Comments

• Options
    thewis3manthewis3man Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Super EXCITED for this... The keys will come, I have FAITH
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 859 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Buddy of mine bought the "Hero of the North: Founders Pack", and he sent me his "buddy key" so I can participate in the upcoming beta with him. I'd just like to know, when will the downloader for the client be available? First beta weekend is fast approaching...
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    Buddy of mine bought the "Hero of the North: Founders Pack", and he sent me his "buddy key" so I can participate in the upcoming beta with him. I'd just like to know, when will the downloader for the client be available? First beta weekend is fast approaching...

There are threads all over the place asking this question. The answer is: Nobody knows yet. "Stay tuned" If it lessons our worries a little bit though, word on the street is that it's a short download. At least in regards to your typical game client download.
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So does the PC gamer key for the mount (which is said to grant access to the upcoming beta) work for this weekend beta or what?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    gyloir wrote: »
    So does the PC gamer key for the mount (which is said to grant access to the upcoming beta) work for this weekend beta or what?
    Behold!

Sticky: Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

(Short linked post made shorter: It hasn't been stated what weekend PC Gamer codes will grant access to yet.)
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TY, i probably shoulda read the second page and not just the first post :D, my bad.

I also signed up for beta when it was announced, but the forum account seems to only "register" when you go to post rather then when your account was actually made. I've had this account since Champions online, STO, etc.

Now I'm wondering what mount I got from the pc gamer code, it says "Stormraider" mount.
  • Options
    destrayudestrayu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    a little help, i signed into my perfect world account, and attempt to sign up for beta, but it just redirects me to the page with the "Access Beta" link and asks for a beta key, am I automatically registered just by having an account ? Thanks.
  • Options
    xenozenoxenozeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was thinking of purchasing the Founder's pack and I read that you could redeem the items in the beta, but what happens when it comes to a character wipe for release? What happens to the items?
  • Options
    stucool66stucool66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited February 2013
    is the pc gamer mag still on news stand? also, is it the one with the neverwinter or bioshock cover? thanks
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That is pretty funny.

ROFL
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Yea I have tried it several times just to make sure but alas the interwebz seems to know whether or not I have proper access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gyloir wrote: »
    TY, i probably shoulda read the second page and not just the first post :D, my bad.

I also signed up for beta when it was announced, but the forum account seems to only "register" when you go to post rather then when your account was actually made. I've had this account since Champions online, STO, etc.

Now I'm wondering what mount I got from the pc gamer code, it says "Stormraider" mount.

You have a black horsie!

(And yes, somebody say a horse in the streaming that sold for 2,000,000 AD. You may now anxiety on that.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lunacristlunacrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I too am having difficulties getting the client. I can get to the page but neither button works.
  • Options
    sertanleesertanlee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Got my Key, Got my Email, still the link for downloading the client isn't active. Is there a time frame for this yet?
    ISSUE RESOLVED, A time frame as far as activation would have been nice but I am greatly looking forward to this weekend and getting my first look.
  • Options
    richenglishrichenglish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So I bought a founders pack but no Beta key... I'm pretty amazed they didn't get their act together by now...
  • Options
    simpathicsimpathic Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be willing to purchase the Collector's ED Heros of the North but not before I have even had a chance to try the game. I don't understand why anyone would be willing to shell out 200 dollars for a game they haven't even tried yet. I am sure that I'm not the only one who has made the mistake of getting a collector ed in the past for a game that ended up being totally fail, even though it looked good in previews and such. Case in point Final Fantasy 14, Star Trek Online, Age of Conan just to name a few. So even though this looks to be a promising game why do I as a player spend that much money on a game that I haven't even had the opertunity to try?
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    why did you purchase those other boxes? most likely because you wanted them, what makes these different apart from being all digital, nothing, people buy them because they want to.

