test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ... been made by A<beep>...

ok ok! Point taken. Stop torturing me!
  • Options
    k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So... January and stuff.

Shouldn't news be flying around the forums?

Ooo, for sweet potatoes and cuddly, fluffy things. I cannot take it any longer.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    k44mos wrote: »
    Shouldn't news be flying around the forums?....

An angry mob demands news.

Gill:- So news flies. Right? What also flies?

Villager A:- Paper?
    Villager B:- Very small rocks?
    Villager C:- ... ... cows?

k44mos:- A Dragon!

Gill:- Exactly! So Dragon flies. But what also is one thing dragon is?

Villagers:- scratching head.

Gill:- Have you ever seen one?

Villagers:- No.

Gill:- So what does it means? That dragons .... a-r-e.... ... ... ...

Villager F:- (hesitates) rare?

Gill:- Yes! So what does that means?

Villager A congratulates Villager F
    Villager B:- That news are also rare?

Gill:- YES! Exactly!
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm just looking forward to reading the new pc gamer magazine. And praying we get more video's to cure my shakes.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I'm just looking forward to reading the new pc gamer magazine. And praying we get more video's to cure my shakes.

I think bitterwinter already did post somewhere that they confirmed devoted cleric and great weapon fighter in it.
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I did indeed :)
  • Options
    lordjustice72lordjustice72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have plans to buy the PC Gamer on Tuesday. If nothing else I will have a code for a free mount. Then will have to wait for the Beta key and or the game to come out to get it.
  • Options
    maiinamaiina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2 more days :)
  • Options
    shield999shield999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ready to be an orc tank with a shield and a mace I'M SOOO READY!
  • Options
    craigtrekcraigtrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited January 2013
    @maiina - What is in 2 days ? the magazine or the Beta ?
  • Options
    maiinamaiina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Pc Magazine of course ..... but....... maybe something else :) I can see all the sign

A gift for the new years... stars aligning themself with some strange and old long forgoten symbols and with a brim of mystery perhaps a date for closed beta...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Craig, the latest PCGamer Magazine Issue is already released which features an article and promotional code to receive a mount to use in the game. It was released a few days ago so no need to wait for that any longer if you want to check it out.

However there was a Twitter post, I think, which alluded to a January 8th Press release. I believe that's what Maiina is referring to.
    Perhaps somebody could remind me of where that rumor originated from because I can't for the life of me remember. I just go along for the ride on most of these press releases haha.

EDIT - There's a difference between Official Inside Scoops and Rumor Starting. If the game is going to be open to the public by February 29th, which I hope it is, then this "insider" hasn't been told.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Perhaps somebody could remind me of where that rumor originated from because I can't for the life of me remember. I just go along for the ride on most of these press releases haha.

People are getting restless, hence the rumors. I was surprised to find PMs to me specifically asking about beta date. At one time, even I got confused when I read bitterwinter's post but he soon pointed out it was regarding Defiance. I guess people want to play it so much they are also seeing things and unable to see beyond the rumors...

A post by CM saying assuring them that he will post at least a week before beta begins and sticky it -- or something along those line -- would help a lot to stop these confusions.
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Well on Craig Zinkievich's twitter he has been hinting more and more to randoms that Beta/game not to far and they will be annoncing beta plans soon. That was 4 days ago.
    So i held my breath and now i have brain damage.....

"BRING FORTH THE BETA... please i have a barrel of gutbuster with your name on it"... Said the Dwarf pensively running his finger through his orange beard.

Actually im gonna tweat him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Craig, the latest PCGamer Magazine Issue is already released which features an article and promotional code to receive a mount to use in the game. It was released a few days ago so no need to wait for that any longer if you want to check it out.

However there was a Twitter post, I think, which alluded to a January 8th Press release. I believe that's what Maiina is referring to.

EDIT - There's a difference between Official Inside Scoops and Rumor Starting. If the game is going to be open to the public by February 29th, which I hope it is, then this "insider" hasn't been told.

Okay, time to clear up the truth (no pun intended) from the fiction.

Back a few weeks ago, people started commenting on a twitter about a meeting and announcement for the press regarding a GERMAN article. While this did not in any way say or promise a release date or beta news, since it was tweeted, people took it as cannon something was going to happen, and it wasn't even related to the 8th of January back then.

Flash forward a few weeks to the PC GAMER MAGAZINE FEBRUARY 2013 RELEASED JANUARY 8TH article mentioning an exclusive on Neverwinter. Being the starved for info that people were, they chomped on the idea that this magazine article was connected to the foreign announcement then, and made their own conclusions, including that it was the beta announcement date. As rumors often do, it grew to the idea that it wasn't simply an announcement date, but an actual START date for Beta up to and including but not limited to both an impossible start date of February 29th (leap years are only divisable by 4 years the last one in 2012) to the magazine would start Neverwinter Beta.

All I can say is the magazine has codes to get one of two mounts WHEN the Neverwinter Beta starts, as well as discusses things like the Great Weapon Fighter in its article. Cryptic/PWE has not released nor have I had any personal information on ANY beta start date or even a range WHEN that might be announced. While based on the influx of new communication that I think an announcement is imminent, I can't promise you WHEN any date is for this and only HOPE it is in January.

Speaking as a moderator here, I cannot say what you will find important or not about that article, that I leave to you the reader and forum member here.

What I can reconfirm is it's not an announcement for a beta beginning. Sorry to have to confirm this. There is no super-secret cow level that has a copy of the magazine that secretly has the beta start date and how if you're reading this, you're already in and here's how. Mind you, if something like that that did exist, it would be wicked cool and a very exclusive issue! :p But it does not, and I'm not hinting at anything there. (Some people could read into anything, so just wanted to say this and it's not a secret message.)

