test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Opinion poll - Wanted divine classes

gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Temple
I would like to know which one divine class would you like to see the most in the game, besides cleric.

...then shalt thou nominate one, no more, no less. One shall be the class you nominate, and the number of your nominated divine classes shall be one. Three shalt thou not nominate, neither nominate two, excepting that thou then proceed to delete all except one before pressing reply. Four is right out. Once the one class being nominated, being the first number, one - thou shalt hit reply...

For me, I would like Invoker. That way I can play as a keeper of divine words (like "Peng" and "Neee-wom")...

ok enough of Monty python references for the day...
Post edited by gillrmn on

Comments

• hazrothhazroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    Paladin! It always has been and always will be my favorite divine class.
  • talsictalsic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2012
    I definately vote paladin. It has always been my favorite for PnP and in RGPs. How can you have a D&D game without paladins?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Can't beat the paladin.

Butt kicking for goodness! and all that good stuff.
    But let's hope they add plenty more over time.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So simple Gill. Paladin. It's the class I always play first when I start a new D&D computer game.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    talsic wrote: »
    I definately vote paladin. It has always been my favorite for PnP and in RGPs. How can you have a D&D game without paladins?

Very well said.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm... I don't know...

Well, as an obvious Lolth sympathiser, I'll probably have to pick this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    No offense any Paladins, know ye that I do love your humble and stoic ways. I always have been fond of the southern Chondathian druids however. So, in my own fondness and that some druids may not vote for themselves, I shall vote for the Druids. Indeed.
  • henzaihenzai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 154
    edited August 2012
    I've always liked the true necromancer prestige class. Not sure if it constitutes as a divine class though, as it is a divine/arcane class. If i have to choose a pure divine class i'd go with druid. I got a soft spot for metamorphs and hopefully we'll se a great implementation of the druids shapeshifting ability through the use of dailies and encounters
  • byphbyph Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Paladin! And please, no gender-lock.
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    While I love paladins, I'd have to choose the druid. Druids would bring nature based divine flavor not present so far.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nimloh wrote: »
    While I love paladins, I'd have to choose the druid. Druids would bring nature based divine flavor not present so far.

Druids have been kicked out of divines. The treehuggers have primal powers now.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Well druids are a primal class and not divine. Granted there is no primal class forum but will once the do the ranger.

But as to the next divine class... well paladin will win simply because it is so iconic to D&D. But my vote will be for the Avenger.
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Druids have been kicked out of divines. The treehuggers have primal powers now.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that. I still think of them as divine.
    edited August 2012
    nimloh wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I forgot about that. I still think of them as divine.

I think new arrangement is better. Instead of being slaves to god's power they are more into elemental spirits etc., like a shaman. Ofc, if you still want a flavor of divine+nature, you can instead become a divine of Silvanus or those who abide in his plane.
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like the favored soul but i guess they are called invokers in 4th edition
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
    edited August 2012
    galvayra wrote: »
    I would like the favored soul but i guess they are called invokers in 4th edition

Yes, FvS is a paragon path for Avengers (not invokers). It fits its earlier profile of being more of a damage dealer. Hence it is a divine assassin.
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Avenger :d
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm sticking with cleric or warpriest but have the right to change my mind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zephelxzephelx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have to agree with the OP and go with Invoker. Played quite a few divine classes in 4e and always loved the feel of the Invoker. REALLY hope this class is added in!
    edited August 2012
    I'm sticking with cleric or warpriest but have the right to change my mind
    Of-course, if monk comes out at launch, I somehow have a feeling that you will jump the wagon :p
    zephelx wrote: »
    I have to agree with the OP and go with Invoker. Played quite a few divine classes in 4e and always loved the feel of the Invoker. REALLY hope this class is added in!
    If it were up to me, I would play all the divines simultaneously... (I so want to have such an option!)
  • zephelxzephelx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    If it were up to me, I would play all the divines simultaneously... (I so want to have such an option!)

Ok I'll agree with that! I do enjoy pretty much every divine class.
  • blindburnblindburn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Paladin FTW!
  • bloodgambitbloodgambit Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I know little to nothing of 4e, but I have always loved Clerics. Paladins are okay, but Clerics were my true love in the other D&D games that have come out as well, such as NWN 1&2 and DDO. I like to heal, and the Cleric was the best class for it.

@Maekada in-game

Formerly MaekadaFolay on the forums.
  • johninyjohniny Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think druid is great divine/nature spellcaster so i vote for him :)

PS: I agree with all votes for pala, but he have enought votes and i want to see druid too
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    OoOo...
    This is a good thread.

I am super torn. If I was making this game I'd have the paladin be my choice. It's super D&D iconic and flavorful. However, assuming that such iconicness already means there will be paladins in Neverwinter, regardless (and I'm assuming that's actually what will happen) then I vote for avengers.

I notice nobody votes for runepriests.
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Avenger. No contest. Paladin is a distant second in my book.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The iconic paladin. From what I've seen the game is being presented as help Neverwinter (for whatever self motivations your character may have) stave off the evils of the world around it. The paladin fits that role of the staunch protector perfectly.

This is coming from someone more used to 2nd and 3/3.5. I'm not as familiar with the divine classes of 4th.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bardbarian wrote: »
    The iconic paladin. From what I've seen the game is being presented as help Neverwinter (for whatever self motivations your character may have) stave off the evils of the world around it. The paladin fits that role of the staunch protector perfectly.

This is coming from someone more used to 2nd and 3/3.5. I'm not as familiar with the divine classes of 4th.

I'll answer that:

The biggest change from the last edition to 4th is divine powers may be granted from a divine source, but are bestowed by that person's clergy most of the time. After a person is granted their divine power, the person is no longer "checked up on" by said divinities and may act however they want with the granted powers and it is up to the clergies on that world to "enforce" any behavior contrary to their group faith (based on how the worlds are separated with the primal powers looking after the material world also a cause of the separation. See the info on the Gods vs the Primordials Dawn War and the later Nature Primal Powers stepping in for more info on why this is so.)

I'm not sure what I can say about D&D Next, so I will say simply that all edition sources are potentially supported and it's the DM's call to support the basic D&D Next attribute system and whatever "additional rules modules" they rule allowed. So divine powers for D&D Next literally can be all over the place now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Paladin

and please no gender locked classes, i really hate mmos that do that it's just so cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
    edited September 2012
    aavarius wrote: »

I notice nobody votes for runepriests.

good point.
    That seems to be low priority class for now.