test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta/Launch Anxiety Thread

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This thread will serve as a reminder and vent thread about the upcoming Closed Beta Testing and Open Beta Testing for Neverwinter. If you are looking for the original Anxiety Thread, it has been closed as it has grown quite large. You may find it here however. You may also find the second incarnation of the thread here.

Feel free to vent, as long as it is not vulgar or otherwise rule-violating, your anticipations and frustrations for the upcoming Beta Testing Periods. We will be a little more relaxed on the the Rules of Conduct here in this thread, in particular we will allow "Memes and Images" as long as they pertain to "Game Testing" in some way shape or form and are not other-wise Rule violating.

Specifically, the following Rules will be less strictly enforced, as well as my note about "Memes and Images" above:
Keep posts on-topic.
Keep the topic in mind when you post. Refrain from posting irrelevant information. Off topic posts may be edited, moved, or removed as needed.

Please be advised however:: Posting Unreleased Content is Forbidden per the Rules!
You may not create posts and/or private messages that contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or content that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, show/display and/or discuss any of the following: (a) unreleased in-game items or equipment; (b) areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; and/or (c) data not available through normal game play. Do not post trademarked and/or copyrighted materials (e.g., articles, videos, photos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works of and/or otherwise use. Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips. Posts regarding content which has been released in other world territories prior to being released in PWE's supported locales (North America and Europe) are, however, permitted.
Closed Beta Weekend Dates have been announced:
  • February 8th through 10th
  • March 8th through 10th
  • March 22nd through 24th

IF YOU PURCHASED A FOUNDER'S PACK, YOU DO NOT NEED A KEY. YOUR CBT ACCESS IS AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT!

For more information on the current Founder's Packs, please see these threads:
Founders Packs purchased in countries outside the US:
PWE is not responsible for the added cost due to the ETU, EFTA, VAT, Exchange Rates, Tariffs, Embargoes, Economic Stimulus Austerity or anything that causes the user to have to pay in a higher currency, including if it's not their native currency when using a pay service. Please contact your local Government if you have questions on any additional cost. You may also contact customerservice@perfectworld.com to dispute any charges or by filing a Support Ticket.

A Warning About Fraudulent/Phishing Sites:
  • There are sites (web pages really) out there that are claiming to "give away" beta keys.
  • These are not the reputable MMO News & Community sites.
  • Do not be fooled into their scams and do not download anything from them.
  • The safety of your personal information and/or computer may be put at risk if you do!
A note from Community Manager, Pinpointerror:
Greetings, Adventurers! This is just a friendly reminder to not visit any sites promising Beta key giveaways. Any and all giveaways will be officially both on these forums and the main Neverwinter home page.

If you have not signed up for Beta, register for Neverwinter here for your chance to enter The Forgotten Realms!

Here are the current facts about Beta and CBT Keys:(All statements hold validity at time of this post's "edit timestamp" on the bottom of this post and are relevant to the North American release of Neverwinter by Perfect World Entertainment.)
  • There are a couple active Promotions that grant CBT Access/Keys. There are no current Official CBT Giveaways at this time. We have been giving away Keys in contests here on the forums and actually just got done having the third contest.
  • Registering for a Perfect World Entertainment account puts you into a pool for a random chance at getting CBT access, when CBT begins.
  • RaiderZ Founders' Promotion has ended. The CBT Keys will be sent or access granted to your account when CBT Begins. No Keys have yet been sent out for this promotion.
  • Torchlight 2 PWE Pre-order has ended. The CBT Keys for this promotion have already been sent. If you did not get your key, you may have ordered through Steam (see next bullet listing) but if you did order it through the PWE Official Web Site and did not get your key, please file a support ticket with Billing (a link is uptop every web-page in this site).
    • (T2 Pre-order through Steam did not grant CBT keys, it granted a free copy of Torchlight 1).
  • The Neverwinter Spooky Adventure Contest has ended. Congrats Winners!
  • The Neverwinter Post to Win Contest has ended. Congrats Winners!
  • The Neverwinter Comment to Win Contest has ended. Congrats Winners!
  • MMOBomb.com gave away 10 keys in their Doomsday Holiday Giveaway. It is over but you can check it out here. Congrats Winners!
  • Overseas Giveaways: See Facebook pages for France and Germany or their official websites (France, Germany, China) for their respective localized Giveaways.)

