Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Deities of New Neverwinter - Detailed

Comments

• Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    ...Elistraee- death was important to save all drow. Now good drow can become dark elves and are not doomed for their fate is in hands of Corellon. So if you are a good drow, lolth can no longer control you - for Elistraee cleverly sacrificed her life to liberate a few good drow (plot hook to let drow roam freely as good - without having to do naked dance in front of open-air fires).

Actually, good drow can't become dark elves now. They had to either worship Elistraee at the time of her demise, or not have the blood of Wendonai the Balor in them. Which for the latter was only about 10-15% of the drow race population, so not many were made into dark elves. At the end of the book, it even says that in order to save her people, Elistraee sacrificed the souls of those who didn't worship her to save those who did. In other words, drow who didn't worship her at the time will forever be drow. They can still worship other gods (such as Corellon) and not enter Lolths domain, but they can never become dark elves. Which is probably why we won't be seeing them as their own race until D&D Next at least. I'm curious how they'll play that out though. I'm kind of hoping they lean them more towards wizards/priests, since those were the two classes that helped revive their race. Off-point, just thought I'd clear up the dark elf thing there.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pink hair? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pink hair? :D

Where where?

*can't find the pink hair*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    *checks and sees they are still gods and not primordials*....

Are you sure? I thought they were made primordials...
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Gilrmn is correct, the 4th edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide lists the following as the Realms' Five Primordials. I've had them listed as Primordials since it's writing here also in my Grimoire. There is also the Seven Lost Gods stating that some of these lost seven gods, such as Dendar the Night Serpent, Kezef the Chaos Hound, and Borem of the Boiling Mud, may have been primordials.

The ones that have been Primordials and the Elemental Gods though and remain (exception: Bazim) are:

• Akadi
    • Bazim-Gorag (he is actually an ascended batrachi to primordial form from old Pandemonium)
    • Grumbar
    • Istishia
    • Kossuth

The other four have always been the Realm's "Elemental Lords," or neutral primordial gods. Now it's just all official and they have their own category apart from the Gods.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »

The ones that have been Primordials and the Elemental Gods though and remain (exception: Bazim) are:

• Akadi
    • Bazim-Gorag (he is actually an ascended batrachi to primordial form from old Pandemonium)
    • Grumbar
    • Istishia
    • Kossuth
    Oh! Thats nice knowing all the primordials. I was just suspecting it as they were never mentioned to be in Astral Plane and all gods have to be in Astral Sea.

Just checked the list on your updated thread. That is a nice list!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I checked the actual FR campaign guide updated on the D&D Insider site. If they changed it, it is they who need to update it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I checked the actual FR campaign guide updated on the D&D Insider site. If they changed it, it is they who need to update it.

Something is not right here. Just opened the FRCG. (Actually I never realized which book had them until you told me)

Here is what it says on page 81:-
    PRIMORDIALS

Name

Alignment

Sphere

Realm

Priests

Adjective

Akadi

Unaligned

female

Air Sky

Home

airwalkers

Akadian

Bazim-Gorag

Chaotic evil

male

Chaos

Pandemonium

Stone lords of change

Bazimite

Grumbar

Unaligned

male

Earth Root

Hold

earthwalkers

Grumbarryn

Istishia

Unaligned

male

Water

Cresting Spires

waterwalkers

Istishian

Kossuth

Unaligned

male

Fire

Undying Pyre

firewalkers

Kossuthan

• Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So tell me where does Orcus fit in the FR setting? Or does he I'm a bit confused...wish they would release a FR Pantheons book.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I actually mean the Compendium on D&D Insider which includes any and all erratas for said books.

