test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Guide] Deities of New Neverwinter - Detailed

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    Thank you. Another question: do Druids exist in this system and are they "primal Divine" users?
    Druids do exist in 4th edition, however they are no longer a Divine Class. They are now a Primal Class.
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    That Cleric looks off the hook, kitted out the way he is, cloak and helm = Specatacular
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Are there any threads that show a list of deities that are actually in the game? This is a nice detailed list, but it's kind of irrelevant since it looks like the majority are not in the PC game.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    Thank you. Another question: do Druids exist in this system and are they "primal Divine" users?
    Druids 'exist' as do any other class. Druids usually worship Chauntea and Silvanus. It depends on ideologies.
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Are there any threads that show a list of deities that are actually in the game? This is a nice detailed list, but it's kind of irrelevant since it looks like the majority are not in the PC game.

Looking at the Character Creation Videoes post in the Discussion thread, you can peruse thru all the characters creatable now, in Beta, to find the list is currently:
    Amaunator
    Chauntea
    Correlon
    Kelemvor
    Moraden
    Oghma
    Selune
    Silvanus
    Sune
    Tempus
    Torm

But of course this is just what is in Beta, or what has been allowed to be seen to the public thru the MANY reviewers and web pages.

Personally, I am disappointed in no Lliira or Sharess. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    They only have greater gods. They are assuming people will worship greater gods to worship gods/exarchs undr them.

Lliira and Sharess are both exarch of Sune. Hence if you worship any of them you are supposed to choose Sune. You can add in biography that you actually worship Sharess(or Lliira) via Sune.
  • Options
    alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »

Personaly, I'm a bit dissapointed to see no Bane, Gruumsh, Cyric, Asmodeus or Shar.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    alsaroth wrote: »
    Personaly, I'm a bit dissapointed to see no Bane, Gruumsh, Cyric, Asmodeus or Shar.
    Worship of Asmodeus and Shar may require a separate storyline for woshippers of these two sects play a major part in story as antagonists. Asmodeus worship should have a storyline with Mordai Vell. While worshippers of Shar should fight against Thay and collaborate with Vellosk Werewolves (and kill forsaken)
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    They only have greater gods. They are assuming people will worship greater gods to worship gods/exarchs undr them.

Lliira and Sharess are both exarch of Sune. Hence if you worship any of them you are supposed to choose Sune. You can add in biography that you actually worship Sharess(or Lliira) via Sune.

I didn't think of it that way. Thank you.
  • Options
    blackblades505blackblades505 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No Banite or Cyric worship? BUT CYRIC IS THE ONE TRUE GOD! See how he slew that Harlot Mystra! That's what will happen to them all!

Cyric Dogma
    Death to all who oppose Cyric. Bow down before his supreme power, and yield to him the blood of those that do not believe in his supremacy. Fear and obey those in authority, but slay those that are weak, of good persuasion, or false prophets. Battle against clergy of other faiths, for they are false prophets and forces who oppose the One True Way. Bring death to those that oppose Cyric's church or make peace, order, and laws, for only Cyric is the true authority and all other authority must be subverted. Break not into open rebellion, for marching armies move the false deities into action. Fell one foe at a time and keep all folk afraid, uneasy, and in constant strife. Any method or means is justified if it brings about the desired end
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    No Banite or Cyric worship? BUT CYRIC IS THE ONE TRUE GOD! See how he slew that Harlot Mystra! That's what will happen to them all!

Cyric has been sealed in the Supreme throne for 1000 yrs and there is no way in or out of Supreme throne.

But that does not means cyric is not worshipped. For example, just last weekend I ran across some cyric's clergy while traveling near Amn running a chore for Reanult - the son of Neverember.
  • Options
    grakulengrakulen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice write up. Thanks for the thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    grakulen wrote: »
    Nice write up. Thanks for the thread.

[Thread=23911]There is a 4e Introduction Thread too. You might want to check it out[/thread]
  • Options
    kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    To those more knowledgeable that I, is there any news about Mystra after she returned? Is she back to being a Greater God? Or still recuperating her powers as some lesser god? Or since FR "present" (not this game particularly) is still at 1479 DR, the story of what happens next has yet to be told?
  • Options
    robbievwrobbievw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Exactly, where is Mystra at this moment in the timeline? At least all wizards should be able to worship the Goddess of Magic.
    "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    robbievw wrote: »
    Exactly, where is Mystra at this moment in the timeline? At least all wizards should be able to worship the Goddess of Magic.

