test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Looking around a few other places (who shall not be named) I can say this place is rather civil compared to the vitriol some posters spouted in regards to development. But do play nice no matter what and I'll make sure I comply as well.

Okay, continue to vent all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diablomaki1diablomaki1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i just dont know enough to know if ill get a beta key, and ddo broke my heart with their expansion of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. so im just feigning for d&d and mmo. just really hoping i get 1 somehow.
  • Options
    cerebjastruscerebjastrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My anxiety is over not being in it yet /sniff. But I am excited waiting none the less! Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into making this game!
  • Options
    lesignelesigne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I really really want to play beta.

Is there any way to get beta key now? Let me know plz..

and WTB Beta key also.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    lesigne wrote: »
    I really really want to play beta.

Is there any way to get beta key now? Let me know plz..

and WTB Beta key also.
    Well met and welcome to Neverwinter!

I moved your thread in here as the first post in this thread answers your question.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    WTF ??? This was posted on the DDO forums after I told someone it was not true based on your community monitors swearing up and down that this was not the case.
    Friends and Family betas have been going on for awhile.

They have to deny it, NDAs and such, but it was one of the community moderators who told everyone it was happening by making a thread for his/her forum status.
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Also note, that on the bottm right, it says it is ALPHA testing, NOT Beta testing. So yeah, NDA's still apply to all ALPHA testing.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I removed the URL's. While it's no huge secret the game is in Friends and Family Alpha please don't post links to any NDA Violating content including private e-mails.

The game is in Friends and Family Alpha, not Closed Beta. I wish this wasn't the case but alas the game is still in Alpha Testing.
    So as Obi Wan Kenobi said, "What I told you is true....from a certain point of view."
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have no other comment except my thanks to any NDA violators who leave their identification so easily verifiable.

Genius left proof with his real email address. Oh are you reading this? Consider it an Easter egg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    foxflaresfoxflares Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Game looks very interesting going to look to its release. Love the fact games like this are coming out.
  • Options
    xlebonilxlebonil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It is nice to hear that the game is in friends and family alpha test officially. That means that the game it self is around the corner so thats good news. Lets hope that everything working smooth and we have no delays.
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So how can I get in the play test on the 22nd? Nice to see over on DDO forums a guy got in it and
    left some disheartening feedback. Not but a few days ago you guys said these emails could be phishing attempts.

Well
    the e-mail I seen looked pretty darn official and it erks me this dude gets in and offers nothing but bashing a game others, and
    myself included, have been waiting to help with since this game was announced.

I was correct about people getting invites and was told different from CM's here, which is bull.

What now...more lies?
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    So how can I get in the play test on the 22nd? Nice to see over on DDO forums a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> got in it and
    left some disheartening feedback. Not but a few days ago you guys said these emails could be phishing attempts.

Well
    the e-mail I seen looked pretty darn official and it erks me this dude gets in and offers nothing but bashing something others, and

I was correct about people getting invites and was told different from CM's here, which is bull.

What now...more lies?

Seriously, you need to relax. As has been posted in numerous sites and places, BETA invites will arrive when they arrive. No amount of moaning and complaining on these forums will change the process. It is what it is. Take what is written with a grain of salt, there will always be people who bash a game and there will always be people who love a game. I take negative reviews with a grain of salt, much like movie reviews. I like what I like, I don't follow along with the masses.

Have a great day,

Ezra Steel
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Relax..? This is a venting thread and this isn't about the Beta.
  • Options
    xlebonilxlebonil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    what play test on 22nd are you talking about mrbuttflakes?
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Let me in this dam game already !
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So how can I get in the play test on the 22nd? Nice to see over on DDO forums a guy got in it and

Well
    the e-mail I seen looked pretty darn official and it erks me this dude gets in and offers nothing but bashing a game others, and

What now...more lies?

let me clear up a few things..... The person over at the DDO forums is a huge DDO fanboi who is constantly white Knighting that game. There are some old vids of a F&F test floating around from a former employee in which AA and Hi rez textures isn't even implemented, he more than likely watched those and formed his opinion. I was told at Gen-Con that the F&F test would be pretty limited so whoever is claiming to be special and playing it is lying.

