test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• wolfbornpfwolfbornpf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was going to actually pay the $200 and test but now after reading this thread, now way. I'll wait to launch and play Skyrim till then.
  • acastanzaacastanza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay, I do not understand what Perfect World's problem is, at this point they are just alienating customers. I got my beta key at PAX and was super excited to hear that the beta was coming up. Now to find out that we're second class citizens and might be able to play at some indeterminate point in the future because we didn't shell out for a "founders pack" for a game that no one but alpha testers have gotten to play for more than 5 minutes? Screw this, count me out.
  • omocho1omocho1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PWE doesn't break its streak for publishing games with horrendously bad closed beta phases.
    Shock and awe. I knew not to get my hopes up at the PC gamer beta keys, and it's just a complete joke that people actually PAY to TEST THE GAME.

Remember back in the day when companies actually paid people to test their game?
    Now people are so goddamn stupid they'll pay companies to let them test their game...haha, what a joke. All the monkeys actually buying these founders packages are what is wrong with gamers these days.

You aren't supporting this game, you're supporting extortion.

I hope a mountain of game breaking bugs and glitches are found, and hoarded, never to be reported. There's no obligation to report or make the game better. You paid your way into the beta, it's your RIGHT to play it, you owe them no obligation. Find a sweet duping glitch? share it behind closed doors with some buddies, you paid for it afterall.
  • kheallerkhealler Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    acastanza wrote: »
    Okay, I do not understand what Perfect World's problem is, at this point they are just alienating customers. I got my beta key at PAX and was super excited to hear that the beta was coming up. Now to find out that we're second class citizens and might be able to play at some indeterminate point in the future because we didn't shell out for a "founders pack" for a game that no one but alpha testers have gotten to play for more than 5 minutes? Screw this, count me out.

You're a customer when you have purchased something. Till that moment you are a potential customer. With the free PAX betakeys they turned us in potential customers. With the founderpacks they've created customers. Those customers are rewarded with closed beta. We, people with free betakeys, will have to wait for our turns. I can wait. I've been waiting since 2010, the orginal launch date. I'm pretty sure we will get in some close beta test session. Everyone will have chance during the open beta sessions to try the game. At launch also everyone will have the chance to try the game as it is totally free to play. Why the anger? We will get plenty of opportunity to enjoy the game ourselves, without spending a single penny. If you want to enjoy it right now, you have to spend a few pennies, but logic dictates, never buy something you have not seen with your own eyes. So just be patient and wait like many of us.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2013
    At every step of the way Cryptic and PWE have been very straightforward in saying that when you obtain a beta key that you will get access to part of the beta, but that it will be done in phases, and up til now they have never had a schedule that determines when you will get in.

Nowhere before did they ever say that any group would be the first to get in beta, and they have always said that beta testing will be done in phases.

I have a great deal of excitement and skepticism about this game, complaints and compliments, but the pay-to-beta is a big non-issue for me. I am neither surprised nor offended by the beta scheduling.
  • oddwin1oddwin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    At every step of the way Cryptic and PWE have been very straightforward in saying that when you obtain a beta key that you will get access to part of the beta, but that it will be done in phases, and up til now they have never had a schedule that determines when you will get in.

Nowhere before did they ever say that any group would be the first to get in beta, and they have always said that beta testing will be done in phases.

I have a great deal of excitement and skepticism about this game, complaints and compliments, but the pay-to-beta is a big non-issue for me. I am neither surprised nor offended by the beta scheduling.

Straightforward you say? ....

really_zps0067fd7e.jpg

really2_zps5836e76a.jpg

Really...
  • indy20indy20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You don't see Trion Worlds pulling this with Defiance. They let tons of people in on their beta events. I don't get it the whole point of a beta is to find bugs and make the game better by the time launch comes around. They should be having stress tests and not be so limited in selecting players for their beta weekends. I'm not going to drop 200$ unless I know it's going to be 200$ well spent.
  • jematijemati Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    is there any chance to get a betakey ? :confused:
  • rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any update on when PC Gamer Beta Keys go active? 2nd or (most likely) 3rd week?
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oddwin1 wrote: »
    Straightforward you say? ....

really_zps0067fd7e.jpg

really2_zps5836e76a.jpg

Really...

Where are you getting that Guardian packages do not have Beta Access? Maybe I missed something (hit all 35 pgs of thread), but I haven't seen anything to contradict the 1st post of this thread.

aerodt1 wrote: »
    hello i just paid for the guardian pack a and i dont have access o the beta form nor did i get a link to a Download. so with that if i don't see a download link etc soon i want my money back

Did you ever get this resolved? If not have a couple of questions that I hope are helpful..

1). Did you attempt to activate your Title to display as instructed in one of the other forums? ( I thought something went wrong with my activation but after I searched, I found those instructions and then was able to get my forum title to display).
    2). If you did try to access your forum title, what happened? If it wasn't available then maybe something went wrong with your purchase and you should go to the thread for people who have had problems with their purchase.

* one other thing, is it possible you activated it on the wrong account? I only ask this because I've made that mistake before.
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    Okay so i bought a Hero of the North Founders Pack i downloaded the game client i patched the game client i waited until 12pm pacific time passed in my timezone and tried to log in and got the message 'you are not allowed to log in right now'. could anyone help me if i got the timezone wrong if there is some sort of cryptic planning behind phasing in players who paid to play the first beta weekened?

thanks
  • magmofdmagmofd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Okay so i bought a Hero of the North Founders Pack i downloaded the game client i patched the game client i waited until 12pm pacific time passed in my timezone and tried to log in and got the message 'you are not allowed to log in right now'. could anyone help me if i got the timezone wrong if there is some sort of cryptic planning behind phasing in players who paid to play the first beta weekened?

thanks

You need to wait a bit more... if it helps calculating from GMT the beta starts at 20:00 GMT or 8PM GMT

-Magmo
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Every time is PST. To check PST now, google "PST Now" and click.

