test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I am going to test out the gamplay and see if the selling points would be enough to go out and get other people to join. 'Check out this new MMO' doesnt cut it anymore for a lot of older gamers so I need something more than 'This demo looks cool'.

I'll be trying out the Control Wizard, Two-Hand Fighter, and Trickster Rogue. If NDA lift allows, I'll be streaming it. If it allows, I am going to edit the video and throw up a commentary on youbtube and topmarksgaming.org. If it doesnt, I won't be doing that.

If the level cap (15) is gone for the BWE I will also be spending at least a solid day in Foundry.
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • Options
    kage84kage84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    I would spend time first getting a feel for each of the classes by looking at their abilities and customization options and playing a few levels with each, except maybe the Guardian Fighter as I've never enjoyed tanking. As I play each class I'd try to explore as much content as I can, doing different quests if possible, as well as one or two played only through Foundry quests to see how that compares.

Once I feel I've gotten enough of a feel for each class to have more of an idea what I'll want to play at launch, I'll start to focus on creating quests in the Foundry. I've already got a number of ideas I'd like to try to create, and will likely come up with more as I see what options are available. I also want to see how customizable I can make content to help prepare for future quests/stories, as the Foundry will likely be where I spend the most time post-launch.
  • Options
    assassin238assassin238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    I will simply be getting to know the game mechanics. Especially since I am used to playing traditional MMOs where you mouse-click the actions bars, and it seems this game is like Tera where you have to use the keyboard keys for attacks.
  • Options
    castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just, like, you know; chill out and stuff, man.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • Options
    calse76calse76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to test out several of the classes, as well as core mechanics like dungeoning, crafting, foundry etc. To look for bugs as well as see how fun the game is to encourage friends to play. The targetting is different than other mmos I am used to so getting used to it will be a plus. I do not want to level too much in the game, as I want to be able to explore the game proper with friends once it goes live. Mainly just want to have a good understanding of the base game so i can answer our groups questions.
  • Options
    zjinxzjinx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 10
    edited February 2013
    Should the NDA allow it I will spend my entire time in game streaming to Twitch and You Tube. I will likely follow this up with a review of the game for MMOsite. I also enjoy theory crafting so I will spend a great deal of time discussing the skill sets, class mechanics and reviewing the process to build characters in unique solid ways.

All in all I will have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tone of fun and share with as many people as possible :3

Cheers
  • Options
    terror2003terror2003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cannot wait to be able to max out my cleric!
  • Options
    boar122boar122 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan on hoping i get into beta since i still haven't recieved a key:`(
  • Options
    tariboitariboi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to see little bit of everything test all the playable characters explore the dungeons and get high level as possible :)
  • Options
    daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    I plan on exploring the possibilities of the foundry system. Looking forward to that! I also plan to investigate on the customization potential for character builds (whether the choices are shallow or in-depth), since these two are my largest concerns (much like quite a bit of people here), and submitting bug reports along the way.
  • Options
    desyumidesyumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I enjoy just walking around and looking at everything and interacting with NPCs. Hopefully there won't be the same generic conversation from NPCs.
  • Options
    aefnuraefnur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans for the beta weekends are to play with a friend, and just enjoy the environments, climbing up and down hills, or just roaming the big plains and meadows while we slay mobs and encounter new places. We will be grouped all time, and we will be playing slow just to be able to find weird things, or beautiful things for that matter, on our way to the higher levels. :)
    Every glitch and bug will be tested/recreated two to three times, if possible, so we know it is a bug/glitch and then reported by both of us to the teams. And when that's done we try to find other bugs to report on our journey, this generally getw the little pesky buggers to a minimum.

Cheerios :D
  • Options
    scaredycrowescaredycrowe Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to discover and report as many bugs as possible in the starting areas so that the game can attract AND keep the playerbase.
  • Options
    lesignelesigne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will not be able to access beta test. bcoz I know i can't win this. But i will look forward to playing and exploring.
    Anyway, bless neverwinter!
  • Options
    pewchingtonpewchington Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to simply explore as much of the area as I can. Also going to spend a long time on character customization if they have alot of options.
  • Options
    wraithsxwraithsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For the beta weekend, I'm going to try to test a little bit of everything to begin with, get a feel for the game and what it has to offer. Once, I've tested the waters, so to speak. I plan on clearing as much content and dungeons as possible with my friends. The beta weekend can't come soon enough.
  • Options
    robert076robert076 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to explore the entire world.. Maybe do a nude marathon run! Then I plan on casting Magic Missle...at the darkness.
  • Options
    zaphtasticzaphtastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My focus would be the Foundry. It's THE reason I'm interested in this game, user-generated content is great! I'm very interested to see how it compares to the Mission Architect, which I have a lot of experience with.

That said, I'd probably look at the gameplay too, and how well it flows -- especially if playing on an US server from Europe (international guild).
  • Options
    tullietullie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If given the chance to test during beta weekend I plan to extensively play with the foundry and see what kind of content I can create. I love DMing and hopefully I can come up with some good content for my fellow gamers. I also want to play around with character customization and of course try to find as many bugs/exploits/etc as I can.
  • Options
    kheallerkhealler Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will use /wave at every player in will encounter ingame!
  • Options
    toteztotxtoteztotx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my plan is to try out the control wizard and see all the havoc I can cause while making new friends that i can play with in beta and when game is released. All while looking for anything that could be changed and fixed to post on the forums.
  • Options
    duckalowduckalow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I intend on going around and wrecking enemies with a Great Weapon Fighter. I look forward to exploring the combat and dungeon aspects of the game during the Beta, along with just general exploration.
  • Options
    jaecernjaecern Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to try everything the game has to offer and then brag to my friends about it! Heck I'll even post it on my Facebook & Twitter accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enchanseaenchansea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to explore the many options of NW, including character customization, and the foundry if possible. I also just love running around and taking in the sights. And I will probably brag to my friends and family about getting into NW beta LOL.
  • Options
    bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to meet new gamers and create a party to quest with
  • Options
    mrsnakegmrsnakeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited February 2013
    Play all of the things. Like most beta tests though, I'll be playing classes I won't be playing when the game goes live :)

Have fun, give feedback, kick-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, take names :D
  • Options
    amarosa2001amarosa2001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I get a chance to play in Beta weekend I plan on breaking the stereotypical mode. This girl aint no healer but a warrior. I love the challenge of being the tank and keeping all the agro of the mobs on me. I shout at them "HERE I AM COME AND FIGHT ME!". My armor and shield help protect me as I keep them all focused upon me. I obviously plan on trying out the guardian fighter although the two-handed warrior entices me as well. I wouldn't mind unleashing death upon the creatures in my sight. I've been playing RPG's for years as well as D&D always playing a warrior. This kitty has some claws and she is ready to lash out! I have played in raids in other MMO's where I was the tank. I want to test out the tanking abilities in this game and see how well it works. I also think you need a girls perspective on the game. I see you plan on having some decent character customizations that are important to a woman. Also some social aspect to the game as well so I want to investigate this moonstone mask. I'm already familiar with Neverwinter from playing Neverwinter Nights and I'm familiar to 4th edition rules as I tank for my party. Now I would like to see how this game will implement one of my favorite roles to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seeriaseeria Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely explore and seek out lore tidbits.
  • Options
    remyiremyi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll probably spend a lot of time with the character creation, and then just explore a bunch.
  • Options
    destinsworddestinsword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to try all the different classes that are currently out and expierence as much of the content as I can, and give any feedback that could possibly help the game for when it is released.
This discussion has been closed.