test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Well met, now ask me anything!

Comments

• sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @darkdeathrap we'll be announcing moar infos soon, stay tuned!
    you wouldn't happen to know when we will get out Star Trek Online Lifetime Beta keys? With only 2 weeks left for beta weekend 2 its cutting it a bit close :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • bobdobbsbobdobbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks! I couldn't figure it out either!
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
  • datplebdatpleb Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello!
    Was just wondering, aside from the comment-to-win we've had so far, do you have any other types of giveaways planned? And for when and how can I win lol
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well Met!

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
  • myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hi, welcome and GZ! on gettin to look after us reprobates.
    I have a question, I really want to buy a guardian pack for a friend but the way the payments are set up currently if I try to buy one it will be added to my account. Is this likely to change before the next beta.
    I put a ticket into PW support about this and they were not very helpful and their suggestion of sending him the money was I think a bit rude and would not work. I did buy the PC gamer mag and sent him the key but now it looks like that may not be valid at least for the next beta.
    Any help or suggestions or find outs for me would be awesome.

New info: Just read the new Beta anxiety thread and in there it states that the PC gamer key is valid for the upcoming beta test, can you confirm this please :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    @roblhobl @rabb1tdotcom we're currently discussing how this works, no official word yet. :)
    Unoficiall reply - I believe that is in Astral Diamonds, which you can then choose to convert to Zen. I don't believe there is a way to get money 'out' of the game. It stays Astral Diamonds (in Neverwinter) or Zen (in Perfect World).
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    Well Met!

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    XD

Hmmm New "King Founder Pack", includes Coconut Horse Mount.
  • gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Gratz and welcome.
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • yoshi77yoshi77 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome Sominator,

I have a few questions hopefully you can answer.

1. Does this game support PS3 or Xbox controlers?
    2. Can you play this game in windowed mode, allow the use of a 2nd monitor for other things like playing around on the forums for example while still playing on your other screen?
    3. Will there be other classes introduced to the game in the near future? In particular the Ranger & Bard classes?
    edited February 2013
    @hamete we haven't said anything yet about the leveling system...but as for the Foundry, much like with STO, you can expect to access the Foundry in-game. ;)
    hamete wrote: »
    Question: During the upcoming Beta weekend are you planning on toning down the pace of the leveling system? I was not in it but I did watch the first look by mmohut and by the end of the tutorial segment.. which was not long. He was already several levels into the game.

Question: Will foundry be run as a separate downloadable program compared to the game itself? IE: Someone who doesn't like to make dungeons can just download the game and play in them as opposed to downloading the 'extra files' required. or vice versa (however silly that may sound). I, for one, will be doing both, but I am curious.
    edited February 2013
    @serdevi we haven't said anything yet, but keep your eyes on the site! ;)
    serdevi wrote: »
    Well I have one question that has led me to going to the website many times xD is there an official date for open beta yet? Or do you have a feeling? I recall something about it being late last year was the approx then I think it got changed to Q1 of this year. And with these beta weekends it's looking like it won't be out until may or june maybe :< I'm just curious if there is an actual date or time period you're confident of saying the game will be available for everyone. Thanks for your time!
    edited February 2013
    @noctournous93 thanks for the excellent point! We're discussing this and will update the FAQ when appropriate.
    I do think that a LOT of people are looking for an answer to this:

After the recent change to the FAQ section where it is stated that
    "Please note that the Drow will only be available for Founder's Pack purchasers for at least 60 days after launch."
    The title "Founders Pack" include both of the founder packages or only the hero of the north?
    As this is not yet made clear, i am pretty sure that the community would love a clear and straight response to this.
    edited February 2013
    @shiaika thanks! :)
    shiaika wrote: »
    Awwww.:p

Welcome to the forums. Good luck!:D
    edited February 2013
    @thealltrueist we haven't released any infos about this yet, but will soon! :)
    Not sure if this question falls under your area, but I'm most interested in how respecs will work, especially given the practice of slowly releasing classes. Thanks!
    edited February 2013
    @fredrikfonk thanks!

We'll be showing off more stuff from new zones soon, so stay posted! :)

We also haven't yet released any info about classes other than those in the Extended FAQ, or modding. But the Foundry is going to be super fun!

Hi and congratulations on your new post :)

I have a couple of questions, first being:
    How big do the zones get later in the game?, because the zones i played through during the first Weekend felt quite small and linear, granted that was only up to level 30, but still, how much bigger/open do they get?

Second question is:
    How long after launch do you expect there will be a ranged non-magical class? (ranger/hunter/marksman/scout etc..)