Like this:
    http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    okay thanks
  • eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    no its 12 noon pst
    pumpumpkin wrote: »
    so i was wondering, and if this was already answered i'm terribly sorry, is the beta going live at midnight? that would be pretty sweet... i'm more than willing to loose an immense amount of sleep before i have to work in the morning in order to try out the level editor/dungeon creator/foundry thing-a-ma-jig.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sertanlee wrote: »
    ... I have purchased the Founders Pack ...

You're in like flin on all three beta weekends they've scheduled. I can't speak to why you can't download the client -- I downloaded the beta client a week ago, patched it earlier this week and just checked now to see if there's any new beta patches (there's not). Make sure you're logged into the website with the same account you have the keys associated with. Try logging out and back in. Try clearing your browser cache and all cookies, the logging in with the keyed accounts. I've had issues with the forums myself similar to this where something changed about my account, but the site didn't recognize it and give me the options I was supposed to have until I logged out and back in. Give that a try -- also, perhaps try a different browser, one you haven't used with the site before. Again, make sure you are logging in with the account you applied the key to -- or in the pack's case, the account you were logged into when you bought it.
  • eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The actual game when it opens to the public will be free. Right now their testing the game out as that is what the beta is for. People have paid to be able to beta test the game which helps them earn a few bucks while they find any really bad problems in the game. Probably helps pay for the programers who i'm sure have a tough job locating and fixing small or large bugs. This looks like its the start of a closed beta And eventually there will be an open beta where they will test load times or the Queue to get into the game when its busy. They will need a lot more people then. Which is probably why they needed all these beta applications and why they gave out keys from all these outlets, Pc Gamer/Torchlight 2 and other places.
    I just saw this in the FAQ section:

"Q: How much will Neverwinter cost? Will there be a subscription required?

Neverwinter will be a free-to-play game. There will be no cost for the client, and no subscription fee will be required."

Will/is it really TOTALY free?
    I think someone posted wrong?
  • kernkraft3000kernkraft3000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What time will the beta weekend start?
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What time will the beta weekend start?

Best information I've seen is 12PM Pacific Time TODAY (the 8th). That's 3PM Eastern Time or about 7 hours from the time of this post.
  • arnica2arnica2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    make no mistake this is looking to be one quality game and to get even half of the content we will have to pay they know we will if it's good but my advice is if you have to save hard to get that $200 don't waste it here the game will be out soon enough and you probably need that money.
  • targragistargragis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    Best information I've seen is 12PM Pacific Time TODAY (the 8th). That's 3PM Eastern Time or about 7 hours from the time of this post.

That makes it 5AM JST (Japan Standard Time) Saturday Morning.. Guess I should go to bed now..
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1200hrs PST\ <Check PST Now>
  • acidithacidith Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello all! I'd like to ask something.
    I preordered Torchlight 2 to get Neverwinter beta acces.
    I had it and its okay. And my question is, can i play in the first betaweeked?! ( I hope so!)
    tyvm
  • uie89uie89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The thread opening statement says that torchlight 2 pre-orders start playing 2nd beta weekend.
    Thanks,

-UIE89 (Until1t3nds)

GoIWD.jpg
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Guardian and and Heroes alike get guaranteed access this first weekend. Those who give a friend key give the recipient ONE weekend of their choice. Those actually registered for Beta can go to this thread to find the Download link.

After this first weekend, THEN other groups get PHASED in. Remember, the key promised beta access, not WHEN you get beta access, and that may include OPEN beta as well. Only Heroes/Guardians Founders are promised EARLY beta access.

If you so wish, you may wait for your phased access or buy one of those packs throughout beta. Or wait for the launch of the game and not pay or acquire anything. Since I can't afford access I don't get in either, so it's not like there's some secret exclusivity. Those who pay get immediate availability, a staple of F2P itself (instead of waiting and earning it for free also in F2P.)

If you still can't connect and have confirmed access to the beta, you need to contact support by the link at the top of the thread or by direct email.

And if you claim to state something with authority, you better have a link to back it up as any guardian no access thing for weekend 1 was flat out untrue. I have currently removed the post as I have warned on other threads if misinformation will cause user reactions and incitement the posts may be edited or removed. This is an official announcement thread and there will be less leniency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acidithacidith Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i'm so sorry but i just cant stand that. cos the reordeing TL 2 says a damn betakey provided. no expalaniton for just the 2nd week or etc. so that is damn funny and pathetic. im so sorry for saying that, im a very big Neverwinter fan, and i just damn furious about this pay lods of money to get acces. soz
  • tenebrae9tenebrae9 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought Founders Pack today but in download page dont have active buttons for download...whats wrong? And sorry for my bad english.
  • papasnake23papasnake23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    how can i take beta key does annyone knows?
  • piros21piros21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah me too i want a beta key but the game look very nice and i can wait but if you have an extra beta key pm me :P
  • yoazismynyoazismyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tenebrae9 wrote: »
    I bought Founders Pack today but in download page dont have active buttons for download...whats wrong? And sorry for my bad english.
    Did you buy the starter pack? If so, you don't have beta access.