Dead. Again. Again Again.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Mystra is dead in 4e and her revival is only addressed in 5e.
    Even in 5e, it is kind of secret for a long time and is concentrated in parts far from neverwinter.

The folio of arcana is shared by these three gods:-
    Corellon:- Arcana related to seasons(cold,hot, spring etc.) So control wizards can worship him for their freeze rays.

Selune:- Radiant and Charm part of arcana. Related to charm and radiant magic beffiting the Moon.

Sseth:- Dark part of arcana. This includes vampiric like powers of draining etc.

Oghma does not have arcana before someone brings up the misconception again. He is scroll god. His wizards do not learn magic but use scrolls and scribe stuff. So for "real" wizard(i.e. the scroll worm), Oghma is a better choice.
    Also Oghma and Mystra are enemies, btw. Before someone asks.

All this is written in the list I already prepared and pasted here.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Also Oghma and Mystra are enemies, btw. Before someone asks.
    Oghma and Mystra are not enemies, they just don't agree on things.
  • Options
    nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lathander?
  • Options
    kfmckfmc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    nordveig wrote: »
    Lathander?
    People found out that Lathander really was an aspect of Amaunator. But it seems that some of Lathander's personality rubbed off on Amaunator as the latter is now lawful good.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are there any plans on Clerics having different skills based on their deity?

Or are those powers homogeneous now :/
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    Are there any plans on Clerics having different skills based on their deity?

Or are those powers homogeneous now :/

Sorry this thread is for discussing astral deities of the realms only. FOr such questions, it would be best to ask them in ask the developers thread.

However, to my knowledge, even devs cannot answer this question except just before launch. I am pretty sure the picture at launch for deities would be different than one seen in beta. How much different is something one can only speculate.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Because of the personal messages I get about gods like Kossuth, Azuth etc., I have decided to add the primordial gods to astral gods too.

Primordial gods are not truly deities, nevertheless they are worshiped by a large portion of demographics of Forgotten Realms. Hence In continuation, I would be adding the primordials to this thread next week.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    PRIMORDIALS

Elemental Lords in Toril

Name
    Alignment
    Realm
    Priests
    Adjective

[post=1122341]Akadi[/post]
    Unaligned
    female
    Air Sky
    Home
    airwalkers
    Akadian

[post=1122351]Bazim-Gorag[/post]
    Chaotic evil
    male
    Chaos
    Pandemonium
    Stone lords of change
    Bazimite

[post=1122381]Grumbar[/post]
    Unaligned
    male
    Earth Root
    Hold
    earthwalkers
    Grumbarryn

[post=1122401]Istishia[/post]
    Unaligned
    male
    Water
    Cresting Spires
    waterwalkers
    Istishian

[post=1122431]Kossuth[/post]
    Unaligned
    male
    Fire
    Undying Pyre
    firewalkers
    Kossuthan

Rest of the Primordials are not worshipped by the people of Toril. Hence they have not been included.

Apart from above, less known primordials who are worshipped are:-
    Asgorath:- Worshipped in draconic pantheon, he created sea of fallen stars
    Ubtao:- God of Chult

Other primordials who are dead, imprisoned, and who roam around free are not included. A few points to note
    - Auril is a fury but is not a primordial but a deity.
    - Many dead primordials may still be worshiped in cults.
    - Worship of primordial does not gives power like astral gods do because primordials are apathetic to everything. The evil Bazim-Gorag, is still apathetic to plight of mortals even when he is evil.
    - Worship of primordials is not uncommon in realms, but is less common in civilized parts and is more prevalent among certain tribes and certain areas.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Reserved///
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Reserved///
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Reserved///
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Reserved///
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Reserved///
  • Options
    edited March 2013

<should have added it earlier but better late than never>

This thread deserves first thanks to Selune - who inspired me.
    Second one goes to contributers to the temple list, I have credited them in the table itself.
    Then to the people who encouraged me which I was writing all of it and copying logos uploading them.
    Then to those - many of them - with whom I had a lot of discussions (sometimes heated) about deities : those discussions broadened my knowledge.

As a lot of people were involved in this - in discussions and asking questions which lead to the need of this thread - I cannot credit them all by names, but I would like to take a moment to thank them all.