test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    girlbrushgirlbrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to explore all the quests and then experiment with the Foundry.
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Try out all the different classes!
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    ceepper1ceepper1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to wander trough land, admiring the nature of neverwinter, checking every place for their details. I'm going to get new armours to my characters and check how they look on them. I'm going to hit the level cap to see new animated moves for my characters, and I'm going to find people who enjoy same things by playing the game and meeting people.
  • Options
    slonaslona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    Get a heavy two-handed sword (axe) call my friends that already have the pack and demolish all the dungeons after us.
  • Options
    generalguncraftgeneralguncraft Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i think i would give the foundry a really indepth test see how complex a story it can handle and see if i can form the beginings for a campaign line then test the class mechanics inside the test missions i have created. then probably explore a bit before falling through the map ...has happened in all the mmo games i have played sofar happened in wow once on each expantion till i left in cata happened in gw2 and also in planetside 2 ...i have just excepted it as a thing now
  • Options
    rando5rando5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll probably end up doing what I've done with CO and STO before; spend hours upon hours in the character creator just looking at all the options. Oh, around the time where half the weekend is over, I'll have settled on a character I like the look of and then finally log in to the actual world. Run around for a few hours getting the gist of the world, combat, exploration, itemization, etc. Then finally cap the weekend with fiddling around with the Foundry.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal in the beta is to actually get in the beta and see for my self if its worth the money before i spend it
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • Options
    mffromhel1mffromhel1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My only goal is to enjoy the awesomeness of D&D 4th edition on the PC, something i was wanted to do!
  • Options
    grayvenraynegrayvenrayne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sleep is for babies. I will be exploring the depths of the Foundry, creating as many insane arrangements as creativity and insomnia-induced-hallucinations will allow. There will be monsters, lad, and traps galore.. you can count on that.
  • Options
    torstenwtorstenw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    asuming i get a beta key I wuld like to just try as much as possible to se if its something i can recomend to my friends who wuld probably love it if its as good as it seams
  • Options
    demonknight33demonknight33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would spend my time playing around with as many different features as I can get my hands, and definitely get a feel for all of the different classes available. I may have a slight problem with altaholism, so getting to play with as many different characters and builds as possible would be at the top of my list.
  • Options
    derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to start by having some fun at the character creator, to see what kind of looks I can make for a tiefling, human, and the various elven races.
    Looks are important to me, and I plan to find out just how beautiful or terrifying I can make my characters.

That done, I'll run the tutorial and maybe a couple levels afterwards on a cleric, wizard, and rogue, to get a feel for the various play styles available, and the different starter zones.

And once I know which one I enjoy the most, I'll pick that character, and take my sweet time exploring every quest, optional objective, and piece of content the game throws at me.
    I'm not in a rush to level fast: my enjoyment comes from finding out as much as I can, and challenging the game by taking the less travelled path and seeing how far it goes.
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • Options
    icyionicyion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Test out the character customization and explore as much of the story as possible! ;)
  • Options
    killerielkilleriel Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to explore everything I can and enjoy the graphical environment in addition to exploiting the gameplay.
  • Options
    ruberielruberiel Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neverwinter living history far more possible. battle in their world and dungeons.
    and be an explorer all day.
  • Options
    dindent34dindent34 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the beta is to try to test a little bit of everything from foundry to dungeons to all the classes. After that I want to try and get as high as I can so I can see as much as I can and stand up all night long until my heart stop beating :P
  • Options
    caelach2011dcaelach2011d Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just want to take it easy and enjoy the great content.
  • Options
    illsbaneillsbane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will see just how much of the world I can explore in the time given.
  • Options
    lithomedlithomed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to roll up both fighters and test the content.
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is going to be the biggest event since the Spellplague... But, Oh I'll probably go visit my uncle Cyric, have a few Ales with Elminster, find a nice spot on some ruined tower someplace and watch all the half crazed Adventurers looting and ravaging the countryside.
    20.jpg
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd spend my beta time scouring the foundry looking for every bug I can find to report so hopefully at launch there's a relatively bugfree program- considering the foundry is what I look forward to the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snewfielokisnewfieloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Send wife and kids to mother in law's house for weekend check
    Buy chicken wings and ribs already cooked check
    Buy Beer check
    Play all weekend with no sleep priceless.