If Truth, myself , or Andre isn't in it then it's only happening with Cryptic and PWE employees because we have been here since day one and I know more than a couple people over at wotc and have had dealings with Jack during his CoH days, and while I did get one of the first beta keys I'm not in the F&F test. One thing I can tell you about Cryptic is they are about as anti ol-boy network as you can get....they actually treat everyone about the same.

So take this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you are reading from DDO fans with a grain of salt they are scared and from my hands on time at Gen Con they have damn good reason to be.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Closed Beta Still hasn't started, that is for a Friends and Family Alpha Test. Sadly it's not open to many people outside the company.

Friends and Family Alpha is a standard part of game design, it's the last major testing phase before the Beta Tests. You're not supposed to know the schedule but obviously what's done is done. To put it simply all I can tell you without violating the NDA (and even this is treading thin ice) is that the game is in Friends and Family Alpha and is not open to the public.

I will apologize for the misleading response I gave regarding the December 8th test, but remember that is NOT public information. Part of the job I volunteered for is to keep non-public information non-public. The only condolence I can give is that due to his neglect of reading the NDA or the big text that read Alpha he likely won't be seeing any more of Neverwinter for a while. He should get his facts straight, Neverwinter is NOT undergoing Beta Tests.

As for his negative comment, consider where it's coming from and what reasoning he gave. If you compare Neverwinter to Neverwinter Nights you're in for a disappointment, it's just not possible to have what NWN had in an MMO but that doesn't mean it's bad. If you compare it to DDO though...I think you'll all be jumping for joy.
    And that is all you will get out of me on the subject ;)

Now please, let's move on. You've got your leak for the week and it's a rather good one too!
  • Options
    k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We want beta.

Caps lock on geek mode yes.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    If you compare it to DDO though...I think you'll all be jumping for joy.
    And that is all you will get out of me on the subject ;)

Now please, let's move on. You've got your leak for the week and it's a rather good one too!

I loved the hell out of DDO played it for 4 years the one thing i hated about the game was that everything was instances,that left a bad taste in my mouth for years LOL.Was good times tho <--- 300 tempest spine runs! also first in game to take out titian,good times
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for sharing what you guys know about the said deal. To me it seems like people are getting into this "play test" from random invite because this isn't the first guy to share and F&F is suppose to be just that, from what I understand. It just seems odd they would randomly toss out these "play tests" to people, isn't that what beta is for? And if their doing these play tests just a few hours every other week, I foresee a 1 week closed beta for stress testing then BAM... to open beta, or PW's way of launching. I really hope not.

I don't expect this game to be like nwn/nwn2 aside from the player made
    content. Being action as the videos show, it looks great. I've been saying it'll be more like Raiderz combat with d&d lore,dungeons, and world to explore. Sorry if I was a bit outta line on my previous post, but reading that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> first thing in the morning with my coffee didn't sit well as I have high hopes for this game.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    i never thought about this until now, but can u do cross classes ? like wiz/fighter/cleric ?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for sharing what you guys know about the said deal. To me it seems like people are getting into this "play test" from random invite because this isn't the first guy to share and F&F is suppose to be just that, from what I understand. It just seems odd they would randomly toss out these "play tests" to people, isn't that what beta is for? And if their doing these play tests just a few hours every other week, I foresee a 1 week closed beta for stress testing then BAM... to open beta, or PW's way of launching. I really hope not.

I don't expect this game to be like nwn/nwn2 aside from the player made
    content. Being action as the videos show, it looks great. I've been saying it'll be more like Raiderz combat with d&d lore,dungeons, and world to explore. Sorry if I was a bit outta line on my previous post, but reading that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> first thing in the morning with my coffee didn't sit well as I have high hopes for this game.