So, without further delay...

ICANHASBETA01.jpg

icanhasneverwinter01_small.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First! I win!

<random raging about why I'm going crazy>

Four days till beta... Must... play... BETA!

This pick is for all of you who don't have access yet. Feel free to shrink it to avatar size. I feel all of your pain.
    11165774.jpg
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah me to. Very disappointed I working 12+ hour days all weekend though. But should be able to screw around in The Foundry at work when it is slow but no fighting or questing :(
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    So now were back to early access for open beta instead of live. Guess this means no wipe after open beta???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So now were back to early access for open beta instead of live. Guess this means no wipe after open beta???
    The last Dev comment about it (Devtracker) says that Early Access is for live (launch). I'd stick to that until new Dev post about the topic.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Where is this still being listed that is confusing the situation? Post or PM me some links and I'll have it looked into!

Thanks!
    ~Zeb
  • arkonagadearkonagade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    will there be NDA in the beta?
    can people make live streams?
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    arkonagade wrote: »
    will there be NDA in the beta?
    can people make live streams?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?33201-Lift-of-NDA
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • caticacatica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    The PC Gamer Magazine, January 8th issue contained a code for one of two random mounts. This key also grants beta access for the upcoming Beta.

I couldnt find anywhere else besides this post that says the key from the PC Gamer mag gives you access to the beta in addition to the horse mount.

Can anyone confirm this officially besides a community moderator? In addition is that access into ALL of the closed betas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    catica wrote: »
    I couldnt find anywhere else besides this post that says the key from the PC Gamer mag gives you access to the beta in addition to the horse mount.

Can anyone confirm this officially besides a community moderator? In addition is that access into ALL of the closed betas?
    CMPinpoint clarified it. Check dev tracker.
    It gives you access to beta from second weekend.
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    CMPinpoint clarified it. Check dev tracker.
    It gives you access to beta from second weekend.

Can you please post to it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013

I am sorry that my information isn't official enough. We (Mods) chat with PinPointError daily, through out the day and night so you can trust that any information we compile in such posts like this are accurate and official.

However, I provided links through out my post that will confirm everything I have said. The 2nd link under the Founder's list of links will confirm my statements about PC Gamer Magazine.

Cheers.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can you please post to it?
    It seems it was changed. It is not econd weekend but unconfirmed date for now.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=521981&viewfull=1#post521981

EDIT:
    Also as Zeb puts it - they are not made mods without a reason. They will never spread misinformation and false facts - community mods or not.
    edited February 2013
    It seems it was changed. It is not econd weekend but unconfirmed date for now.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=521981&viewfull=1#post521981

EDIT:
    Also as Zeb puts it - they are not made mods without a reason. They will never spread misinformation and false facts - community mods or not.

I thank you for the information. Got to love those ghost ninjas to information in posts..

as a side note this is not my first rodeo with PWE, I have played their games before they even had a US service. I know about their CMs, some have been very close friends on other games before and after they became CMs, and continued friendships to new games after they quit being CMs for PWE. I work in the gaming industry myself. I like to fact check and I know its nice to have the official posts for reference. And they may not spread false information on purpose but I have seen things miscommunicated one more than 1 occasion in my many years with PWE and their games. Its not meant to be offensive, but as i said it never hurts to have the official post handy for reference.

And as you have already pointed out the post has already changed from second closed beta to an unannounced date now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Where is this still being listed that is confusing the situation? Post or PM me some links and I'll have it looked into!