Third and final question is:
    What with the game being great for people who want to create their own content (Foundry) and being able to customize the UI alot (Placement/Scale), Will you be supportive of Addon creators?, This is something i feel is a very big part of what keeps an MMO fresh for a very long time, and it's something that i sorely miss from other games i play.

Thanks for your time, and i look forward to reading the completed AMA once it's done =).

EDIT: How come it says "PWE User" under my forum name when i purchased the Hero of The North founders pack?
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    On behalf of the community of people who insist on our online handles being uncapitalized, welcome, sominator!
    edited February 2013
    @baalah1 the beta servers will be open on the upcoming beta weekends (starting March 8 and March 22), so check back then!
    baalah1 wrote: »
    i have my beta key and all but loader page does not seem to show me any servers to connect to, do i need remote assistance??
  • demonicangel318demonicangel318 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    WHERE ARE THE HALFLINGS?

I saw them on the creation screen in a beta video but they weren't select-able. I, personally, will be very upset if they're not available on launch. Or rangers. Well, I can probably live without rangers for a little bit.

As for the Drizz't lovers, they can find an appropriately ill-fate because he's overrated. inb4 flame war over opinions.
    Felix Greentrack -- Halfling HR
    edited February 2013
    @vixisyn it's under discussion, and we'll post with more clarity soon. :)
    vixisyn wrote: »
    The reference to the drow being exclusive for the first 60 days is in the aforementioned FAQ thread. If nothing has been announced, why is it in there?

The forum has been in a panic, so some clarity would go a long way.
    edited February 2013
    @deathssickle PM me!
    Also will yall be hiring more volunteer moderators soon, or can you answer that(I wouldnt mind being one)
    edited February 2013
    @ainilome1 :o
    ainilome1 wrote: »
    My question:

How did you get such an awesome job? Lucky!
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    yoshi77 wrote: »
    1. Does this game support PS3 or Xbox controlers?

I think I saw a stream of someone using a game pad. Of course it has to work with Windows, so you can't hook up a PS3 one without a converter.
    3. Will there be other classes introduced to the game in the near future? In particular the Ranger & Bard classes?

Zeke said in a stream there were tons and they would be added later.
    edited February 2013
    @quester827 Beta Weekend 2 starts March 8 and Beta Weekend 3 starts March 22. And we haven't said anything about classes beyond those mentioned in the Extended FAQ. :)
    quester827 wrote: »
    When is the next playtest weekend? Also, will they do both sides of a class, or just one. I know they have Trickster Rogue, but I have a Brawny Rogue I really enjoy playing I.R.L. and might want to model a character after him
    edited February 2013
    @drudgy depends, do I have a horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses on my side? ;)
    drudgy wrote: »
    Welcome!

I only have one question..

Who would win in a fight? One Orc or 100 goblin sized Orc's? ;)

Welcome!
  • tommytwotalltommytwotall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome to Neverwinter... So looking forward to this game.
    edited February 2013
    @thejoshfrost the Foundry lets you create all kinds of stuff, including quests, zones, and other content. Check out the Extended FAQ for more!
    I know a -lot- of people are going to be upset if they can't unlock drow because they didn't buy the founder's pack. The whole "unique background" idea sounds pretty brilliant, so I hope they're doing that instead of making the race itself exclusive.

Anyway.

Q: Can you make dungeon's in The Foundry, or just quests?
    edited February 2013
    @saikhanaa123 be sure to sign up on http://nw.perfectworld.com/, or become a Founder for guaranteed beta access! http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack :)
    hi help me i really want to play NEVERWINTER but it is always telled beta key i need really help me guys yahoo id saikhanaa2012@yahoo.com
    edited February 2013
    @sundracon the Extended FAQ will be the best bet for the most up-to-date infos on races. Also, FIND THE HALFLING!
    sundracon wrote: »
    Halfling is no longer listed in the extended FAQ as a playable race, replaced by half-orc. Typo? or were they pulled?

There is a lot of talk about the drow. Hero pack gives renegade drow and normal drow. Does the guardian pack give normal drow? Does the guardian pack count as a founder's pack? Again, this has become a hot subject with a lot of debate.

Edit:
    Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.
    edited February 2013
    @takigushi Astral Diamonds can be put up on the auction house to be sold for micro-transactable points, which can in turn be used to buy cool stuff. It's a flexible, community-based system!
    takigushi wrote: »
    Q: How much is exactly 125,000 Astral Gems worth? That's exactly the only reason I didnt buy a fouder pack yet...
This discussion has been closed.