test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta/Launch Anxiety Thread

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    only1hero1 wrote: »
    Where can we talk about what is going on in beta? I don't want to violate the terms of beta testing
    I don't think beta is under NDA - but for bugs etc, there should be a seperate beta-access only part of forum where you can report bugs/feedback/criticism.

For preview opinions onthe game, it should be fine here imo (unless mods decide its not so).
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    zeudi wrote: »
    Do I have to make a new account in order to have a chance at the random drawing for open beta? I read in some thread that new accounts have a chance at it, but what about existing? I only found a spot to enter a key.

I just got an email about neverwinter, but it was just to taunt me. Nah nah, nah nah nah you don't have access unless you pay!
    Nay, just by being registered with PWE, you have automatically been placed into a pool for this random selection.
  • cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nevermind just found the answer in another thread my raiderz founders pack purchase gets me access to the second closed beta test.
  • fuel3fuel3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how can i pay in dollar? the diffrense 200dollar and 190 euro is 300 nok!!!!!!
  • dudek3dudek3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fuel3 wrote: »
    how can i pay in dollar? the diffrense 200dollar and 190 euro is 300 nok!!!!!!

You have to think of conversions :P $200USD = 190Euro = 300Nok
    fs.png
  • kiritokkiritok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dudek3 wrote: »
    You have to think of conversions :P $200USD = 190Euro = 300Nok

$200 = 149 Euro = 1,104 NOK.

190 Euro = $254 = 1,404 NOK.

The difference is quite huge, and I think I speak for everyone outside America when I say we should all be paying in USD. Getting gouged like this is disgusting.
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PC Gamer beta key holders were told they would be in 2nd weekend, now it says unknown.....

Why are the devs holding people out of the beta that already have been confirmed to have beta access and entered a code? I understand the 1st beta they want to reward people that payed $60-200, but for the ones moving forward i don't see the point.

The more you hold people out, the more they will look for other games to play.
  • funzxenifunzxeni Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've read this thread(yes all 18 pages) And i'm disappointed in the company providing this game.

In my perception. When you launch a game which is accessible for all country's across the globe. you should be fair and make sure all people playing the game are equally taxed for the game.

However in this case you've just put something online without thinking about what would happen. Every player who comes here interested in the game has enough brains to do a quick calculation of prices. $200 would be about €149,50. When i try'd buying this. I was charged €189,99. Our tax rate here is 21% which would result in €181,48 A €8.50 difference.

Now when i look at the graphs there are of the difference in € and $ i can't seem to find such a huge gap in between those 2 prices. Which gives me the idea that this is a fixed price set by the company. This indicates that the company doesn't allow the price to fluctuate based on difference in currency. Another great example that there's no real idea about the "outside of the USA"

I'd even want to bring this further. Your statements said: "Blame the VAT" . I've read up about this and saw that VAT is calculated when a product is imported in to a country. How ever we should not be paying sales tax because where speaking about an exported good. So YES we should be paying 21% more, but we should not be paying any sales tax. Which the USA does have. All in all we should come out on a figure which is lower then the 21% VAT tax. And i'm not even seeing that.

That said, a F2p game should be fair for all. Paying for a power up is fair in that. Though if people from another country have to pay far more it's no longer a fair game.

Having said all this. I'd love to be playing this game I'm a total fan of role play games and D&D in particular. I'd love to have a nice tittle. But until there is a fair rate on these packages i won't be willing to pay a dime.
  • keielinkeielin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    PC Gamer beta key holders were told they would be in 2nd weekend, now it says unknown.....

Why are the devs holding people out of the beta that already have been confirmed to have beta access and entered a code? I understand the 1st beta they want to reward people that payed $60-200, but for the ones moving forward i don't see the point.

The more you hold people out, the more they will look for other games to play.

It depends on what their goal is for the particular beta test/event. If they just want to get an initial feel as to how people like content, gameplay, mechanics etc. & work out some of the bugs they aren't going to take a particularly large sample size (i.e. the early beta weekends.) Later on as they get to the stage of needing to stress test the servers and support structure, then they will start opening the flood gates a little wider.

Also no one is getting help out on, the only guarantee for any FTP game is that you will be able to play for free once the game is released. Anything else is a privilege, not a right. A free key that came with a magazine is a bonus, but it's well within the developers rights to decided where and when they need those extra people to test content.
  • absinthe472absinthe472 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    US prices do not include tax, so yes you have to add the 21% on for your countries VAT, that brings it to €181.48. My guess is the remaining amount is a combination of currency conversion fees (credit card companies charge approx 3% on international purchases with currency conversions which would bring it to €186.92) and a little leeway for currency fluctuations (so they don't have to update their non US prices daily).
  • fuel3fuel3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I think its unfair to pay 30% extra, the VAT is not the same inn all countries. So is there a way to pay in dollar for none us users...prepaid visa or something?

Edit: nwm I'll pay those 60$ extra
  • imllimll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "# 1 Lifetime Subscribers - Neverwinter Access
    01-29-2013, 06:41 PM
    The Neverwinter team has announced the beta access dates for Champions and STO lifetime subscribers. If you have a LTS, you'll be able to access during the second and third beta weekends, planned for March 8-10 and 22-24.