I said there's no beta date yet! Quit trying to look for secret messages!

And now, off to the quotations for the fun I know the replies from this news will bring. Well, I'll try and make it a bit fun...
    Inside Scoop for Release Date ....

The game will be release before February 29th

Yes, the game will be released before February 29th. Since leap years happen once every four years, and the last one was 2-29-2012, I can say with 99.99% certainty this game will be released before 2-29-16. For your European people that's 29-2-16

mnatic wrote: »
    Well on Craig Zinkievich's twitter he has been hinting more and more to randoms that Beta/game not to far and they will be annoncing beta plans soon. That was 4 days ago.
    So i held my breath and now i have brain damage.....

"BRING FORTH THE BETA... please i have a barrel of gutbuster with your name on it"... Said the Dwarf pensively running his finger through his orange beard.

Actually im gonna tweat him.

Or we'll even bring out that froo froo wine those...Elves *shudders*...drink if that's your liking if you'll release a beta date!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    harsiharsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well if anyone got a spare beta key, i would give him a Cookie or a Cake *wink* .... message me if u got one. *kiss*
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Or we'll even bring out that froo froo wine those...Elves *shudders*...drink if that's your liking if you'll release a beta date!

Ha. Yes even that. Anyone have any mithril i have an halfling sized chainmail shirts that costs more than the whole shire.... Opps wrong realm
    (shakes head vigorously and whips hair back and fourth)
    I to agree that Beta is imminent due to the increased communication lately, but that is just my humble opinion as someone who ahs been involved in a couple of minor betas before.

No tweet back yet, Lonely so lonely got no Beta to call my own..

At this point forward progression would just be nice to know.

@harsi i think a cookie is a bit too low, ive already given out several hugs. With no beta in sight.
    At this point i would suggest selling your liver to raise funds.... What is a spleen and do i need it?? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ha. Yes even that. Anyone have any mithril i have an halfling sized chainmail shirts that costs more than the whole shire.... Opps wrong realm
    (shakes head vigorously and whips hair back and fourth)
    I to agree that Beta is imminent due to the increased communication lately, but that is just my humble opinion as someone who ahs been involved in a couple of minor betas before.

No tweet back yet, Lonely so lonely got no Beta to call my own..

At this point forward progression would just be nice to know.

@harsi i think a cookie is a bit too low, ive already given out several hugs. With no beta in sight.
    At this point i would suggest selling your liver to raise funds.... What is a spleen and do i need it?? :)

Those humans have some fascination with Kidneys...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013

You just need fingers and brains to play. The former can be done away with if you can trade em for tentacles ... ... ... ...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    thats it then truth im off to cryptic studios to belt them with kidneys and until they yeild unto me a beta key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    You just need fingers and brains to play. The former can be done away with if you can trade em for tentacles ... ... ... ...

all this talk of tenticles im watching out incase surf is sneaking up on my brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kuroihonoukuroihonou Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Question. So I'm a LT subscriber to CO but when I was hunting around today after seeing the great weapon fighter video for the beta sign up page. I finally went to the redeem key page and it says not applied, do I have to worry about that at all?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kuroihonou wrote: »
    Question. So I'm a LT subscriber to CO but when I was hunting around today after seeing the great weapon fighter video for the beta sign up page. I finally went to the redeem key page and it says not applied, do I have to worry about that at all?

afaik, they have not yet released beta keys for LTs. Beta has not started either. So hang tight. You will get access when beta starts and you get selected (they are going to do close beta in waves) for it.
  • Options
    kuroihonoukuroihonou Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    afaik, they have not yet released beta keys for LTs. Beta has not started either. So hang tight. You will get access when beta starts and you get selected (they are going to do close beta in waves) for it.
    Okay i was only concerned because it said i wasn't applied. thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kuroihonou wrote: »
    Okay i was only concerned because it said i wasn't applied. thanks for the heads up.

The thread itself exits to reduce beta anxiety :D
  • Options
    quseioquseio Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2013
    GUAH MMMUST HAVE BETA ! BEEEEEEETTTAAAAAAAAAAAA I WILL EAT YOUR BETAAAAAA ARRRRRRRGHH bEEEEEETAAAAAA BOREDOM HAS TURNED ME INTO A BETA ZOMBIE please send me a key and start it already! your my only hope of a cure ! looks at the last post abovr ....Hungerly mmmm you you have beta dont you ! rawwwwwwwwr omnomnom
  • Options
    quseioquseio Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2013
    all this talk of tenticles im watching out incase surf is sneaking up on my brain.

who needs limbs just wire your brain to the computer just need a drill some whisky and a bone bit and some towls a knife and sterile string and a needle... and of course a wire of some sort id think a hdmi connector might be best
  • Options
    rumrunner151rumrunner151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So confused....PC Gamer email says: "As an additional bonus, every issue contains a unique key code that can be redeemed to randomly receive one of two exclusive mounts as well as Neverwinter Beta access!"

Yet the OP says "The PC Gamer Magazine, January 8th issue contains a code for one of two random mounts. This key does not grant beta access nor does the magazine have a beta key."

Sure hope the OP is wrong!
  • Options
    cystalsentinelcystalsentinel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They are being Cryptic! ;)
    So confused....PC Gamer email says: "As an additional bonus, every issue contains a unique key code that can be redeemed to randomly receive one of two exclusive mounts as well as Neverwinter Beta access!"

Yet the OP says "The PC Gamer Magazine, January 8th issue contains a code for one of two random mounts. This key does not grant beta access nor does the magazine have a beta key."

Sure hope the OP is wrong!
This discussion has been closed.