test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• Options
    valandur1valandur1 Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2012
    You know, as Ireland more about the foundry, I'm growing more and more excited about NWN. I loved the concept of being able to create your own modules, but the Aurora program was just unwieldy and not DM friendly!

It almost feels like I'm getting ready to make a adventure for PnP like I used to do way back when, a odd feeling because its been so long, but a good one! ;)

I've got so many outlines for adventures that I've jotted down over the years, to have an avenue (a way) to actually bring those to reality is incredibly exciting. I really am looking forward to beta and release now. Even moreso as there is no upcoming game that really interests me aside from Archeage which will be years before even beta.
  • Options
    xxi7quadcorexxxxi7quadcorexx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    where can i get beta key?
  • Options
    dnier69dnier69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    where can i get beta key?

i think they pretty much said we can't i personaly have about $500 wrapped into alot of there games and can't even get one
  • Options
    artiamanartiaman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Only gives random keys?
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    what would really suck ? if u bought the founder pack and your friend gets in before u just signing up on the NW site LOL
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    health002 wrote: »
    what would really suck ? if u bought the founder pack and your friend gets in before u just signing up on the NW site LOL

What sucks more? People who bout some X game and not get in first or people who are the true fans that have been with the game's development since day one who are potentially the backbone of the game and not get beta access at all?

I really hope that they start handing out keys to people who have been following the game back when it was still being published by Atari. Now mind you I don't expect every single person to get a key but the whole market sales beta key bribe never bode well with me.
  • Options
    sunstone2012sunstone2012 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heh RANDOM LOTTO, with no set date, woot!

I guess we check our forum mail everyday or something? will you send us an email

Thx
  • Options
    sunstone2012sunstone2012 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeh the creation feature sounds cool, although i am not so sure there will be much challenge in these custom modules IE risk vs reward and then there's the balance issues which are pretty important long term to me.

Anyways the PVP aspect of this game sounds great, I hope they don't rush the game too much. and release it half finished to make money faster.
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    While waiting for NW i wrote a novel called, "How to troll a forum".
  • Options
    fredchipmunkfredchipmunk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Venting frustration, sort of, while waiting for Beta Key. Having been involved in around a dozen MMORPG Beta tests since 1996, I would rather see the opening delayed rather than have a poorly designed product placed on the market. Initial reviews from closed (or open) beta are important to the success and survival of a game. Spending too long in closed beta (i.e. over a year) is a sign that the game has serious flaws. We can be patient.
  • Options
    tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was runner up in the scary adventure contest. Supposedly everyone got beta keys, but I don't know how to tell if I have. They haven't actually told me anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    But what do we actually have to do in order to get a beta key?

Wait and develop patience. Sad but true.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Posts from a recently undead thread have been merged into this thread. Please be aware, threads that are inactive for more than a month are subject being considered "dead" topics and Kelemvor does not like necromancy here. Also, the replies are more suited to this thread anyway.

~Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wanna make a barbarian class! I wanna barbarian human fighter named Bob for my Beta and I want it NOW!

What, mods can't whine and vent too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wanna make a barbarian class! I wanna barbarian human fighter named Bob for my Beta and I want it NOW!

Fine..just no fur cod pieces ala Ralf Moller okay? :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    neuroelfneuroelf Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2012

i REALLY hope they've put in more than 4 classes... even if the other classes are in the cash shop. 4 classes is not enough for me.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i assume there will be 4, rather 5 archetypes (ranged missing), but probably 2-3 specializations per class...
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i assume there will be 4, rather 5 archetypes (ranged missing), but probably 2-3 specializations per class...

It's been pretty well established that there will be some form of Ranger at launch, if you look at the Chinese site (which looks so much cooler than the American/European site) you see a ranger symbol on the class page.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    if you look at the Chinese site (which looks so much cooler than the American/European site) you see a ranger symbol on the class page.

Got a link for that site?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    valandur1 wrote: »
    Got a link for that site?
    Neverwinter, China Site: http://nw.wanmei.com/ - I have to admit, it has my favorite intro video for any MMORPG web site. In all though, there isn't much info public there that we do not have available. It's just their layout and mysteriousness of a foreign language that provides the allure. They did reveal the info on the Cleric Class before it was here in the Americas, though. That is for sure.
  • Options
    thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    *pulls the money card* i love to throw money at dungeons and dragons.. gimme access so i can pay you.. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    neuroelf wrote: »
    i REALLY hope they've put in more than 4 classes... even if the other classes are in the cash shop. 4 classes is not enough for me.

They have to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    mok33 wrote: »
    They have to start somewhere.
    Yep, they did state a while back before I was a Moderator here that they really have no limit (other than what is in the 4e Source Material) for how many classes and races that they can and will be adding as the game continues to grow. The four we know of now are just simply, the first four most played classes in D&D and serve as a starting point. I still believe this to be true and that as time goes on, we'll get more and more classes and races.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Four Classes isn't enough for anybody, really.

But in my eyes that's why I am glad this is an MMO. They can release four classes to start, though I suspect we may have five, and add more classes later as the game develops. This won't be like NWN where company support dies as soon as the game is released, Cryptic will continue developing as long as it's profitable to do so...
    And that's a very encouraging thought indeed. As much as I loved NWN I hated hak packs, I like some form of standardization. We'll have that due to Cryptic's continued development of Neverwinter so when you see four classes, don't mistake it meaning NWN Style Four classes. Four for now...many more later.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i stronly assume there will be at least two different versions of each class - e.g. control wizard and damage wizard, defensive warrior and offensive etc...otherwise there wuld be no reason go give every class name an add like TRICKSTEr rogue or GUARDIAN warrior...but that is what seems to be done last in an mmo, all the classes...i guess they simply started with 1 of each archetype to test the different mechanics...
  • Options
    rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited December 2012
    Have I missed any news on the Closed Beta? Is this still happening in 2012?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.
  • Options
    thedio777thedio777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited December 2012
    "We can't wait to reveal more details about the world of Neverwinter and the upcoming Beta. Stay tuned in 2013 when you will be able to embark on your incredible journey…"

So beta is "officially" after 2012 xD
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Also I can assure you they have given us no information on Closed Beta other than that we won't know more until January.

Cryptic has not, anywhere, stated that CB will be in a few weeks. I promise you that.
  • Options
    galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Cryptic has not, anywhere, stated that CB will be in a few weeks. I promise you that.

But they did, in my dreams, cryptic jumped out of a cake wearing a sexy skimpy santa outfit and said to me that beta will start tomorow! as a present for me.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
This discussion has been closed.