As with all plans, this is subject to change as needed.
    --

Having trouble with something? Check the support page, especially the FAQ for account linking. If you're still having trouble, I recommend sending a ticket in to Support."

I just want to know if this is still the plan, and if so, if the invites/access codes are going out per e-mail or are just stealthily added to your PWE accounts? May seem obvious, but I hadn't even heard of this promotion at all until a friend of mine told me to go check the CO forums (which I hadn't done in forever).
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still the plan and LIKELY since you are not buying a founder pack from the NW partner site it will be an emailed key. But stay tuned to this thread as details are finalized and released!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • okottekonekookottekoneko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    has there been an official date set for open beta yet?
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I have a key attached (sent from a founder friend) and I get the download link (direct/torrent)

Neither work for me. Have firewall exceptions etc, all that looks fine. Is the download available now, or do I have to wait for the weekend ?

I have a Thai ISP. Not sure if that is creating an issue lol.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    So I have a key attached (sent from a founder friend) and I get the download link (direct/torrent)

Neither work for me. Have firewall exceptions etc, all that looks fine. Is the download available now, or do I have to wait for the weekend ?

I have a Thai ISP. Not sure if that is creating an issue lol.
    Howdy,

I do not believe they have any Region blocking. If a Region is blocked, it would most likely be an internal government issue but if that were the case, I'd suspect that one wouldn't even be able to post here on the forums. :)

I would file a Support Ticket as soon as possible to make sure that everything is sorted out by March's Closed Beta Testing Weekend. Keep in mind that a friend referall CBT key is good for only ONE weekend. When you log into a CBT Weekend, you will automatically be locked out of the rest of the Weekends. Unless, of course, one obtains explicit access via other methods.'

Cheers!
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Zeb, will submit a ticket regarding the client.

I get the downloaded executable / torrent, but neither do anything lol.
  • luminianluminian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What happened to lifetime subscribers of Champions and Star Trek getting into the beta?
  • badassbajabadassbaja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am new to this game. Is it based off of 4E like the old neverwinter was based off of 3.fail?

...errr I mean 3.play the wizard or don't play
  • badassbajabadassbaja Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    luminian wrote: »
    What happened to lifetime subscribers of Champions and Star Trek getting into the beta?
    profit margin
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013

They are. They get in for the Second Beta Weekend starting March 8th.
    STO and CO Lifetime Subscribers were promised Phased Access to the Closed Beta Tests; not first day. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

badassbaja wrote: »
    I am new to this game. Is it based off of 4E like the old neverwinter was based off of 3.fail?

...errr I mean 3.play the wizard or don't play

Old Neverwinter? There was none ;)
    Neverwinter is a stand-alone game, not a continuation of the Neverwinter Nights Campaign. This is not Neverwinter Nights 3.

That being said Neverwinter Nights was virtually a direct translation of Third Edition (not 3.5) which is not what Neverwinter is. Neverwinter will be heavily based on Fourth Edition but Cryptic will be taking rules they liked from multiple editions to create the game. Neverwinter uses the true meaning of the wording "based on." :)
  • luminianluminian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's fine. As long as I know it's coming.
  • illdeathilldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All though i am super anxious to play the march 8th beta this is more of a question. I literally just bought the guardian of neverwinter pack and am wondering if i can download the game client before the march 8th beta weekend (to spend less time downloading and more time PLAYING!) when i hit access beta all it does is ask for a beta key which ive read that founders dont need so any info would be great!
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    illdeath wrote: »
    All though i am super anxious to play the march 8th beta this is more of a question. I literally just bought the guardian of neverwinter pack and am wondering if i can download the game client before the march 8th beta weekend (to spend less time downloading and more time PLAYING!) when i hit access beta all it does is ask for a beta key which ive read that founders dont need so any info would be great!

Like you I just purchased the Guardian pack and was able to DL it (atleast the patcher from what I can tell). I am not sure about any patches prier to the March 8th date and size.
  • illdeathilldeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Like you I just purchased the Guardian pack and was able to DL it (atleast the patcher from what I can tell). I am not sure about any patches prier to the March 8th date and size.

where did you get the download from the access beta button on the home page?
  • barcajochibarcajochi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Do alpha testers get into the march betas or is that a whole different lottery?
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's fine. As long as I know it's coming.
    neverwinteriscoming.png
    Couldn't resist anymore, sorry.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    illdeath wrote: »
    where did you get the download from the access beta button on the home page?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

Here ya go.
  • belzubbelzub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry if this has allready been ansewered but Im wondering if I have to pay an additional 60$ to get the mount and companion from guardian of the north pack if I allready got hero of the north pack?
  • maverickwerewolfmaverickwerewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    I've been following Neverwinter since it was first announced, but I managed to pause just long enough to miss the first beta weekend. Before the next one rolls around, I guess I'll go ahead and buy a Guardian pack for the horse and pet wolf and all the rest of that stuff.

Wish it wasn't so long between the first and second beta weekends. I want to try this right now, darnit. :P
    Dedicated NWN roleplayer for 7+ years, the Village of Creation (VoC) server
This discussion has been closed.