test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    One thing I didn't see that was well received with the last enchantment rework is the guaranteed upgrade after X amount of fails, why was that aspect scrapped (if it was)?
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    i havent gone to preview yet, i beIieve I aint going either, but are we abIe to exchage enchantments and runestones for AD? Iike u did in the past? i dont want to exchange my unbound items for enchantments that wiII get a bound to account
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

wilbur626 said:

Question: If at the moment I have every enchantment and runestone at rank 15, when the new module goes live, will they be enough to fully equip my character with the new rank 5 enchantments?

One new rank 2 = 3 old rank 15. Why do you think you will get rank 5s ?
    Because as it is now a rank 15 enchantment is the max value You can get in the game, the correct conversion shall be all my rank 15 enchantments for the new rank 5 as thats its going to be the max value in the future.
    Except that they are adding more levels at the same time. If they didn't change the number of the enchant, a rank 5 would be a rank 18. The stats of a rank 2 are slightly higher than that of live's rank 15.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

I use r8/r9 weapon/armor/exch on all my alts. Not being able to exchange them and forcing us to spend more AD to upgrade them now is effectively killing off the viability of alts.

That really depends on what happens to the lockboxes now. Old r9 enchants obviously will not be in the lockboxes any more, if the lockboxes receive the new r1 enchants instead they will(after some time) be cheap enough that you can fill up your alts with little cost.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

What about the lower lvl armor and weapon enchantments? Is there any plan for away to get the appearance for those?

Addition: Currently the different ranks have different intensity of the effect. (A r9 Plaguefire enchant is less bright flaming blue than a r14.) Will that even still exist in the new system? Can I convert 5 different intensities of the same enchant, or is there any way to choose the intensity while having converted 1 of that enchant effect?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

I use r8/r9 weapon/armor/exch on all my alts. Not being able to exchange them and forcing us to spend more AD to upgrade them now is effectively killing off the viability of alts.

That really depends on what happens to the lockboxes now. Old r9 enchants obviously will not be in the lockboxes any more, if the lockboxes receive the new r1 enchants instead they will(after some time) be cheap enough that you can fill up your alts with little cost.
    Well, the latest lockbox has no new enchantments/runestones in it on the PTS, just checked. And that would fall in line with no new enchantments/runestones being in the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store on the PTS either...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Ok you said the whole reason to change the enchantments was to make the item level and stats more meaningful. How is this being accomplished in any way? Rank 15 is 200 a rank 2 is 600 but it takes 3 rank 15 to get 1 rank 2. Yes they can go to rank 5 but the same could have been accomplished by raising the levels on current enchants. Instead you are doing this new system that is going to require new components to upgrade them yet all the components we have (even from lockboxes and dungeons) will have no use or value except as rp. The enchants we get from lockboxes and the enchants you gave the new characters as they leveled are useless. I don't see this as an improvement at all. We are even losing stats with your new system. How is this helpful at all? This is just killing the game congrats. Im sure my opinion doesn't matter nor anyone else's you have made that clear in the past.

You are literally saying that the exchange is fair with the numbers but then say that you are losing stats? I don't think you are quite understanding everything here.