is this something we could possibly address? One simple solution would be to make bank slots cross-account and add a deposite/whithdrawl feature for both diamonds and coin currency.

Thanks for your time and well met.
  • sjenn007sjenn007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i wonder if there will be a turn undead ability since that ability is from clerics/paladins
  • kelestrakelestra Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited February 2013
    @sominator - What is your Favorite Color & Will Neverwinter ever support/have Player and/or Guild housing? Secondary question: What kind of Guild Perks can we expect to see in Neverwinter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Multi-Gaming Community Founded in 1999 ~ Casual/Hardcore Friendly ~ Ages 21+ Preferred
    Enjoy our Community @ www.vigilantaddiction.com & http://www.twitch.tv/team/vigilantaddiction
This discussion has been closed.