test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to take a break from afking in GW2 and see what Cryptic studio has to offer. I never played one of their games before, curious on their take of action-based combat in mmorpgs.
  • Options
    sarcon89sarcon89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hrmm my plans are to play through and absorb myself into the game then eventually hit the foundry and go zonkers on creating some original humorous missions (yes 4th wall breaking will be included).
  • Options
    sirus49651sirus49651 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    Is it to hit the level cap as quickly as possible? Conquer every dungeon delve with your friends?

Let us know and one lucky Neverwinter fan will win a Hero of the North Founder's Pack! This contest will end Monday, February 4, 2013, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

If you didn't win, another way to get access to Beta Weekend 1 on February 8, 2013 is to purchase a Founder's Pack. Get yours today before it's too late!

ohhhhh mmeee me me me upgrade mee
  • Options
    feherlangfeherlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to try a little bit of everything, and in the meantime absorb myself into being a priest or maybe a guardian. I will definitely do lots of PVP. No game will ever be a challenge if I'm not with and against many other people. I love D&D and especially Forgotten Realms, so I'm going to explore the world all I can.
    Neverwinter is my last hope in finding a beautiful, enjoyable, large-scale, money-independent MMORPG with mostly friendly community. :)
    "Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky."
  • Options
    sethgravert1sethgravert1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Get a good feel for the game. Share my feelings about the game play and the way things look as any good beta tester should. As a DND player from all the back to the little handouts I want to see how far this major part of my life has come. On a side note, not get hurt by my wife for sending all weekend playing.
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Testing as much as possible cleric, wizard and dungeons.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    ttamm0rettamm0re Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to do everything possible! GAMES ARE MY LIFE!!!
  • Options
    hamhuggerhamhugger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Probably log in, kill some things, talk to some people, kill more things. you know that stuff.
  • Options
    vampiroalhazredvampiroalhazred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    As for myself, I'm excited to get my own hands on the character creation and play around with that. Then I think I'll try out one character of each race and each class for a bit to get a feel for the basics and the feel of them. After that, I probably go for one class and explore the world. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    || http://vampiro-alhazred.tk ||
  • Options
    asdaninasdanin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Finding every piece of Lore i can get my hands on and placing it in the bigger picture, while trying to break every mechanic there is in the Game. I hope to avoid sleeping on the Keyboard (just to much of wasted time).
  • Options
    grimlowbanegrimlowbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We need a good DnD game that doesn't have me looking at something that looks like minecraft
  • Options
    k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Want to explore every dungeon I can with what buds I can get into the game.

Dungeons ftw!
  • Options
    remedylaneremedylane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After I learn the features of the game, I would like to enjoy the game since it's best way to encounter some problems(bugs) and report them for the good of the community and suggest some more features which I think will be fit to the game. Also, I would like to transfer my knowledge to other dungeoners to let them experience a good game.
  • Options
    wongsoongeewongsoongee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i love doing dungeons with my friends and exploring most of the world
  • Options
    vegasmoonvegasmoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am fan of Forgotten Realms since I was 12. Now I am 22 :) And first thing which I would do in beta weekends -explore that places I read about in books - Neverwinter, Luskan, Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, Cormyr, Myth Drannor. And of cause I would report every bug :)
  • Options
    defachidefachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    I will experiment with all of the classes and play with Foundry.
  • Options
    heavenshock12heavenshock12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First thing I'll do is to join a lovely guild who will support me and perhaps even a roleplaying guild, if I already play D&D why not to make it a roleplay game ?! : P
    Then I'll try to develop a story to my character and to attempt to conquer dungeons with my guildies and friends and through that also develop my character's personality and strength.
    Sounds like fun ; ).
  • Options
    appleboatappleboat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal of Neverwinter Beta Weekend is to first find a good guild to play with, then enjoy the game up to the level cap. When I hit the level cap, I will start making dungeons with the Foundry. I will also try to role-play.

