test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 most of those Rank 9's are on my alts along with the few Rank 10s that drop. So my alts will not be able to buy any of the new gems that they have equipped. I also keep them for when Alts need RP. But the real issue with turning all those Rank 9s to 10's is the sheer amount of Marks of Potency's Rank 4 I would need. The refinement item that drops the least amount in the game naturally. I can't buy them with Tradebars and I focus on the 10 I need to get my alts Artifacts up to Mythic level. Let alone for their enchantments.
    Also I don't remove enchantments much after Level 20. I may remove them once a mod sometimes not even then. The most amount of time spent removing enchantments is during the leveling process because you keep getting better and better gear you need to move them to.

Also I see all the gear has Reinforcement slots. Can we get an update on those? Like they're right now done with the Rank 18 Crafting level. The highest tier of those should be made with the Rank 20 Crafting materials. The materials we actually keep when we get higher level since we don't even need the old highest level crafting materials for Rank 1 Mastercraft anymore.

Lastly, this goes along with the complaint I made about the Mastercrafting changes. This is the sort of thing that needs a blog post from you or @nitocris83 weeks before the mod starts on the main page for Neverwinter, Not buried in the Preview server forums. Majority of your player base probably doesn't pay attention to the forums. I mainly play on PS4 but I play PC solely so I can do the preview to pass the information on to my Alliance. Not everyone is that lucky. Consoles sometimes luck out because you test these changes on the PC live server so we get to hear all the complaints from there and we're prepared for when it coms to us. You did that weeks ahead announcement with the Combat Rework and the huge Mod 15 and 16 changes. You need to do that now with this.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    BLUE COLOR HERE. (I don't know how to do it)

The 1 medallion purchase for 40,000 AD needs a slider to purchase multiples (probably with a confirmation when spending large amounts of AD) or larger quantity medallions packs are needed.

It would also be nice to have temporary enchantments made available for purchase permanently, or added to the training room. Even if they are shorter duration, say 1 day. To give players a chance to play around with things when this goes live.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Each upgrade will have up to 3 components, each of which can be protected by a preservation ward. If the upgrade fails, 1 of the components is chosen at random to be destroyed, unless it is protected by a preservation ward which will get destroyed instead.

Not sure if bug. I attempted an upgrade at 1% chance with a ward protecting each item. The upgrade failed, 1 item was protected by it's ward. However, all 3 wards were consumed. I would expect this to only consume the ward for the item selected to be destroyed.

Wards-gone
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @rangerboo#7766 said:
    > My thoughts as a veteran who has played this game for years. I am not opposed to the changes to enchantments. I can understand why. However, what I don't like is the trade for the weapon and armor enchantments. It is a pretty bum deal that you only get visual effects for trading them. Those enchantments were some of the most expensive to get in the game. Costing players millions of AD to get or upgrade and even sometimes real money to upgrade as well. There should be a better trade for them.
    > I also don't like how much you are going to have to spend on creating new enchantments. I've spent a lot of time grinding to get myself some of the best enchantments for my characters only now to start all over again. Having a better exchange for the enchantments like rank 13 and higher will be nice.
    > Also, I noticed that there isn't really any good combat enchantments for tanks and healers. Can you please, before the update, make some combat enchantments that will help tanks and healers?
    I thought our rank 14 weapon and armour enchantment were worth 120 tokens ? Which will get you a rank 4 combat enchantment? So basically a straight up trade ? I realize that the new combat can be upgraded once more to mythic .
    Am I missing something ?
    Whether you have a rank 14 lightning or rank 14 terror enchantment, they both trade for 120 tokens ?
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    What happen with all the marks we have will there be a exchange for them or something? @noworries
    > @noworries#8859 said:
    > There was no change to any existing content with this update. And your item level will likely go up after you do some exchanges so you will continue to be able to do everything you can do now, and may be able to do more than you can do now.
    >
    > There isn't any content with this update that needs the new IL from the maxed out enchants. Every time we add new progression it is meant as a long term goal and is not needed for existing content or the new content.
    >
    >
    >
    > There has been a few people talking about how their main characters have good enchants but their alts have rank 8/9 because those were cheap/easy to get. The new enchants that are exchanged for are unbound, and there is no unslot cost to take them off your character. This means all of your characters can share the same enchantments.
    >
    > If someone is playing 5-10 different characters each play session that could be slightly tedious to move to the shared bank and back each time. I could look into a thing where an enchant could be turned in for a bound to account, can't be refined, can't be sold, can't be turned into RP account wide unlock enchant. Which means each character could have their own version, but I'm not sure how players would feel about that option since it does mean taking an enchant you could auction/sell and turns it into one that you can't do that with.

No , keep them unbound . If you’re gonna run harder content on alts , take the time and swap your gear around via mail / shared bank . Just my opinion :)
  • jabberghast#1974 jabberghast Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    As a PvP-player I want to bring your attention to the absence of the elven battle enchantment. Some classes really need it for PvP in order to not be a walking target dummy, since they have no cc-break or counter cc. Please consider adding it asap
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 so playing more often my next question is what are we supposed to do with the Marks of Potency? They should be able to be exchanged for AD (the price they currently are in the live Wondrous Bazaar) so we can buy the new item we need for progression (forgetting the name). I'm glad Enchanting stones are still used but now we have the issue we're sitting on all these Mops for no good reason.
    noworries#8859
    As per existing Enchanting Stones , Mark of Potency .
    Will we be able to trade these in ? For AD ? Points/tokens towards new gear / items ?
    Or what will become of them ?
    Ty