Usually PWE will do a two or three week CB then Bam open beta, keep in mind that aside from these random F&F test sessions PWE has a huge in house testing wing and the guys from WoTC and Cryptic are part of that as well, so I'm sure there will be plenty of internal testing done...I have yet to see any major bugs in any PWE titles. In any event in a few months we will all be playing and this time will be just a bad memory.
    If I want to be lied to... I will ask my wife if she loves me.

Dude...that's a very sad thing to say :(
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Even if I have/had so-called "inside knowledge" I know Alpha level or Friends and Family testing (except what they did on Diablo 3) is heavily NDA'ed so I'd be forbidden in discussing details anyway.

I will say that when I was locked out of the main forums accidently many months back in late June, there were things I could see discussed I wasn't involved in, but couldn't share here anyway even if I was not technically under any agreement. It's common sense. I have no further comment on that and don't ask me for details.

And assume employees, other (Alpha? F&F?) play-test members and moderators for all of Cryptic and PWE are lurking everywhere if somebody luckily does have access and decides to allegedly spill the beans. I'm guessing if that user didn't hack/falsify something, they lost any access they might had before.

The current Cryptic videos released (even adjusted with the resolution drop when they use their recording for whatever reason) does not look like high-school level rendering. Fanbois/White-hats who defend no matter what for their side often end up sounding like that person.

I've stated my praises and my complaints (grumbles about bard and ranger quietly for a moment again and stays quiet on a certain boxes not easily openable thread....) and am always looking for suggestions to back up any constructive criticisms.

I suggested a dev diary like other places have as did many others, many months back and look, it's here. We just need to be persistent and focused yet constructive in our feedback.

And when that fails, vent here. Edit: I guess this is my venting of a sort.

But as soon as we get something on Beta, I'll be glad to confirm it!
    Inside outside or sideways,I've checked and nothing has been released on Beta dates; and that's absolutely as true as my handle at the time of this reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Patience is a virtue, unfortunately its not virtual.

There is good and bad news. Ya'll have the bad news already.... the closed beta is not live yet. The good news is we have inched our chins right up to the wall. We are a breathe or two away.

The good news is we have arrived at a point many of us were hoping for for a very long time. We can choose to just let the developers finish what needs to get finished. Most of us are.

Most of us long time forumites have long given up that there will be a product in 2012 at all, and are just awaiting Crytic's launch when they feel it's prime time.

... because if they did release right now, before its time, if you think ya'll are crying now..... just imagine to witness the worldwide "virtual indignation" that would occur with an overly buggy launch.

Cryptic's dev team is doing it right. The marketing team, well, let's just say the dev team is doing it right!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Aside from echoing what both truth and Andre just said....I think it needs to be said that the developers did not plan to drag things out this long, that was obvious from my GC conversations and from talking to a couple friends at Wotc recently...there were developmental delays and instead of the Atari release now fix later ethos Cryptic and PWE decided to do the right thing.

How can that ever be bad? I mean what if Cryptic got bought by EA the way Bioware did...could you imagine the train wreck this game would have been?

I know it's hard to wait, I have personally have blown through the IWD, BG and NWN 1&2 series waiting....I can't wait to start making modules for you guys and playing other creations that I know are going to kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>....but they just aren't there yet.

But guys... look at what we have gained in the wait, we have an amazing community despite a few ruffled feathers here and there and we have some incredible creators from both Neverwinter Nights and STO. The launch may be late but when it comes I think we are going to have that perfect storm of game and community that will be talked of and compared to for years to come.

Chin up guys we are on the home stretch.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I mean what if Cryptic got bought by EA the way Bioware did...could you imagine the train wreck this game would have been?

*Catatonically rocks back and forth in his "special place" except for one thing he keeps saying over and over again*

"SW:ToR was a perfect MMO game. SW:ToR was a perfect MMO game. SW:ToR was a perfect MMO game....."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.