I'm really looking forward to this awesome game!

-appleboat
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to level up, while reporting as many bugs as possible in the hope that it will make a difference, enabling a more polished game to be launched.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    necronidasnecronidas Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will kill them all!!
  • Options
    vinylitavinylita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Try to play as much as I can and get to high levels!
  • Options
    kumosornkumosorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to find the character that fits my playing style perfectly! ^_^.....ALToholic right here XD
  • Options
    spacelord21spacelord21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just want to go through the lands,fight with monsters,help to the people. And also go to the tavern ;)
    And stand in front of a lake and think about how can i help to the others and become a great,noble warrior. And the best thing is a No-Name warrior looks after the people,but the people do not know who is the mysterious guardian.

77311630.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Options
    ranva12ranva12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First I will try out the character creation, after that I will play at least the tutorial with all classes available and then I will pick one class and try to get as far as I can get :)
  • Options
    whisperionwhisperion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pretty much everything I'd want to do has probably been referenced in the posts above me. Mainly, I suppose what I'm looking forward to trying out the most are the classes and races, especially some kind of spellcaster, as well as the combat system. Ever since discovering more action-based combat in MMOs I haven't really been able to stand the old tab target format. But the one thing I'll probably end up doing the most is spending ages in the character creator if it's as robust as advertised and anything like in previous Cryptic games. It's a bad habit of mine when given a lot of options and sliders to fiddle with to spend a long time tweaking until satisfied.

If I manage to keep my altaholicism and my obsession with sliders in check, I'll probably be off on a grand adventure, making things explode, trying not to break the game and making sure to let someone know if I find anything that could need fixing. I'll also be exploring and trying to find hidden or hard to reach locations that are easy to overlook. That's a more recent thing I've taken to doing, especially after playing a game like Guild Wars 2, and I'm hoping areas like that exist in this game. Not necessarily with some sort of loot reward like a treasure chest, but there are times when a pretty view to look at and take a screenshot of can make a nice souvenir, too.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Forgotten Realms setting after stumbling into it mostly by accident when I picked up a number of novels set in Faerun as a teenager. Sadly, I've never gotten to play any tabletop D&D, but that fondness for the setting has stuck with me almost half my life. I played NWN and dabbled in persistent worlds for a brief time, even tried DDO, but my love of the Forgotten Realms is probably the real reason I'm looking forward to exploring Neverwinter so much.
  • Options
    crazyshadowfyrcrazyshadowfyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely trying to learn as much as available about the Classes so i can help figure out who amongst my friends will play which classes. Also taking in the sites, i love the Environments and Lore to any game and am curious to see what i'll see and encounter. Definitely curious to see if the Foundry is gonna be available to learn how to use the tools and go about creating my own stories/adventures. And most of all gotta level so i can see what the Development team did in terms of artwork for the armors and weapons.
  • Options
    atlas1338atlas1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    actually i am a big fan of the founders pack because my girlfriend is waiting for this game even longer than i know her.
    So i want to surprise her with this pack. And maybe she let me play a bit either...
  • Options
    opurumdopurumd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal would be to have a character mind for each class. You know, test out the strengths and weaknesses of all races and see which one suits me best. I also want to explore as many dungeons as I can with a group of other players, and possibly make friends. That way, I have a crew to play with every time I log in. Hitting the level cap is also a must. I've never maxed out in an MMO before, but I plan to do so with this game.
  • Options
    officerpantherofficerpanther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited February 2013
    My plans, well the wife would not be happy, but I'd play every chance I can and explore / level as much as I could. :) I'll miss her.
  • Options
    dragonbane1977dragonbane1977 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When it comes to great Heroics,
    My Guardian Fighter likes to show it,
    The Neverwinter BETA is here,
    Those bugs have lots to fear
    I cant wait to log in
    To be sure, Neverwinter for the Win!!
This discussion has been closed.