@rich top of the site, the game click on redeem key, will tell you whats activated, also in various stickys its explained you dont get a key, your account is just upgraded, only key you'll see in an email is the friend key if you bought the heroes pack.
  • Options
    jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tex Mex snacks in awaiting cookage
    Rum is found
    Ice, icing.....

9puuwx.jpg
  • Options
    mendrianmendrian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got a beta key at PAX I think a full year ago. When I log in it lists my server access as TBD. Is there any word on when these betas will go active?
  • Options
    sgl0rysgl0ry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mendrian wrote: »
    I got a beta key at PAX I think a full year ago. When I log in it lists my server access as TBD. Is there any word on when these betas will go active?

Such a good question. Got my Beta key at comicon. There were maybe 40 people in that room that grabbed betas (plus some for their friends of course). I'm on edge as much as you are!
  • Options
    rubyhorse2rubyhorse2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    whats the deal with this then guys, does anyone know?

Is it filtered access throughout the weekend?
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not yet sorry. Only thing I am pretty certain about is they reserved Founders and Friends keys for the first weekend after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rubyhorse2rubyhorse2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeh after some reading i understand whats going on now. admittedly if people had read things properly then i dont think there would have been any confusion with regards who gets access this weekend.

i do think it could have been made a little clearer form the outset and this is surely going to get a knee jerk reaction of people asking for refunds and quitting even before release.
  • Options
    enoxobusenoxobus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guess I will vent here first. I just found out about the PC Gamer NW beta key last night so I bought a subscription to pc gamer which unfortunately came with the incorrect issue. So I ended up buying the Feb issue individually. I then filled out the proper forms and answered their questions and received my key which I promptly redeemed. However even after spending the money and going through all this I still have no beta access. It shows I redeemed the key but I cannot even download the game. I contacted support and their response was that I had no beta key applied to this account. So I just once again contacted support and attached a pdf with a screenshot of the page showing that I redeemed my key. Hopefully I will be playing Neverwinter tomorrow since I am sure it will take several hours just to download the game, but I have to stay the lack of information and support not even seeing a beta key is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. For a lot of other games I generally get the pre-order to access beta, but the lack of information about this game is keeping me from doing that since I have been burned to much in the last year.
  • Options
    daveybudderdaveybudder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So will my PC Gamer Beta Key i received about a month or so ago get me in this weekend? Or am i doomed to wait till March? I am waiting for my tax returns to get my Founders Pack, so hopefully that will help my chances at playing this game even more. With that said though, has anyone with a PC Gamer Beta Key gotten to play so far?
  • Options
    only1hero1only1hero1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    just a heads up mine said serve acess TBD and when i logged into the pwi site and went to the NW menu and re entered my key it gave me access
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Sadly rubyhorse2 I don't think the volunteer mods could have made it any clearer. I can't even tell you how many times we answered the same questions located in news posts, stickies and throughout the forums. Do you have any suggestions on how to make things clearer besides using big bold letters of disclaimers?

enoxobus
    As per the Beta Schedule PC Gamer Magazine Keys have not found their home within the CBT Schedule. They will be in there but it won't be this weekend.
    This weekend if for Founders (Hero/Guardian of the North) Only.

daveybudder,
    You are doomed to wait until March I am afraid.
    Any changes to the Beta Schedule would be directly changed in the Beta Schedule.
  • Options
    daveybudderdaveybudder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daveybudder,
    You are doomed to wait until March I am afraid.
    Any changes to the Beta Schedule would be directly changed in the Beta Schedule.

ambisinisterr,
    Ok thats cool, glad to have gotten some feedback. Thanks!
  • Options
    only1hero1only1hero1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Where can we talk about what is going on in beta? I don't want to violate the terms of beta testing
  • Options
    zeudizeudi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Do I have to make a new account in order to have a chance at the random drawing for open beta? I read in some thread that new accounts have a chance at it, but what about existing? I only found a spot to enter a key.

I just got an email about neverwinter, but it was just to taunt me. Nah nah, nah nah nah you don't have access unless you pay!
This discussion has been closed.