Thanks!
    ~Zeb

it was in your link your link to "what you get for beta" guess it could be just extra and still get the access for live as well now that I've read it a second time.

feel free to trim my posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    EDIT:

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know thet Zeb likes leading people astray and then sitting back a giggling like a school girl. ;)
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    Yeah yeah yeah, we all know thet Zeb likes leading people astray and then sitting back a giggling like a school girl. ;)
    *the mage tries very hard to not giggle but fails*
    it was in your link your link to "what you get for beta" guess it could be just extra and still get the access for live as well now that I've read it a second time.

feel free to trim my posts
    Thanks, will make sure that post gets looked into. There was clarification by Lead GM Melanderi:
    melanderi wrote: »
    Just to clear things up:

The Early Access is in regards to launch.

Hero of the North purchasers will be able to log in to the Live game Five days early.

Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers will be able to log in to the Live game Three days early.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Zeb you're fighting a losing battle when front page news says early access to open beta.
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    Zeb you're fighting a losing battle when front page news says early access to open beta.
    The battle is never lost until it is won!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    The battle is never lost until it is won!

Originally spoken by self-styled Bard and athlete Yogi Berrius...I think his descendants will be remembered too. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aliahaliah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi Cryptic,

I am a loyal beta tester i have tested both Star Trek Online and Champions Online and on both game i am a life time member, what i do not understand is i was one of the first to apply to the beta and i wonder why you have forgotten me?

Loyal Fan and gamer for Cryptic...
  • raistlin68raistlin68 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi! Do you know if people participating at the alpha test will have access to the beta? (sorry if my english isn't perfect, I'm a froggy ^^)
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @zag LOL.... good question...

Aliah must have another account then because with a Jon Date of Dec 2012, how could they have been one of the first to sign up for beta?
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you are a lifetimer to STO and CO then you have not been forgotten. Lifetime subscribers to both games get closed beta access on the second and third of the announced weekends. And clearly you have beta access since you are posting in the Neverwinter Beta Forums. Only those with access (and community mods) can see this forum section.
    edited February 2013
    Do the keys from giveaways on various site give access to first weekend?
    edited February 2013
    arkonagade wrote: »
    Do the keys from giveaways on various site give access to first weekend?

So far the only confirmed entrants to the first weekend that I have seen are the founders packs. The access list is still not complete but I wouldn't excpect to see anything added to the first weekend.

The official thread with the information on the weekends can be found here.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
    edited February 2013
    So far the only confirmed entrants to the first weekend that I have seen are the founders packs. The access list is still not complete but I wouldn't excpect to see anything added to the first weekend.

The official thread with the information on the weekends can be found here.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!

yeah, they in the "Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed" category
    "Promotional Beta keys on partner sites."
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you have beta questions, post them here NOT in foreign language sites in English. Including "Vent" questions.

aliah wrote: »
    Hi Cryptic,

I am a loyal beta tester i have tested both Star Trek Online and Champions Online and on both game i am a life time member, what i do not understand is i was one of the first to apply to the beta and i wonder why you have forgotten me?

Loyal Fan and gamer for Cryptic...

The first to apply were the ones who signed up when this was not even a site sometime in 2010. Your signup is December 2012 suggesting you were not even part of the conversion linked to PWE in May 2012 if for some reason beyond my understanding you're not using another account.

Please read this thread to understand when lifetime people get their keys, and you'll be playing the beta weekends since you purchased a founder pack. However, such contradictory statements in foreign language links in English will be subsequently removed. Vent here, vent in that site's language or spend time and post some facts here to help others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reige1reige1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So question, I first entered my PC gamer code to get the mount and possible access to the first beta. Just bought the big founders pack yesterday, so....do I still get my horse?
    edited February 2013
    Yes! /10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    My forum date says this month, but thats just because its when I posted on this forum for the first time, I signed up for the beta long long long long time ago, like within the first weeks of beta sign ups.. So you cant go by these forum dates as the dates for when people signed up for the beta...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.