test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Opinion poll - Wanted divine classes

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    good point.
    That seems to be low priority class for now.

Fighters do better battlefield control in MMO games anyway plus the RP states don't port well in MMO. This type of class in computer games has had problems implementing since the marshal in 3.x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fighters do better battlefield control in MMO games anyway plus the RP states don't port well in MMO. This type of class in computer games has had problems implementing since the marshal in 3.x.

In LOTRO, the rune wizard class was quite successful though criticized as not being part of lore. Maybe they can turn this class to something good? But, it will still be the class in which I will be the least interested in. I mean... runepriest... the name is something wrong. It brings a viking image suddenly overlapped by the image of a hospital...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    In LOTRO, the rune wizard class was quite successful though criticized as not being part of lore. Maybe they can turn this class to something good? But, it will still be the class in which I will be the least interested in. I mean... runepriest... the name is something wrong. It brings a viking image suddenly overlapped by the image of a hospital...
    I play a PnP Runepriest so they work as aura battlefield controllers, but just don't work well overall in most video games. Thanks for noting LOTRO, good example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Druid.

even though Favored Soul is my favorite

Ive always thought it was cool that they had direct links to their deities. Also rules wise its cool having perfect saves, though I kind of feel like there should be a way to drop the whole favored weapon thing for turning.

They will always be my favorite divine class but I guess my opinion should be ignored since they are pretty much a cleric variant. I would prefer more variety as apposed to repeated classes to start off with.

So druid is my pick since they are dramatically different than most other divine casters.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Druid.

even though Favored Soul is my favorite

Ive always thought it was cool that they had direct links to their deities. Also rules wise its cool having perfect saves, though I kind of feel like there should be a way to drop the whole favored weapon thing for turning.

They will always be my favorite divine class but I guess my opinion should be ignored since they are pretty much a cleric variant. I would prefer more variety as apposed to repeated classes to start off with.

So druid is my pick since they are dramatically different than most other divine casters.

Druid is not divine but primal now. Favored souls is a paragon path of avengers - they wear clothes and are strikers. (more or less divine assassins)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Druid is not divine but primal now. Favored souls is a paragon path of avengers - they wear clothes and are strikers. (more or less divine assassins)

Unlike those previous Favored Soul nude avengers. They won as enemies averted their eyes and were temporarily blinded from the paleness of their....

Oh, you mean the avengers now wear cloth armor? Nevermind then! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Oh, you mean the avengers now wear cloth armor? Nevermind then! :p

I won't call it armor. People don't cheer if armor of their favorite fighter breaks while she fights...
  • Options
    valistariusvalistarius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Basicly what the developers should strive for is to introduce the 4th edition versions of the 3.5 edition base classes i.e. paladin, monk, druid etc. and then allow the players to spec the base classes into the different prestige classes.

Seeing that the cleric will already be featured, the only logical next step would be to implement the paladin class.
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My bad, I mainly play 3.5 and Pathfinder since as a DM I don't enjoy the combat in fourth ; my players don't like it much either. Its not a bad rule-set per say, its just not for me.

In any case if druids don't count as Divine then I say the Paladin.
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Since clerics are already going to be in the game... Paladin and Avenger are definitely the next best options.

I've gotta say I love Paladins AND Avengers and really would love to see them both but if I had to pick ONE to get first...

Avenger
  • Options
    alfrunaalfruna Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I haven't played alot of pnp games since 2nd Edition. I bought the 4e players handbook when it came out, but did not do much more than skim it at the time (and in that glance it seemed to me that it was revamped with the play style of online gamers in mind - not really what I want in a pnp game). I was very set to vote DRUID on this thread until I saw that the newest ruleset has them listed as other than divine.

Guess that makes my vote Paladin, but dang, I still want my druids in the game!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2012
    at this point ide appreciate some video footage of ANY divine class
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The only thing I can think of why they wouldn't show it is they may be revamping its physical appearance; maybe that's why no video is shown. Otherwise I'm in the dark why it's so hidden too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ... Wizard! b:avoid
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My favourite divine class is the cleric, but it's followed by the invoker. I sincerely hope there will be a divine controller in the game, since it's really fluffy.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    alsaroth wrote: »
    ... Wizard! b:avoid
    Divine wizard? That would be cleric. Divine Warlock would be invoker. Divine Rogue would be avenger.
    And divine fighter? That would be paladin.
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    My favourite divine class is the cleric, but it's followed by the invoker. I sincerely hope there will be a divine controller in the game, since it's really fluffy.
    Similar. My fav is cleric too, followed closely by avenger.
  • Options
    adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I would really like to have a playable Druid, personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    memworldmemworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't really picture a D&D game without the option of Druid and Paladin. Since the paly's have been kicked out of divine, I would have to go with Paladin.
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Paladins are Divine. Druids are Primal :D BTH that's more appropriate.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    surf13 wrote: »
    Paladins are Divine. Druids are Primal :D BTH that's more appropriate.
    I agree. Druids were into balance and all where divine gods always take sides like good, law or something.
  • Options
    magbrawn63magbrawn63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi all. I prefer Paladins which are divine. Druids sounds interesting. Either class i will play.
  • Options
    almightysarcasmoalmightysarcasmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Inquisitor?
    I am the Wishmaster

4nKjr.png
  • Options
    victorvonvainvictorvonvain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i gotta say id love a druid class
  • Options
    victorvonvainvictorvonvain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    actually would a ranger be a divine caster class? they have some spells. if so i change my vote to ranger
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    actually would a ranger be a divine caster class? they have some spells. if so i change my vote to ranger

They are categorized in the primal classes I believe.
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I gotta say my favorite divine is the classic Cleric, other than that I would say warpriest then Invoker for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They are categorized in the primal classes I believe.
    color=white]Ranger is Martial in 4e. No spells. Pure DPR.[/color]
  • Options
    icdeadmanicdeadman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Avenger, cloth wearing rogue with divine abilities. whats not to love.

Also, Ranger is martial, Druid is primal. The only divine classes are Avenger, Cleric, Invoker, Paladin and Warpriest in D&D 4e.

Check out www.tsr.com for a complete list of classes and which power group they belong to (martial, divine, arcane, primal, psionic) as well as which roles they can all play (controller, leader, striker, defender).
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually the warpriest is a Cleric build. There are only 4 divine classes in 4e ^^
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    thoroweeydtilthoroweeydtil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Paladin...