test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta/Launch Anxiety Thread

Comments

• Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    belzub wrote: »
    I'm sorry if this has allready been ansewered but Im wondering if I have to pay an additional 60$ to get the mount and companion from guardian of the north pack if I allready got hero of the north pack?

I do believe I read somewhere that you would indeed need t,o if you wanted the Guardian perks. The North perks are separate and do not include the Guardian package.
  • Options
    afriellafriell Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    Hello all

When this game will come to OB finally?

This closed beta buying thing looks more like a phase of the game to pay itself rather then CB testing.
  • Options
    vuzetheory904vuzetheory904 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yup it's official LOL. I can't focus on anything MMO wise besides Neverwinter xD. Tried playing Failwars and Terrabad since I started watching Beta footage. I log in for a total of 10 seconds then log out and head straight to the neverwinter forums and YouTube. I'll be dropping 2-bills to get the HOTK pack, fair enough to say. I haz Neverwinter syndrome.
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I swear this very thing happened to me today...I had to say, "hey, hey, relax, my wife plays too, but thank you for the thought...oh and put your shirt back on...please...no really..."
    35025836.jpg

Oh and one more...
    35025997.jpg
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    ganndogganndog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yup it's official LOL. I can't focus on anything MMO wise besides Neverwinter xD. Tried playing Failwars and Terrabad since I started watching Beta footage. I log in for a total of 10 seconds then log out and head straight to the neverwinter forums and YouTube. I'll be dropping 2-bills to get the HOTK pack, fair enough to say. I haz Neverwinter syndrome.

I know exactly how you feel....VENT!
    'Get me out of this hell hole.'
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Btw since we can't read the beta topics can you make them only viewable by people with clearance ? What is the point for the rest of us to see some threads that we cannot click ?:)

Just saying...
  • Options
    segunra92segunra92 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't wait to get picked for beta testing in Neverwinter and the gameplay trailer is awesome.
    STEAM: Segunra1992
  • Options
    o7deadlysinso7deadlysins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited February 2013
    Well at least closed beta will keep me busy until Bioshock is released. But I guess as long as you play a year of this game it will be worth the drop in the bucket for the $200 founders pack. If you think of it as a means of paying a sub every month that is.
  • Options
    drizzt103drizzt103 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok i clicked on the download button and it is allowing me to download the client. does this mean i will get an invite for the beta weekend coming up? just for info i did buy the pc gamer mag with the beta key.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    drizzt103 wrote: »
    ok i clicked on the download button and it is allowing me to download the client. does this mean i will get an invite for the beta weekend coming up? just for info i did buy the pc gamer mag with the beta key.

We haven't been given any word about that from the powers that be. You're welcome to try but no promises. More than likely it simply has to do with the fact they have expanded access to the Beta Forums.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I must be the only one that thinks it is wrong to make people pay money to do bug testing, which to me is what the founders packs are.

Sure you get some other cool stuff, but at the core its just about bug testing.
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    I must be the only one that thinks it is wrong to make people pay money to do bug testing, which to me is what the founders packs are.

Hey The WarZ apparently did quite well with that type of business model... Oh wait nvm they are getting hammered by everyone.
  • Options
    thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013

These weekend betas aren't really for testing. They have an ongoing beta test for that (which most people here call an Alpha. Trion does the same with Defiance, too, and it drives me nuts. There exists standardized jargon for software development for a reason). The weekend betas are where they're putting stuff in front of people to get some feedback from actual fans. Oh, sure, if you see a bug, you should report it. But you should be doing that after release, too. The main idea is to get reactions from fans about the game.

Hell, in the 2nd NOCS podcast, one of the devs (or the community manager, but I think it was an actual dev) said that some things are not final yet, specifically referring to the base number of character slots at release.

If you're in a beta weekend, you're not there to test. You're there to play the game and start the word of mouth advertising campaign.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Good thing that the packs only give you the beta access as a free bonus. Much like the beta key from prepurchasing Torchlight II from PW was a free bonus. But hey, more than a few individuals buy that kind of stuff exclusively for the beta access. But that is their problem, not the products'.
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Life Time account members in STO get to do the second and third beta. So huzzah for us! Set pahsers to fun!
    2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We haven't been given any word about that from the powers that be. You're welcome to try but no promises. More than likely it simply has to do with the fact they have expanded access to the Beta Forums.

Where do you downlaon the client for Neverwinter?
    2.jpg
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    Where do you downlaon the client for Neverwinter?

Front page.
  • Options
    sporkliftsporklift Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So I purchased HoN Founders package, but I don't have my forum title applied yet, anyone know how to get it?
    ~Never look a tulip in the eye~

Lulu
  • Options
    russellgustorussellgusto Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am one of the anxious ones :)
  • Options
    t4licnit4licni Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is there a way for me to get Neverwinter Online beta key, i can trade for Dota2 beta key, although it's not very valuable now days, cause there's a lot of them.

Thank you in Advance.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Any news on STO lifetimer accounts and how they will recieve a beta key (if needed) or do we simply log in on Friday? Thanks in advance!
    2.jpg
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    Any news on STO lifetimer accounts and how they will recieve a beta key (if needed) or do we simply log in on Friday? Thanks in advance!

That's the word of the moment. Access should be automatically applied.

NOTE that the first beta weekend: servers were not made live until noon Pacific time. So you'll get errors trying to start the game before the servers are switched-on. But once that happens, (again: current word is) you should be in. Probably good idea to go ahead and download the client app, login an hour or so prior to patch-up.
  • Options
    neemneem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bought a Raider Elite Pack and i havent recieve any key.... this is !@#!
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    neem wrote: »
    I bought a Raider Elite Pack and i havent recieve any key.... this is !@#!

Check this page: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey
    Does it say anything was applied? Note: you have to be logged in.
  • Options
    huntington1huntington1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are the packages they are selling carrying over to main game. I have learned to double check before purchasing :D. I tried to search for a clear answers on the faqs but found nothing. thanks :)
  • Options
    dcacentricdcacentric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey there, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there with a friend key that didn't plan on using it, if so, I would be more than happy to receive one and would use it all weekend =D
  • Options
    reyesreyes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This waiting is driving me crazy!

AHHHHHHH!!!!

*pause*

It wasn't me.
    Dark Arts Vassal
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Are the packages they are selling carrying over to main game. I have learned to double check before purchasing :D. I tried to search for a clear answers on the faqs but found nothing. thanks :)

Sorry for the late answer but yes, of course the packs will carry into the main game. In fact only part of the packs are available during the Beta. Check this thread for more info!
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll just leave this here, courtesy of thinkgeek...

Come on Beta Weekend 3!
  • Options
    combatorc21combatorc21 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    <removed - spoofing a promotion is bad, linking to how to do it is just as bad>
This discussion has been closed.