test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cash transactions - bring the details!

124»

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If we get Novelty Pets, I want Charlie the unicorn , yaaaay!

And I agree with the XP boosts should be an option both for in-store and in-game free options. After all how are we supposed to get the players addicte..err, interested in the boosts if they don't get a taste for free?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Vanity Items; clothing, pets, fireworks, cosmetic items...all good things for the store. Those things will never hurt a game.

Consumables; XP pots, Healing Pots, Mana Pots...these all need to be handled carefully, as they can have a huge negative effect on a game.

Real Equipment; Weapons, Armor, Combat spell Scrolls...no place in a store for these at all, even if they are not superior to in game items. Keep the real "treasure" in game only. The potential to utterly destroy a game lies with these items.

I am confident that the store will be superior to most, due to the F2P from the ground up nature of the game, but we'll see I guess.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If we get Novelty Pets, I want Charlie the unicorn , yaaaay!

And I agree with the XP boosts should be an option both for in-store and in-game free options. After all how are we supposed to get the players addicte..err, interested in the boosts if they don't get a taste for free?

As long as we can never ever ever ever ever own a Black Panther I will be okay....maybe a nice wolf or a bear ( I could call him Mr stumpy paws :P )
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    As long as we can never ever ever ever ever own a Black Panther I will be okay....maybe a nice wolf or a bear ( I could call him Mr stumpy paws :P )

That remind me when I allowed my sister to try and play with us... she wanted to make a Were-panther Mage that liked to eat old ladies' poodles....
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    subway7850 wrote: »
    The funny thing about this is that I dont know if I should laugh at the statment or agree b:laugh
    Seeing smilies other than bears: $10.
  • nwn0babayaganwn0babayaga Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I know nothing about this whole cash transaction thingy and never played any F2P mmo before so bear with me on this topic. The only thing i dont want is to be forced to pay money for a specific level type ot item (say +5) to kill a specific boss to move forward in the dungeon.... that was an example. A good way is to sell these items for the guys who have dem money but also include a very very difficult task ingame for guys w/o dem money but with lots of patience....
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I know nothing about this whole cash transaction thingy and never played any F2P mmo before so bear with me on this topic. The only thing i dont want is to be forced to pay money for a specific level type ot item (say +5) to kill a specific boss to move forward in the dungeon.... that was an example. A good way is to sell these items for the guys who have dem money but also include a very very difficult task ingame for guys w/o dem money but with lots of patience....

Oddly enough there was recently a post from Stormy (community manager) about this :
    stormshade wrote: »
    We have no plans to sell the +5 Radiant Vorpal Sword of Immediate Dragon Slaying in Neverwinter.

There are no plans to make a quick dime off of players who just have to have that +5 suit of magical plate armor that just so happens to be wearable as cloth armor, and have a ridiculous amount of health regen and the ability to store any 6 spells of your choice for a 24 hours period of time.

Nor will will be selling other types of "power".

In short, pay to win is not what we want Neverwinter to be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulmulmulmulmulmul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    if there is 1 info you guys forgot to put in the equation that would be: this game is under PWE now...good luck and pray it won't be pay to win.