Yes this is a mess now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm assuming Truth that wasn't in answer to my question ...or was it?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    However, Orcus was resurrected by Quah-Nomag, one of his foremost high priests and thralls, in a blasphemous ritual he enacted in the Astral Plane. Orcus then reclaimed his kingdom and his original name, re-proclaiming himself Prince of the Undead, despite his hatred of undead. However, as a result of his second death and resurrection, Orcus has lost his divinity and is now a demon lord again.
    According to the fourth edition Monster Manual, Orcus was once a mighty primordial who was corrupted by the evil of the Abyss, reshaping him "into the likeness of pure destructive evil".[28]:52 Long ago, the gods tried to slay Orcus while he was traveling outside the Abyss. Although the gods sent a host of angels to slay him, Orcus killed every last one of them.[28]:223

Orcus is not considered a god anymore and would fit now as an outside demon power. Technically since 4th ed, Orcus is a major Demon Lord and not a deity like Asmodeus became (again.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Orcus is not considered a god anymore and would fit now as an outside demon power. Technically since 4th ed, Orcus is a major Demon Lord and not a deity like Asmodeus became (again.)

As truth said. Also I was not able to find any option for Player Character to worship him.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Okay so he can still be doing machinations within the realms as Orcus the Prince of Undead (as a demon lord)? So we can use him as Foundry fodder?
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm guessing that would be the path to follow unless Orcus shows up somewhere in canon material and throws your Foundry material into chaos....
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Okay so he can still be doing machinations within the realms as Orcus the Prince of Undead (as a demon lord)? So we can use him as Foundry fodder?

Oh absolutely! He's been bothering even gods since his "reassignment" to Demon Lord and trying to achieve (or reachieve depending on edition,) godhood since!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tempuran temple of "the Bloodhall" High House of Swords and Banners in the town of Ormpetarr. Ormpetarr still exists after the spellplague.

The Abby of the Sword another Tempuran Temple exists in Battledale.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Tempuran temple of "the Bloodhall" High House of Swords and Banners in the town of Ormpetarr. Ormpetarr still exists after the spellplague.

The Abby of the Sword another Tempuran Temple exists in Battledale.

Oops! forgot to update it. Updating now.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I might have missed but were Avandra, Ioun, or Vecna still around anywhere?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    morbic wrote: »

Those deities do not, never existed in Forgotten realms. They exist in other campaign settings and core setting.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    These are Greyhawk/Base D&D deities, not Forgotten Realms gods. They do not exist or have no influence within the Realms' Crystal Sphere. The only Ioun that ever existed in the realms is an Archmage from Netheril who went by the name of Congenio Ioun and was the creator of the Ioun Stones, which at first were known as Congenio's Pebbles.
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Dieties available for players to worship at character creation seem to be -

Amaunator
    Tempus
    Corellon
    Selune
    Moradin
    Oghma
    Silvanus
    Sune
    Torm
    Kelemvor
    Chauntea
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Amaunator
    Tempus
    Corellon
    Selune
    Moradin
    Oghma
    Silvanus
    Sune
    Torm
    Kelemvor
    Chauntea
    Just keep in mind, as the game isn't even in Beta yet, this is subject to change.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    And just for the record, Vecna being a deity of secrets and all, DOES have his body "artifacts" show up in the FR. I can't share details, but there's even a quip about one of his "parts" in game somewhere....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

Amaunator
    Tempus
    Corellon
    Selune
    Moradin
    Oghma
    Silvanus
    Sune
    Torm
    Kelemvor
    Chauntea

Were are the evil gods ?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    Were are the evil gods ?

I will quote Zebular here:-
    Just keep in mind, as the game isn't even in Beta yet, this is subject to change.
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    "If I don't cry about it maybe they will forget" - Paranoid Wizard
  • Options
    magrynmagryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :cool:Magryn here...Hard core - PnP Cleric. Good to finally tune in and see this level of excitement. On a side note...have I missed something in some thread or is it too soon to raise the question of spell lists ????
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    I know I'm behind in my reading. What ever happened to Finder?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I know I'm behind in my reading. What ever happened to Finder?

Check deities in my signature. He lived in gates of the Moon. He is missing though.

EDIT: oops! Here
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?23281-Deities-of-New-Neverwinter-Detailed/page2&p=373521#post373521

EDIT2
    didn't realize it was this thread itself :D