Snewfie
  • Options
    jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Number one thing is probably obvious..... I want to see what Cryptic has created from one of my favorite PnP RPG games. I have played many different versions of D&D over years both in PnP, and on my computer. Each has a familiar feel, but they each present it also in a unique way. I have played CO and STO, and based on how they play I would enjoy Neverwinter. I do accept that no computer based game will replace the late night, very long play sessions that my friends and I shared. Still it is a D&D themed world, and I have always enjoyed a good RPG experience.

I will definately be checking out character customization. When I played STO I enjoyed making my ground character, BOFFS, and Ship look how I wanted with the varioius parts that Cryptic provided. When I tried CO I was even more amazed at the massive amount of options I had for creating a champion that looked as I wanted. I also spent more time tweaking these looks over time, and then writing back story to explain why the new look happened. I enjoy both visual and literary creation in online games. Not many player read your character information, but a few do and usually comment on it.

The Foundry will also be interesting feature to try out. When STO added the Foundry I was not so sure about it. Content made by players for players does not always work out well. It does work, and I have enjoyed some great gaming time in the Foundry. With Neverwinter I would probably have more fun making content then playing it. In PnP D&D I enjoyed making characters, back story, and even tried my hand at DMing a few times. Making a fun engaging story that many can enjoy is of interest to me. Granted I would need to see what limitations, and options are provided. If it expands on what the STO Foundry offers then I can see great potential for my creative ideas to come alive.

Overall I will look forward to seeing what is possible in Neverwinter. I hope I can get to see as much of it as possible, but even if I never make it into any of the Beta Weekends I will be spending my time on Neverwinter once released. Everyone like to be a Hero in their own unique ways. Neverwinter will definately be one of those ways for me.
  • Options
    nozferatu1967nozferatu1967 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to do NOTHING...except play Neverwinter...if you let me have a key :p
  • Options
    gimmiediedgimmiedied Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :cool: good luck everyone !! If i were to be awarded the pleasure of playing NW in Beta,I would do all i can to see if the bugs that have been reported were cleared up.I would also level, quest, explore, help others, pvp , and do events.good luck!!
  • Options
    daranthereddaranthered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to give the Cleric and the Mage classes a good shakedown. Other than that, I just want to see where the game takes me.
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well first couple of hours will be spent on character customization on each race. xD
    I'll then want to explore the world while learning how to play intended main class, Control Wizard. I'll mess around with the Foundry to try to get how it works, it already sounds fun and I want to mess around with it. :D
    I don't want to level my character very high because I want to save that for when NW officially starts. I want to look forward to something at least. I'll want to explore and learn what I can.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    talonvectortalonvector Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Welll 1st off with out access to the beta it would be hard to play it, but i am hopefully looking foward to videos on utube if the players r allowed to make them. But with that said my wife is going to play the game also, so getting the founders pack, that i could not share with her would make me not want to have 1 at all. But i guess what i am hoping is, is that this game is going to b what i thought i wanted out of GW2. To all u all in the beta have fun, and if there is no NDA make us some videos so utube can stop being boring.

Thank u =)
  • Options
    esprakamomotesprakamomot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This winter Oh yes its winterfest, neverwinter finally comes and im planning this beta to explore,analize each classes and character and try them all. Explore the world of neverwinter how big it is, and to see how scary and strong are the mobs and kill them as i can..To know the Pros And Cons in this game and limitations. The Foundry will also be interesting feature to try out, but even if I never make it into any of the Beta Weekends I will be spending my time on Neverwinter once released., I will just enjoy playing on beta
  • Options
    redlead3rredlead3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is just to level up a character following the main progression path. I want to experience all the main story arcs as I level up, so I won't be grinding outside of that if at all possible. I will also try some of those special zone events if one happens to start while I'm playing.

Formerly redleader - Real join date is July 2008
This discussion has been closed.