test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Opinion poll - Wanted divine classes

Comments

• Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Druids are primal - not divine.

Shoo!!!

:p

I know many who would debate you on that.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Ha???? :confused:

Click lore link on my signature, then classes in first post.
    Neverwinter:...|Lore...

It is not something negotiable, it is a fact like say, Sun rises from the east.
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Ha???? :confused:

Click lore link on my signature, then classes in first post.

It is not something negotiable, it is a fact like say, Sun rises from the east.

Must be a 4th edition thing. 2nd edition, Druids revered dieties of nature, most of them Silvanus.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Must be a 4th edition thing. 2nd edition, Druids revered dieties of nature, most of them Silvanus.

And that is why the thread was created :)
    Below lists the changes from 3e to 4e in brief because a lot of people seem confused...
  • Options
    ironbloodzironbloodz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I voted paladin only cause I believe the Neverwinter team will give it true justice in its creation and I wish to see the outcome! =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I will probally play cleric because in most mmorpgs the rogue or assassin is liked so much in the begining that most mmo's will break them so to speak where they are unusable so investing time in them I've found since the MUD days to play something else lol.
  • Options
    narcolepticjedinarcolepticjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Although it's not my first choice (mine was for the Avenger), I do think Paladins should get the first nod. They are after all one of the canon classes.
  • Options
    fenris22fenris22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fighters do better battlefield control in MMO games anyway plus the RP states don't port well in MMO. This type of class in computer games has had problems implementing since the marshal in 3.x.

Actually the Runepriest in warhammer online was a beast pvp wise. Was alot of fun with the right spec, but most specs didnt seem viable unfortunately. Shame warhammer online was so poorly done, it could of been great.

I voed Runepriest but Paladin would of been my 2nd choice.
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I would have to say Paladin as well. Just had too many pnp sessions with some really colorful paladin players. It just doesn't feel like dnd (to me) without someone argueing moral choices with the paladin.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    trollbogantrollbogan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This week I was reading some 4ed books and I got shocked by that (and no cleric shield proficiency).

I'd vote for paladin, it will always be THE TANK for me.
  • Options
    maliusnightmaliusnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Rune Priests == Green Lantern LOL!!!
  • Options
    palmapalma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Druid (ya I know, not divine.. but no where else currently to yell DRUID from the treetops). Paladin of course.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    palma wrote: »
    Druid (ya I know, not divine.. but no where else currently to yell DRUID from the treetops). Paladin of course.
    Yeah I am always asking them to sub divide the forums in divisiond from power sources or roles, so you can all have homes.

No Primal Tree for druid yet :'(

Its ok, you can spend the night at temple!
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To be honest I would like a real old school cleric mace and shield in the bad guys face kind of god follower before any other type.

But as that is not on the poll the it has to be a Paladin.
  • Options
    angelascendedangelascended Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would have to say Druid as well, I know, "Primal" whatever that means. I just know it kind of leaves Silvanus high and dry, you know the nature deity, the neutral one, all about balance....
    Daelyn of CO & STO, Kathea Borian of NWN 1 - Menzoberranzan (Sams Server), Kathea and Mebridia of NWN 2 - The Frontier & Frontier Reborn
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Battle Cleric with War Priest paragon path. Mace, and shield preferred.
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When they add Paladin it will be like the other classes. That is to say, without options. So will they use with a 2h sword or 1h sword and shield? This is Neverwinter guys you cannot just say Paladin sadly.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    arlisa15arlisa15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    No offense any Paladins, know ye that I do love your humble and stoic ways. I always have been fond of the southern Chondathian druids however. So, in my own fondness and that some druids may not vote for themselves, I shall vote for the Druids. Indeed.

This^ I too would love to see Druids. My favorite class of all without a doubt.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    arlisa15 wrote: »
    This^ I too would love to see Druids. My favorite class of all without a doubt.

As said before, druid is not a divine class hence not included in this poll.
  • Options
    sinhealersinhealer Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Minstrel ...can't beat running around playing the lute while in the heat of battle and healing people....yeah I will get my coat. :p

Paladin.
  • Options
    samarisesamarise Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    HHmmmm. Pally - Druid? Druid or Pally??

I love to play with paladins, esp in dungeons but ...

I don't actually play paladins. So I guess I'll have to go with the druid. Yes, definitely, love running through the forest with the dew on my fur. Druid it is!

Ooops! Druid isn't included in divine classes? What will Sylvanus say?
  • Options
    tormsy85tormsy85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do the gods grant druid spells in older editions? IIRC the druidic spells still come from nature, even in the older editions. Worship of deities such as Sylvanus and Mielikki doesn't grant druidic spells, and I'm pretty sure druid didn't have to pray at night to regain spell slots. I've always been under the impression that druid worshiping Sylvanus is like a warrior worshiping Torm, the former is not a cleric and the latter is not a paladin. In other words, faith in this case has no effect on the class.
  • Options
    bjac9bjac9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    You should add the monk, its a great class!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bjac9 wrote: »
    You should add the monk, its a great class!

Monk is a psion class now.

I have missed no divine class (except for cleric as it is already there). See even less-known RunePriests are there.
  • Options
    sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hell yeah! I would like a class similar to the death knight in world of warcraft I think it's called blackguard in DnD
    6iscnm.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    sevargath wrote: »
    hell yeah! I would like a class similar to the death knight in world of warcraft I think it's called blackguard in DnD
    blackguard is shadow origin (not divine) but paladin can be evil now.
  • Options
    sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    blackguard is shadow origin (not divine) but paladin can be evil now.

ok i want a Dark Paladin :)
    6iscnm.jpg
  • Options
    iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had to vote for Avenger, but agree with the sentiment that Paladin would be the next logical choice for inclusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    i can't wait new details on pax east
    6iscnm.jpg
  • Options
    bjac9bjac9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    I am curious though, if paladin is added, I am guessing his main attribute will be charisma, followed by wisdom and strength?